April 25, 2024, 02:20:35 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Some thoughts...  (Read 6588 times)

The Account

• View Profile
Some thoughts...
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »
I don't know how much of the players noticed it, but the server is kind of dying.

... And when there are only ~200-300 daily players, (it's just my speculation) I think we shouldn't allow anyone to try to fuck over and abuse newbies.
I bet it's a lot of fun to some miserable, underage pricks to grief all day long, but it will surely deliver the finishing blow to the damn server.

What's the point of playing a game where there are only a handful of players left and most of them are griefers and/or part of one big faction?
To join their circlejerk over some newbs tears?

We need more players, some fresh blood!

Instead of abusing the newbs, help them!

But not by handing them all sorts of useless stuff.. no!
That way they will go soft, they are going to take giveaways for granted.

Help them to understand the game system, the mechanics and teach them how to avoid the scum of the wastes.
(Tell them about tentraping, theft, etc.. and how to avoid them.)

We all want to have a fun time playing the game, but not everyone finds joy in other people's constant downendings and in seeing 10+ noobs ragequitting in half an hour.

Help!
TEACH!

Ah, yeah... I nearly forgot!

If you see Potato Salad, Jim Kill, Corporal Ken, ILogan, or any of their associates and/or alts parading around the Hub downtown in power armors, trying to lure the new guys into their death-traps, just C4 the shit out of them!

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Cave Dweller

• View Profile
Re: Some thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »
Lol okay, well from what I have observed (wow I observe things!), ILogan, Corporal Ken, and that band they wait around and only when it becomes a handful they do something to them. Now there's this dude named Seth Putnam I have seen a few times and he just c4s noobs in their pockets and takes their shit, yes I have seen it. So before we preach about people in power armor trying to supposedly help people or not lets take a look at the real issue of players thinking they might be safe in a town as they are new and some asshole blowing them up from their own inventory... Just a thought?

Strike

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:07 pm »
Only real problem on Reloaded is population, but I can understand that as there is few more servers available :P

The Account

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:26:27 pm »
Only real problem on Reloaded is population...

Yeah, I see it too.
Don't you think that all of this is in close relation to the server population?

Now there's this dude named Seth Putnam I have seen a few times and he just c4s noobs in their pockets and takes their shit, yes I have seen it.

Hahh! Well, ILogan the truth is.. Seth is my character and I just tested C4 for the first time.
It was my first batch.
I wanted to blow up you and all those other motherfuckers, who were running around, spamming shit in cirillic and griefing noobs.

When I arrived and blasted my first two C4's you guys figured that maybe the Hub downtown isn't that safe for your sorry asses and left.

The only thing you could have seen is me blowing up Zora and right after that, help her and RoadBlock start the game, earn their first few caps, telling them to put the caps in their hands, (so the thieves can't steal them) bank them, craft some shit, etc.. and telling them to not to trust anyone.

I believe you've seen and heard all that because you were following us in your fancy power armor, everywhere we went and tried to convince RoadBlock to follow you and that you are not a threat.
"What would I gain from killing you?"
You are a fucking griefer.
And a jumpy one.
After we told you a thousand times to fuck off, I took a step towards you with my plastic explosives in my hand.
Surprisingly, you weren't a tough guy anymore, you just ran out, (at the topmost exit grid, though we were in front of the FLC.. a noob griefing noobs, hah!) and screamed shit about me.
That >I< try to trick newbies.

And.. I don't take stuff from newbs. It is against the rule of the thieves guild.
I especially don't take the items from those I kill. NPCs do that.
I handed out stuff to them. Have you ever heard of Robin Hood?

Oh, and don't forget that I also helped you some days ago.
Bitch.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:28:25 pm by The Account »

Cave Dweller

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »
I think you are mistaken. I am Augustus :) but okay.  I really like the story though. B)

Max Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »
Haaaa an interessant post! i have one answer: BBs.

In fact, like i have say 1 month ago, pistoleros will leave because bbs abuse. They leave.

Now ultra violence , the last team who fight against the cheat team, start to stop reloaded too, will probably move to fonline2.

That was sure, i know it would happened. THe most funny, is that bbs have fucked up the game, and play fonline2!

So yeah, you can wait that the server will be dead in max 2 months. No update, no Pve interessant, no new quests , no dungeons, Only little change who have no real effect in game.

I should rage because i love this server, but a server with no action is not interessant.

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 08:21:22 pm »
The problem is that fallout is a very old game.

Most of the player base are older people because it was in our childhood released we know about it.

Younger people don't really like this sort of game because they never experienced it before and don't read into how amazing the game is,
anyways best to start posting of forums, game sites,  Google,  YouTube so people see it and get interested

The Rock

• Do U smell what the Rock is cooking!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:42:12 pm »
The problem is that fallout is a very old game.

Most of the player base are older people because it was in our childhood released we know about it.

Younger people don't really like this sort of game because they never experienced it before and don't read into how amazing the game is,
anyways best to start posting of forums, game sites,  Google,  YouTube so people see it and get interested

Thats true... Fallout 1 was released 17 years ago. Most younger players rather play New Vegas, I dont blame them. But when u check Fo2 they dont look like they would complain about the lack of people...
Probably some new changes like dungeons in the near future will migrate people from other servers back here... Anyways i like it here and Im not going anywhere else  8)
PISTOLEROS ARE LIKE

Daryl

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:02 pm »
Me too I enjoy it, but it's also the reasons I said. With everyone making different servers it's just splitting up the fallout community,

And it is, people are getting older and can't play it lol it's a fact of life if we just post and forums and advertise more people might come here,

I personally think that the devs are doing a great job here and they are updateing, fallout 2 is very new people will get board and cone back here no need to panic.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 08:57:10 pm »
That's a nice theory and all, but I've tried to. All to often, they won't SHUT UP long enough to learn anything so you just...... quit trying. I mean really, just a week or so ago I tried leading a newb around, literally spoonfeeding him everything he needed to know to learn the game...... but his attitude was I was wasting HIS time. That's another thing about female players, they usually are willing to take the half-hour or so to learn the game.

I don't think the game is dying, I think it's not doing "as well" as it could be, but I'd guess one minor change would equal a major shift.... Fixing the fixboy.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

The Account

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »
I think you are mistaken. I am Augustus :) but okay.  I really like the story though. B)

Then, you sir kid*, have my apology for mixing you two up, but still... we helped you and your friend too.
And yeah, it's nice story. :)

That's a nice theory and all..

It's an imperative sentence. Not a theory.

...but I've tried to. All to often, they won't SHUT UP long enough to learn anything so you just...... quit trying.

Every noob I helped so far are still around, some of them has their own factions now, they are beginning to participate in forum talks, etc..
If they show interest in the help, help them. If they are bitching about your instructions,...   let their corpses rot in the wasteland!

That's another thing about female players...

Th- .. wh.. What? How does sexuality relates to this? Or has anything to do with the game?
I'm not female and I'm still learning how to play.
Or... does that make me a female?
Great.

Yeah guys, we all know about the game's childhood illnesses, (the FixBoy is a pretty good example) but if there are people who scare away 80-90% of the newcomers... the server is going to be defunct soon.

So, help those who are willing to learn, and beat the shit out of those who are having their fun messing with them!

At least tell them to not to trust anyone and direct them to the game's Wiki!

P.s.: Take a look at this!

* Modified after reading his PMs. I truly hope this will grow into a huge PM war!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:59:35 pm by The Account »

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• Supporter
  • stereotypical hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:19 pm »
In fact, like i have say 1 month ago, pistoleros will leave because bbs abuse. They leave.

And i told you thats not the case. Some left for other servers, some left for real life wage slavery.

We will come back if there will be some interesting new stuff to do. At the moment there is only reno / warehouse pvp, which is getting old, and TC, which was becoming too easy and/or no one showed up.

It seems to me the real life expectency of a session is ~6 months. At that point some major gang(s) have "won" that session (in this case Pistoleros).
Then the major gangs seek new challenges elsewhere, and there is a period of declining population. At this point the Nessies and NCR idlers have a chance in PvP and the future Pro's are born.

Then there is pre-wipe, renewed interest, wipe, new session, and so it goes until the coming of The One who will herald the destruction of BETA and bring balance to PvP.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:15 pm »
This session is getting long, it's more than 6 months since the launch so for those who play(played) it, the game gets old and boring.

Full server wipe is inevitable and this will come with changes that have a large impact on gameplay in some cases. We're not talking about any exact date as it's a long way to go for now, for sure it will be announced weeks or maybe even a month before it happens. We'll see.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 01:20:45 am »
That's a nice theory and all..
It's an imperative sentence. Not a theory.

Well when you chopped my comment in half to make it into whatever you wanted, it doesn't matter what I say....

I don't know...... when there are only ~200-300 players...... it's a lot of fun to..... blow........ the damn server.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

The Account

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 09:55:47 am »
Well when you chopped my comment in half to make it into whatever you wanted, it doesn't matter what I say....

Okay then, let's see....

That's a nice theory and all, but I've tried to. All to often, they won't SHUT UP long enough to learn anything so you just...... quit trying. I mean really, just a week or so ago I tried leading a newb around, literally spoonfeeding him everything he needed to know to learn the game...... but his attitude was I was wasting HIS time. That's another thing about female players, they usually are willing to take the half-hour or so to learn the game.

I don't think the game is dying, I think it's not doing "as well" as it could be, but I'd guess one minor change would equal a major shift.... Fixing the fixboy.

First: It's an imperative sentence. Not a theory.

Second: If you are dumb enough to try to help anyone who doesn't need your help, that's your problem.
I don't know what was your intention with that comment, but you still can't refute the effectiveness of my practice.

I don't know...... when there are only ~200-300 players...... it's a lot of fun to..... blow........ the damn server.

Well, that was creative at least. I like it, it made me smile! :)