April 26, 2024, 08:47:02 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Expansion for slavery.  (Read 4026 times)

Altairp

• View Profile
Re: Expansion for slavery.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »
Even if it could be considered interesting and harcore enslaving actual players, I believe that it could just frustate people and force them to do something that they don't want to do. Realism is realism, but you have to think that there are humans behind those tiny characters, humans who would hate to follow another player around or simply be forced to be slaves for the rest of their lives.
(Unless they have some kind of strange fetish).

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 10:09:53 am »
My suggestion for actual slavery :

- Slaves are only able to use mele weapons or hth (prevent slaves NPC swarms), delete Moonshiners .
- Slave should be a definitive (because of tatoo) playable faction (all NPC faction should be able to start a TC timer as Enclave/BoS/Slavers/Raiders/VC/NCR).
- Slaver can take a private repeatable slaver quest (each 12h) possiblity to enslave a lvl 1 moonshiner if completed, this slaves are the only one able to use weapons (as actual mooshiners), so a full pack of 5~6 combats slaves@lvl 1 takes 3 days to gather.
- When slaves loyality to low, slaves attacks you if they have weapons (some of ur idea for slaves loyality are good like the idea to beat them).

Kaaon

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »
I dont like this idea as i dont like slaves, it also looks complicated

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 02:14:09 pm »
Even if it could be considered interesting and harcore enslaving actual players, I believe that it could just frustate people and force them to do something that they don't want to do. Realism is realism, but you have to think that there are humans behind those tiny characters, humans who would hate to follow another player around or simply be forced to be slaves for the rest of their lives.
(Unless they have some kind of strange fetish).

with my idea though it would only be a tracking collar though, the player would still have freedom to do anything they want, even attack their captor, or attempt to escape, the slaver would need to talk to them or intimidate the player to do what they want, they would have no actual control over the player just a tracker, there are plenty of angles this could be played, could ask a noob if they WANT to be your slave so you can find them any time u want and help them out, its just shitty idea anyways i always liked the idea of having a player slave :P my previous idea was kinda lame having 2 types of collar, thinking back could just be a tracking collar with a c4 inside it, and as long as the victim has max science or repair should be easy to escape, or just escape the captor run to NCR and be like PLEASE FREE ME IM SLAVE SOMEONE HELP it really wouldant be hard to escape (tracking collar wouldant work at respawn place naturally)

Edit: collar should have 3 settings, set to explode if they aint in the same place as you, set on remote or set to inactive, maybe a science check to deactivate the C4 and a repair check to get the thing off, just repair check without deactivating the collar would make it explode and kill, and when i say C4 i dont mean like actual C4, the explosion should be enough just to kill the slave, nobody around it, or it could be used for "terrorist" activitys, aint nobody likes c4 fags at NCR

another edit: if the collar is on inactive just repair check would be enough, the slave would not be aware of the collar settings though
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:22:20 pm by jamesfett »