Password:

Topic: Clear Skies  (Read 2753 times)

Raiden

• Clear Skies
    • View Profile
Clear Skies
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:46:19 am »

Who The F$@! Is Clear Skies?
Probably the question you're asking yourself right now. Even more so if you've played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and notice our rather subtle reference. We're a rather quiet group of players that look towards improving the general enjoyment of the game for all. That doesn't mean we'll let a guy in Combat Armor with a Big Gun or Combat Shotgun get close to us ominously, but we refuse to exploit those players in their times of weakness. If we're not on a reasonably fair playing field, we'll not exploit our advantage over a random player in a bad situation. So, with these attributes of introversion and cautiousness, we found ourselves rather resembling the Clear Sky faction of STALKER.

***To note, we are not a group that is elitist or ranked. A member of Clear Skies is just that. A member. Our roles are assigned by what we naturally do. We take pride in helping each other, not "rising in the ranks" as many groups do.(more below)***

Our Intentions
Now you might be a little confused about what was meant above, so let me spell it out for you.

• We do not kill players in encounters who are heavily wounded or obviously not equipped for PvP combat.
  • We do not hunt players down or make purposeful attempts to go after them.
  • We do gun down players with Combat Shotguns and up, as well as high end Energy/Big guns if it seems safer that way.
  • We will never grief other players in any purposeful manner (bursting in a quarry for resources, for example).
  • We will offer assistance to new players with good intentions and a willingness to learn.

What We Do

Right now we just stick together, avoid death, and level up while working on increasing our arsenal in preparation to move on to larger and larger rewards. Soon we hope to move onto dungeons, within the next week or two. Most of the time we use voice communications, TeamSpeak 3 and/or Skype. We don't claim to be the best or the smartest or the coolest, but I suppose we're here, so there's that. We're rather casual and laid back when it comes to losses and mistakes, everybody dies at least a few times before getting to level 24+, then it just happens less from there.

What We Look For

Alright, so you've either read up to here, or TL;DR'd half of it and skimmed the rest. Either way you got this far and you're probably wondering - or tired of reading my long-winded paragraphs - what we're looking for in people who want to join up.

I'll pretend you actually care to judge yourself and say that we're really not looking for anything other than the ability to get along with everyone. Meshing with the group is more important than anything. Ability, build, etc, all comes with time, experience, and guidance. Not to say we'll allow someone who is mediocre at games entirely, ignoring our advice, and simply shitty. However we'll be glad to take someone who's got a good heart and good intentions, even if they're not that great. Everybody can do something to help, heck, just being there to help out, however little, is appreciated. Our members support each other in what ways they can, and we try to have a good time.

Our Players

Below is a list of our players by the names we know each other by outside the game and/or on the forums. These will not always coincide with character names. Following their name will be their general role(s) within the group.

• Raiden - Leader/Burster
  • Rubber - Crafter
  • Neliel - Big Guns/Energy Weapons
  • John - Melee/Durability - Lockpicker/Sniper*
  • John's Lil B - Doctor/First Aid
  • Tyler - Inactive Dude
  • Reapah - Grunt
  • Marstruc - Sniper
  • Zee The Freeman - Chief Researcher
*A second character

***In our opinion, we do not believe ranks are necessary for a small group of players who get along. Pulling rank is something everyone can agree is unfair. Disagreements are settled internally in some manner where both parties are happy. In the case of an unruly player who does not have good cohesion with the group, they may be removed from the group entirely after a vote of the other players is conducted. Simple as that, Direct Democracy.***

Forum Art/Signatures

As per our title image, I've gone on to creating personal signatures for every member of the faction who desires one. This will be applicable for any new members as well. Below this post you can see a few of them, and I will link all of them directly below this.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:58:44 pm by Raiden »

RubberCurtain

• Hit 'im with the bat!
    • View Profile
Re: Clear Skies
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 04:03:07 am »
Assemble!

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:05:49 am »
Sounds cool man! Like i said earlier today to another new faction: it's good to see another new team!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:39:25 pm »
Sounds cool man! Like i said earlier today to another new faction: it's good to see another new team!
you should really stop adding them without asking them or do something already for that shit (Which i doubt nothing will happen)

yaay someone that knows STALKER :D

Raiden

• Clear Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »
you should really stop adding them without asking them or do something already for that shit (Which i doubt nothing will happen)

yaay someone that knows STALKER :D

STALKER is love, STALKER is life. Seriously. And Henry, I'll look into that link you posted, maybe we'll get into it a bit. Who knows.

Neliel

• Supporter
  • We didn't get shit!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 09:14:11 pm »
Watch out guyz! We're here to stop all evil! YOLOOO!

Sykozen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »
I'm a new player interested in your faction. How do I get in touch with you?

Raiden

• Clear Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 12:58:21 am »
I'm a new player interested in your faction. How do I get in touch with you?
Shoot me a message on the forums and we can talk that way, or send me a message on Steam. My profile name is Lt. Taylor if you have it.

Raiden

• Clear Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »
Been awhile since we've been on. We're juggling two or three games, but we're still on here and there. Not really recruiting too heavily, obviously, but if anyone is still interested or looking for a group of relaxed players, we're still here.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 08:44:22 am »
Clear Skies, B.E.T.A. would like to ask you to never shoot a BETA member if they happen to drop into an encounter even if armed for combat.

Simply yell at them to leave and they will do so promptly. If not feel free to fire.

B.E.T.A. is about PVE and Trading we mean no one any harm if they would mean us no harm as well.