April 29, 2024, 03:30:55 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Combat PvP/PvE  (Read 2313 times)

Oem

• View Profile
Combat PvP/PvE
« on: September 10, 2013, 04:45:27 pm »
Hello,
Im thinking of creating close combat bruiser character, but i don't want to waste my time at all. I didn't see single close combat user in game for now. I dont know how does it look like in mod, is it worth something like in F2(in-mod PvP)? or every single gun user will kill me before i can even get to him?
I'd like to see Your opinion about advantages of this way(if there are any). Is it balanced enough to give it a try? If yes, how would that build look like?
Thanks,
Oem.

Mutie

• View Profile
Re: Combat PvP/PvE
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »
When a guy with a gun meet the guy without gun, the guy without gun is dead.

vjekof

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:40:35 pm »
No it's not. I have guy with CLOSE COMBAT.

Combat Armor, Mega Power Fist, More critical, ST 10, AG 10, Action Boy x2, Tough, ...... whoever come close... i come closer and kill him in 1 or two hits.... all critical.
HELP ME REPAIR WIKI IT IS HERE FOR YOU NOT FOR ME, HELPING ME HELP YOURSELF!!!!

impsy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:44:52 pm »
i play a melee character as well with max stealth, makes it a bit easier to get up close and knock someone down til they die

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 12:59:24 am »
Melee fighters don't require a lot of stuff to work, but you have to realize that the usefulness of such characters in PvP falls off in larger fights. You might do well 1v1 if you use the terrain to your advantage and manage to surprise the other dude, but 2v2 you'll have to coordinate your efforts with your teammates to make an impact. What's more, you have literally no chasing potential, so unless you manage to keep your victim on the ground, he'll be able to escape. 3v3 and above, you're worth as much as the AP necessary to take you out, and that's assuming that your enemies won't be smart enough to target the people that can actually hurt them.

When it comes to PvE, a melee character is better than no character at all, but you'll have to waste action points on going from target to target, so you'll do less damage.

All things considered, the only real advantage of playing a melee character is the fact that you won't have to spend any resources to max him out. Oh, and when you actually do manage to kill a player in full combat gear, you'll feel like a master troll.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013