April 19, 2024, 12:46:54 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Fonts  (Read 2224 times)

BB.

• View Profile
Fonts
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »
What I'm trying to do is to change the HP font, but it appears that base font for both HP and worldmap date is Numbers.fofnt/Numbers.png, so adding a new font named like that to a non-zipped font folder changes both (and I would like to keep date as it is). Can't find a code line which would enable to use exact font just for a piece of code that would work (like "IntHpPic=Numbers2.fofnt" or similar).

My other idea was to add new font, named Numbers2.fofnt, to faction.zip and change both Numbers.fofnt and Numbers2.fofnt text, but don't quite know how (changing code just make some signs disappear).

Anyone could help? :)

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
Re: Fonts
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »
You can't define what font to use for specific screen/element and you can't load new fonts using interface .ini files only. Even if you'll change scripts to load new fonts, it would be pointless becouse of the first problem. You're stuck with replacing files only; remember that client does not load everything in fonts/ - it looks for specific files~

I'd go with removing worldmap clock - if it doesn't ruin whole concept - so you don't have to worry about it. It's not a must-have after all, and player can always press "/" to get ingame time.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

BB.

• View Profile
Re: Fonts
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »
You can't define what font to use for specific screen/element and you can't load new fonts using interface .ini files only. Even if you'll change scripts to load new fonts, it would be pointless becouse of the first problem. You're stuck with replacing files only; remember that client does not load everything in fonts/ - it looks for specific files~
Too bad. So how are the fonts loaded ingame? I mean, there should be code lines in some file that define which fonts are used to particular tasks.

I'd go with removing worldmap clock - if it doesn't ruin whole concept - so you don't have to worry about it. It's not a must-have after all, and player can always press "/" to get ingame time.
Mhm, I was just wondering if can separate these two. The whole problem started with the idea of adding a date to an interface with already changed Numbers font. :)