April 19, 2024, 09:20:01 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: AC what is is good for?  (Read 1888 times)

• View Profile
AC what is is good for?
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:56:07 pm »
Absolutely nothing?

To get the max out of dodging one would need 10 Agi, Livewire, Dodger, Dodger+, HtH Evade or Kamikaze and probably Jinxed to make others pay for missing you. In Your Face! would be a good supplement, and that leaves you with 3 perks so you can't even take all the Bonus HtH [something] perks (you're stuck with hth if you want to have max AC, right?)

What good is 140 AC? Let's see...
With 180% weapon skill  you have 95% hit chance at 45 hex
With 6 PE you get +16% or +32% hit chance
With 10 PE +64% or +128%
With Sharpshooter +8%
Most ammo types have -AC mods
Many gun are accurate thats +20%
...so when at 40hex, and being shot by a sniper with a hunting rifle you will be hit 95% of the time. If the sniper has ~230% skill he can even shoot you in the eye at 95% from max range.

It doesn't get much better with different weapons. A Minigunner will not shoot you from 40 hex, he'll just wait for you to come to 14 hex where we will both do more damage and have 95% hit chance. With a shotgun you will be knocked back

And the worst part is you only get this useless bonus when you are moving, once you stop to attack it's all gone!

Am I missing something or is this the most expensive and most useless thing to choose? Is someone playing a dodger? Is reality as bad as theory? 

I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: AC what is is good for?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »
AC will be reworked just wait for it.

Xeen

Re: AC what is is good for?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:09:47 pm »
You would be surprised, but it actually works..to some extend of course. It is best used with combination: in your face, jinxed, high critical chance melee build. The idea is, simply, to get close to the target while not being hit, then iyf kicks in and if you didnt die or got 1hexed there is a possibility you could kill the target. (or just cripple)
But mostly its just for the lulz in hinkley to see others critically miss and drop/explode their weapons