April 25, 2024, 12:46:34 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Crafting and Decrafting  (Read 2144 times)

Caligula

• View Profile
Crafting and Decrafting
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:22:21 pm »
Im sure its been brought up before, but an easier method for crafting multiple items would be greatly appreciated. Considering the fact that now, unlike 2238, there isnt a limit on how much a player can craft, and there not being a cooldown period. Constantly clicking the item to craft, clicking craft and clicking done, then repeating, is aggravating. Add a repeat action button. The same goes for decrafting as well. For decrafting, I propose that every base has a special bin, which can be crafted and placed anywhere. The bin is then filled with the random crap that is broken down into resources. 1 click, BOOM, all broken down. Right click, scrolldown, open skills, select science, repeat. Its time consuming and boring. One stop, drop and chop would speed things along and remove the bottle necking created by this slow process.

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting and Decrafting
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:46:07 pm »
Im sure its been brought up before, but an easier method for crafting multiple items would be greatly appreciated.  Constantly clicking the item to craft, clicking craft and clicking done, then repeating, is aggravating

If you use a Macro program like TinyTask(I use this and it works perfect) you can sit back and the computer does all the work for you. I would however like it if they added in more recipes to craft say 50 or 100 Metal/Good Metal/Gunpowder/Advance Gunpowder As well as a new recipe to craft 25 or 50 Alloys/HQ Alloys at the same time, just for time consumption purposes. The macro program does make it faster since you don't need to sit there while it crafts but making the ability to craft more at once would save time so you can get back out into the wasteland more quickly.

The same goes for decrafting as well. For decrafting, I propose that every base has a special bin, which can be crafted and placed anywhere. The bin is then filled with the random crap that is broken down into resources. 1 click, BOOM, all broken down.

The only problem with a decrafting bin would be they would have to figure out a way for it to factor in the Dismantler support perk if a player has taken it.

Part Man, Part Machine

Playstation ID: Gavared

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:05:58 am »
Im sure its been brought up before, but an easier method for crafting multiple items would be greatly appreciated
It has, and it would.
Kilgore is looking into it, and gas asked for specific suggestions in another thread. Search and you shall find.

Being able to science multiple items at once IS a great idea. Not sure if that has been suggested before, but it probably has.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:04 am »
The only problem with a decrafting bin would be they would have to figure out a way for it to factor in the Dismantler support perk if a player has taken it.
It's simple; Fast or thorough. But if you use the machine, you get to choose WHICH resource you recover.
Me, I need fibers, not gecko pelts. I've got over a thousand of the damned things lying around. But I've only got a few dozen fibers. What's up with THAT shit?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:01:34 am »
It's simple; Fast or thorough. But if you use the machine, you get to choose WHICH resource you recover.
Me, I need fibers, not gecko pelts. I've got over a thousand of the damned things lying around. But I've only got a few dozen fibers. What's up with THAT shit?
But by taking away the randomness of what resource you receive from deconstruction, it would hurt the trade/sales of items.   People would probably break down every piece of equipment that didn't have the best stats (Like -AP and such) since they would definitely get the hardest material it took to craft it. Like say you broke down a piece of Combat Armor(needs 4 HQ Alloy, 1 Metal parts, 1 Fiber to craft) if I was to break that down I would definitely choose the 1-2(guessing quantity would be randomized)HQ Alloy over the 1 fiber because it takes more of the Alloy to craft than it does Fiber and the faster I got the Alloys the faster I could craft a new piece.

Part Man, Part Machine

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 06:05:17 am »
I tear down leather jackets and leather armor all the time. I get pelts by the thousands (silvers, anyways). Can't seem to get ANY fibers.
I need fibers. BADLY.

Gavared

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 06:31:52 am »
I tear down leather jackets and leather armor all the time. I get pelts by the thousands (silvers, anyways). Can't seem to get ANY fibers.
I need fibers. BADLY.
I think its all the luck of the draw because I was locker hunting for like an hour and had a stack of like 30-40 leather hats/jackets and broke them all down and got like 8-15 (forget the exact quantity but it was somewhere in that range) fibers from them. I have the Dismantler support perk and 125 Science, I'm sure you probably have around the same but If not that may be why you do not get as many fibers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:48:26 am by Gavared »

Part Man, Part Machine

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 07:50:05 am »
I need fibers. BADLY.
Want fibers for pelts?

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 07:19:58 pm »
I think its all the luck of the draw because I was locker hunting for like an hour and had a stack of like 30-40 leather hats/jackets and broke them all down and got like 8-15 (forget the exact quantity but it was somewhere in that range) fibers from them. I have the Dismantler support perk and 125 Science, I'm sure you probably have around the same but If not that may be why you do not get as many fibers.
150, actually. I've actually gotten three pelts out of one jacket a couple times.