April 28, 2024, 09:06:29 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Global game suggestions for a better tomorow  (Read 15305 times)

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Global game suggestions for a better tomorow
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »
Well thats interesting, i didnt see anybody with pancor yesterday and it was a shitloads of gunfights, why would you use pancor when lsw (not even talking about bozar) is better at everything ? The knockback is just riddiculous after the nerf its not dependable.

The snipers that died to sneaker just didnt have motion sensor and werent paying attention. Its the same way tanks could complain about snipers since they dont see them when they attack them, how is that an argument ? If you nerf sneakers then nobody will play them resulting in even more decreased player population on this server.

And yes i have the good build for pancor and it still does very low dmg when compared to other weapons, oh and i am not even talking about pve, pancor pve is just dead, you can go kill ghouls for 175 xp with pancor maybe, or molerat lol. 25 hex range for burst is really low and not useful since the gatlings do more dmg from more distance, so you wont even hit anybody with pancor.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:27:47 pm by carnack »

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 01:32:53 pm »
Actually i am not speaking about class balance, and for now i think it's not the main problem, the problem is the lack of thing to do, look my locker suggestion and fill small useless place with lockers, so small gang will be able to PVP in smaller place that big gang don't need (lamer gonna lame and swarm small guys just for free but....).

I don't think adding NPC and locker is hard to do and it can be done rly quick.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 01:54:08 pm »
Well thats interesting, i didnt see anybody with pancor yesterday and it was a shitloads of gunfights, why would you use pancor when lsw (not even talking about bozar) is better at everything ? The knockback is just riddiculous after the nerf its not dependable.
I love how people can't understand why their op stick is no longer op. Knockback is working just fine and if you wanna depend your win only on that than GG.
As for builds composition you should know that it depends greatly on town, numbers, attack/defend, strategy and so on. Believe it or not, people are still using pancors and they are still good in some cases but it's not all around weapon now like it used to be.
25 hex range for burst is really low and not useful
Somehow people are playing with gradate launchers that also got 25 hex range and it's ok.

But I think it's not a topic to discuss it more. If you feel the need to talk about it more write in old pancor thread or create your own suggestion about this gun.

The snipers that died to sneaker just didnt have motion sensor and werent paying attention. Its the same way tanks could complain about snipers since they dont see them when they attack them, how is that an argument ? If you nerf sneakers then nobody will play them resulting in even more decreased player population on this server.
Motion sensor will not help since even that weak pancor got better range than MS. What's more usual sniper can do shit if he is back-bursted by sneaker because usually damage is too high to survive 2 bursts even if you manage and have AP to use ss.

Again, there is separate topic about sneakers and shit like that.

I just wrote what OTHER PLAYERS I talked to said as the reason of them not playing anymore.
:facepalm

Kaaon

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »
TC :
i dont like this but i would like to see more TC windows, it brings one hour of almost intense pvp instead of some gangs taking empty cities during night

New PVP location for everyone :

we have NR and WH as pvp locations which are fine, maybe some small change would be good, to dungeons just add some loot to be worth it and some mobs or rework (rares, adv/uniqs, drugs, ss, rare ammo, implants)

*Militia :
i dont really care about militia, TC locker loot is enough reward for taking town

Companions :

i suggest to nerf companions (stats) and longer respawn (5mins for ex.)

Slaves :
should be completely removed, they are only used to abuse private mines or in pvp, there is not any normal use of them

Bank :
- No interests from banks ! Why ?
because they would destroy economy, mabye 0.1% per day without any annoying limit, its really almost nothing and would make bank useful

Wipe server and start new session
+1, i dont like sessions, whats the point of playing when you will loose all stuff every few moths.. but now is wipe really needed to make som big chances in private mines, single shots, ecnonomy which was destroyed by high interests, pve etc..

i also suggest to remove slaves digging after wipe because it destroyed whole pve and economy, game with private mines and slaves digging is just about trade runs and crafting and whole pve was not worth it, faster respawn of resources in private mines so mining manually would be worth it and increase resources from science to make PvE encounters worth to farm

and also 2 minimum ap per single shot, i think all those changes should be made together with wipe since private mines and slaves already destroyed all fun on server, everyone have milions of caps, rares, crafted items, pve not worth it.. so there is nothing to do

pvp balance looks fine except 1ap single shots in TB

edit : and one more suggestion which needs wipe, mojuk was already talking about it, limit hp and resist implant to 1 per character instead of 2 ! it makes really HUGE difference
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:59:49 pm by Seki »

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 05:47:07 pm »
I would add something, remove weapon bonuses. These magic buffs are annoying, and, again, make pve useless. Crafting 100 weapons and discarting 80 isnt good. Also, new people dont know how much good is having buffed weapons and armors.
Maybe (I dont care about this), bonuses could be added via crafting, Avenger + junk + hq metal parts = Avenger -ap, something that isnt random.

To make pve more useful, sciencing items should be buffed, and private mines should be removed (maybe, make a few more mines that are only accesible after quest or after playing caps to some Ncp, but meeting players there should be possible).

Sneak must be nerfed, slaves must be nerfed (give them some utility, but not in combat. Slaves mining is also OP), wipe is needed, and bank interest should be removed ( or should stay the same during the whole session )
Companions need a nerf (they should be worse than mercs...)

And about those lockers with low tier stuff... I think good players would also go there, not for the loot, just to kill players who are trying to get that. But I would give a chance to this.

Militia should be reworked, no more bluesuit with 10mm pistol exploiting it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:52:55 pm by Furior »

Kaaon

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 05:53:58 pm »
I would add something, remove weapon bonuses. These magic buffs are annoying, and, again, make pve useless. Crafting 100 weapons and discarting 80 isnt good. Also, new people dont know how much good is having buffed weapons and armors.
Maybe (I dont care about this), bonuses could be added via crafting, Avenger + junk + hq metal parts = Avenger -ap, something that isnt random.

To make pve more useful, sciencing items should be buffed, and private mines should be removed (maybe, make a few more mines that are only accesible after quest or after playing caps to some Ncp, but meeting players there should be possible).

Sneak must be nerfed, slaves must be nerfed (give them some utility, but not in combat. Slaves mining is also OP), wipe is needed, and bank interest should be removed ( or should stay the same during the whole session )
Companions need a nerf (they should be worse than mercs...)

And about those lockers with low tier stuff... I think good players would also go there, not for the loot, just to kill players who are trying to get that. But I would give a chance to this.

Militia should be reworked, no more bluesuit with 10mm pistol exploiting it.
+1+1+1+1
but wpn bonuses can stay, items will be worth and useful after removing/nerfing privatemines/slavesdigging cuz it will not be that easy to craft that much items

Max Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 05:59:22 pm »
Sneak nerf? omg no, with 300 sneak everyone see you at like 10 hex with 6 pe, sneak is shit on this session, and i dont speak about motions sensors! Sneak can not be good geared, so he need to sneak good. I think we should put a box in the 3 st level from ares, may be add more muties or better gear on muties, may be a boss =)  Box in reno is cool because before these box, no one was coming to reno and no fight, only tc. We need to give chance to little teams to loot some good stuf. Implants, power armors, and stuf like this should be removed from reno WH box, only good guns would spawn.  And in fact, like dsk say, we are losing players, i feel like end 2238... 1 month ago reno was full of action, now i see only noobs in bluesuits.. Like in all fonline, newbies arent staying.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 06:13:45 pm »
I would add something, remove weapon bonuses. These magic buffs are annoying, and, again, make pve useless.
Well, I slightly disagree. I like that every weapon has slightly different statistics thanks to bonuses.
But I thin that crafting SHOULDN'T be the only source of such weapons. Encounters and/or dungeon creatures should also leave some equipment with bonuses (for example, muties in Ares should leave avengers etc. with chance to have bonuses. But they need to be stronger and whole ares need rework)

i dont like sessions, whats the point of playing when you will loose all stuff every few moths.. but now is wipe really needed to make som big chances in private mines, single shots, ecnonomy which was destroyed by high interests, pve etc..
I agree. I also hate wipes. And I also agree that unfortunately wipe is needed here, BUT AFTER some big changes to the economy and gameplay (dungeons? More PvE etc.)

should be completely removed, they are only used to abuse private mines or in pvp, there is not any normal use of them
Well I agree, but people will just abuse bots and other stuff to get their shit easily. So botters will get HUGE advantage over normal players, as the latter won't be able to have slaves...

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 08:53:59 pm »
BUMP

In case anyone wants to add something, it's always good to throw in some ideas and feedback.

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »
Bump cause i think it will save server !

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »
New point :

Faction names independent of base, effectivelly rusher team can start TC something like 30min after a wipe, 10k is rly rly rly easy to gather, i think like on TLA faction names allowing to start TC should be much more expensive.

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »
I don't think we should remove slave mining. It is too easy to get a shitload of resources but completely removing an interesting feature is a step back. Someone once suggested that getting a mine could be done by using explosives in a cave, that would make the location visible for other players for some time. private mines could simply be more expensive or they could give less resources.

Bank should give interest, otherwise they are useless. Lets just make it really low. 0,1% daily sounds reasonable.

Guns and armors with bonuses are an awesome feature and should stay. maybe also make them available from looting npcs?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:04 pm »
New point :

Faction names independent of base, effectivelly rusher team can start TC something like 30min after a wipe, 10k is rly rly rly easy to gather, i think like on TLA faction names allowing to start TC should be much more expensive.

Pointless. Looks like you forgot that Town Control was enabled several days after server launch.

I don't think we should remove slave mining. It is too easy to get a shitload of resources but completely removing an interesting feature is a step back. Someone once suggested that getting a mine could be done by using explosives in a cave, that would make the location visible for other players for some time. private mines could simply be more expensive or they could give less resources.

Bank should give interest, otherwise they are useless. Lets just make it really low. 0,1% daily sounds reasonable.

Guns and armors with bonuses are an awesome feature and should stay. maybe also make them available from looting npcs?

Slave mining will not be removed, but limited via overweight. Manual gathering will be made a bit easier, though.

Bank interest is just a bad feature, because it gives profit for doing nothing. Doesn't matter if it's 10% or 1% or 0.001%, it will give huge profit to those who farm a lot of caps, while casual players will get nothing out of it. It's simply bad for game economy.

Item bonuses will stay.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »
Item bonuses will stay.

And add some max range bonus
Range + (random between 1 and 5) hex
having a 55 hexrange sniper rifle will make 12 PE build really better

Kaaon

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 11:51:35 pm »
better ? 5 range would be very OP.. i suggest max +3 to have same range as gauss rifle.. 55 range sniper rifle would be even better then gauss