April 23, 2024, 11:46:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Expansion for slavery.  (Read 4022 times)

Altairp

• View Profile
Expansion for slavery.
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:49:27 pm »
Hello all,

before I start, I'll have to say that I didn't really put any effort in searching for similar ideas, so, pardon me if someone else already proposed this.

If nobody did, then it's good. Here's what I thought about.

I personally find slavery entertaining, capturing bootleggers or families near Klamath is awesome, even more using them to mine resources (Or piss players off in guarded mines), sell them or simply use them as cannon fodder against your foes.
However, I believe that the slavery could use a small expansion, just to add a bit of change and entertainment to the thing.

Basically, like there are professions for crafting, add professions for slavery; some perks too. Something that you can easily buy from Metzger at Den, Vortis at NCR, Ashdown at raiders or the man who owns the serf allocation center in Vault City. My idea was to add more items to craft, things like armors, slave collars, better ropes, slave pens and much much more.

Something like this:

Profession: slaver [1]

Add items that can be crafted, such as:

-Chain/metal rope (allows the enslavement of more powerful critters, instead of the "scarce" amount available with the normal rope)

-Police baton (a simple melee weapon that you can use to knock your targets down, doesn't do too much damage)

-Cattle prod (instead of using Energy Expert [1], Slaver [1] could be a replacement)

-Fenced area for your base/safe house, an upgrade where you can "store" your slaves, letting your character own more than just two slaves. (Of course, the limit of slaves you can drag around will still be two).

And this fenced area could recieve upgrades to raise your slaves loyalty or simply lower the % lost everytime. (Things as beds, a tent, chairs, etc..)

-Fitted armours. It'll allow you to create armors for your slaves, making them change appearance and add some points to their DR/DT, maybe some others small enanchements to the slave.

Example:

A normal redhead slave, with just some clothes on:

can be upgraded with fitted leather clothes and estetically become this:

and with the second perk of Slavery you can create a fitted metal armor and have a more powerful slave:

while keeping her levels, HP and everything you already gave her, so you don't have to go around Klamath and capture trappers, instead you can simply upgrade the ones you already have.

To not forget, the ability to feed your slaves to gain a bit of loyalty, instead of using expensive Jet.

Profession: slaver [2]

-Slave collar, add metal, explosive collars to enslave even more powerful critters. Could be craftable with the second perk of demolition expert.

-Super Cattle prod (again, instead of Energy Expert this could be used).

-Generator, an upgrade for the upgrade, it'll add an elecrical generator to the fenced area and basically make a simple elecrical fence. It will require metal, energy cells and science skill, but it'll allow your character to store more slaves.

-Mesmetron, a small, expensive pistol that will make everything even easier. I know, it's a stupid idea and I'm throwing it in just because maybe I'm lucky and people will like it. Of course, I don't think that there's a need to explain what it does.

-Even more fitted armors , metal armors and things like that, to upgrade your slaves and make them take more punishment that they usually do.

Of course, the crafting list can be easily expanded anytime. I'm just writing what I thought about.

The perks

Support perks that can be bought like professions, or learned, from the most important slaver figures in the Core Region.

-Stockholm Syndrome. Your slaves love you! With this perk their loyalty will decrease half the rate/never go under a certain percentage.

-Master slaver. You can drag around one more slave without companions or mercenaries assisting you.

-Healthy slaves. Your slaves gain +20 HP under your control.

-Food is better than drugs! If not included in the "Profession: slavery" there could be a separate perk that allows you to feed your slaves with food instead of drugs, thus increasing a small percentage of their loyalty.

Training.

To increase their effectiveness in combat and make slaves even more useful, there could be the possiblity to pay one of the slavers leaders (or trained NPCs like doctors, merchants, small guns experts, big guns experts, etc..) caps to increase your slave's skills of a small percentage. Same thing could be done with books, or by yourself, if your skills are high enough.

To make things more complicated, you could teach profession to your slaves. It'd be helpful to have a slave doctor in your pen, or someone who can help barter, or a skilled outdoorsman that makes your character avoid bad encounters.

In the end, more quests, jobs or other things could be added to these ideas. This is what I thought about while playing the bad slaver in FOOnline, and I'd really like to hear comments or criticism about it.
There may be users disliking this because it'd make slaves too OP, I know, the basic idea of this whole suggestion thread is to make them more useful in battles and other fields instead of the simple "Dig resources/Sell them for caps/Use them as bullets sponge". There's nothing that can be done, really, often things become too OP just because that player makes them too OP. I don't know if I explained myself, but I'm going off the rail.

I'll probably edit the thread with more suggestions, incase something else comes up in my mind.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Expansion for slavery.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:19:34 am »
Well, as an anti-slavery I should hate it, but somehow I love it!
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

mrbrain30

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:25:34 am »
Yeah make slavery into a profession, maybe with different perks/craftables, but something like this.

Altairp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:44:54 pm »
Yeah, of course more can be added or what I proposed can be changed if other people have different ideas.

Strike

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:27:44 pm »
I don't like idea slavery as profession, instead I would like to see Slavers as working NPC faction.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:05:23 pm »
I don't like idea slavery as profession, instead I would like to see Slavers as working NPC faction.
go to FO2

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:22:37 pm »
Maybe I missed it, but with this profession will restrictions on # of slaves be loosened?

Altairp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:03:11 am »
My idea was to make slave pens into your base/house, an upgrade, allowing you to "store" your slaves.

The character limit of the slaves he can drag around and use would still be two (or more, depending on his perks/companions) but he could have more slaves ready for whatever he wants inside his pen. (Was thinking about five for the fenced area, two/three more if the character will upgrade it with elecricity).

And that's what happens with slaves, really. Unless they are being used for work, sold or whatever their master wants them to do, you can see them locked into pens in almost every fallout game, Den, Paradise Falls, Legion camps.. just to make some examples.

Justice

• no.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ci.anderson.ca.us/
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 08:54:29 am »
Slavery is wrong. -1 unless is bad crippled, like view on worldmap.
you can forgive, I not speak english. not very good.

Altairp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 01:35:04 pm »
Since this whole system could be abused to gather a powerful army of slaves, the loyalty system could be sightly modified. This idea was born from someone's comment who found stupid giving Rocket launchers to a slave because the slave would probably use it against his master.

Indeed, that's what realistically would happen, so, the slaver would have to gain loyalty, instead of having a slave already loyal after putting a chain around his neck. Something simple, nothing too complicated, to raise the slave loyalty and lowering the chance of him escaping or attacking the master.

-The slaver could give the slave during days/hours food. Slow but safe method to gain the captive's loyalty.

-The slaver could beat the slave. Medium and risky method, faster way to gain loyalty but something that could kill the slave.

-The slaver could give Jet to the slave. Faster method, however, there could be some cons in having a slave addicted to Jet, such as the risk of overdosing or having SPECIAL penalties, etc.. etc..

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:04:53 pm by Altairp »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 06:32:23 am »
Small problem..... So like what if you log out for a week and don't feed your bitches? Then what? Do they stay in the pens?

Oh, and ignore Justice. He's just a prude. :P

Altairp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 10:03:49 am »
Yes.

Even because with the current loyalty system, for every follower (I believe), the loyalty drops for a certain amount every seven days, so, you'd have time to return and feed the poor slaves (or beat the shit out of 'em again).

jamesfett

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:52:29 pm »

i think a mix up of both some how would be super epic, the melee weapons should remain craftable as they are, mesmatron maybe with slavery 2 and energy weps 2, should be a bad gun but if crit on head or eyes insta knock out ready for slave

maybe different types of coller and let them be fitted to players too, tracking collers with like energy weapons 2 and slavery 2 and they require a repair and science check, the player that has this fitted could use repair or science on themselves to get it off, they would need to beat the skill of the player that fitted it though, for example if the slaved player chooses to do a science check on it and they have a greater science than the player that fitted it they will pass the check, same for repair, if they have the same ammount of skill then maybe a luck check, naturally the coller would stay after death, and there should be an armour out there thats super rare that boosts repair and science by a tiny ammount, making it difficult for a player to escape ever >:D unless they have max skill and know someone with same suit, naturally slaving players in such a rare suit would be risky as hell anyways and finally add an element worse than death to the game

also if it was a made like a faction, there should be a bounty hunter faction! where they could take slavers alive and prison them for a maybe a few hours in game and all their slaves are auto free, so there could be real villans and real heros, slavers could even be hired to slave a player you really hate, and bounty hunters could hunt down the worst kinds of slavers, all real people :D

slaving players companions should be an option too, and getting the ability to make them your companions with a hard to attain support perk, maybe some tough requirements and a quest, make the perk the reward, without the perk they remain a regular slave and once killled they stay dead

also the idea to give them food is nice, but any drug would be cool, maybe if they started on food and beer and if u give them drugs after a while they will learn to "appreciate" the drugs more :)

really think there is loads of fun elements to slavery, whatever can be done would be an improvement there aint much content for slavers and i think they are cool :D

Edit: also there could be a prison system that catches more than just slavers, there could be loads of different situations a prison could be fun as fuck, and maybe even make them stuff to do in jail, like clear out the sewers in the prison with melee and shit or learn new skills in prison like how to make a shiv and do prison stuff, maybe if they do some mining they could get some time off their sentance, maybe make the prison a TC place and the owner gets the ores mined by the prisoners, and can set people free or add time onto their sentances (there would be a limit though) and it should be possible, however difficult, to escape

sorry for huge post xD
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:59:24 pm by jamesfett »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:23 am »
Uh, not a fan of the enslaving PC's idea... If I wanted that, I'd go back to half-life. Better blowjob options, too.

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 01:49:40 am »
sounds sick slavery atm is boring and dull +1