April 20, 2024, 04:17:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Wastelander Alliance  (Read 17870 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Wastelander Alliance
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 01:33:45 am »
To the pessimists: Boring!

To all others: Who is alive and kicking? Who wants to do some serious fighting? Anybody alive out there?

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 01:39:14 am »
It's pretty clear that the other factions HATE the idea if more competition.
Seems like they may feel a little bit threatened that all the small crews might get together and go up against them.

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 01:39:28 am »
Sign me up!

I can set up a dedicated forum on my website, plus a dedicated IRC channel would be a good start.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 02:44:24 am »
With a shit load of motivation you can do it, anyone can make it with motivation and devotion in fact.

I wish you luck and hope to see you success!

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 08:05:29 am »
How is this supposed to work ? Like trying to town control with lvl 1 or what ? Or lvl 1 starting town control and friendly factions shooting bbs and pistoleros ?

Daryl

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 08:15:28 am »
He said in beginning make 1 PvP alt,  then add it to base then fight

Yea same as le Mark,  I wish you luck hope it works out for you

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 09:21:57 am »
How is this supposed to work ? Like trying to town control with lvl 1 or what ? Or lvl 1 starting town control and friendly factions shooting bbs and pistoleros ?

For christ sake, read again. Not level 1 characters, but ONE characters from each faction or person.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:31 am »
If you really manage to put all these factions together for one common goal = TC then you might end up having good numbers and theoretically be able to use the power of swarm, tell everyone to make a 286 hp rocket launcher character and once you gather 15+, you just go take a town, gg.

...every player associated with any of these teams could level 1 PvP fighter each, join that 1 fighter to a single common base, and the whole group fights as a single unified team to do Town Control.
This sounds simple, though in reality it's near to impossible to enforce. Many will do everything they can to remain in their old factions (for some stupid reasons) and refuse to join one common base, which will cause even further mess and drama.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 11:57:41 am »
You will have to deal with people looting during battles, noobs doing rambo, noobs scared of losing their gear, people who doesnt understand english, noobs with shitty builds (they wont make proper ones), noobs who dont want to learn, players who dont want to use ts or mumble, etc..., that is my own experience. Good luck but you wont get anything, sadly.

Colonel Mob

• Supporter
  • Incredible Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 03:10:17 pm »
That's why you don't hire everyone who wants to join your faction. As harsh as it sounds, we'll just have to reject the misfits and fire the complete morons.

tl;dr get rid of stupid faction members, get jesse to shoot them and melt them in a barrel of acid and then have breakfast with Walt Jr.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:15:45 pm by Colonel Mob »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »
Nobody has to leave any faction to do this. Stay in your factions, for crying out loud. You love your existing factions, their function, name, and role-play background. I do too. Don't leave.

This idea is about registering a new character dedicated for one purpose: PvP. So only that one new fighter would do this. All those existing factions would remain active and having fun.

I improved the original wording so there should be no more confusion about "using a level 1 fighter in TC" (which I think is impossible anyway). Again, i meant only level up a single fighter (to at least level 24) that is dedicated for this cause. (Btw yes, that fighter needs to be a drug build, carefully planned to use a certain primary weapon. Get help planning him if you need it. Check Kelin's advice below: 280+ hit points, uses rocket launchers.)

Ironing out the details of approach should always be on a team's checklist. We need a synchronous attitude about losing gear, holding formation, recovering loot, using voice chat...all that has to be clearly communicated and practiced. Already in the plan:

1) In my opinion, it should be standard procedure that every player in this game have a safe place near Modoc, Gecko, Redding, BHills, Den, Reno, and Klamath. Stack gear at each place, plus ammo and drugs. This makes your WAlli fighter ready for all Town Control ops.

2) Assume we're going to lose a lot at first since it's a logical assumption. (We're up against seasoned veterans.) By not getting our hopes so high, we're not so disappointed with bumps as we start.

3) Train a lot first at Hinkley for free. You never lose gear at Hinkley even when your team loses! You just start again and keep climbing the learning curve.

4) Voice chat is a must. Mics are cheap so get one. There is no time in live PvP to type. You type, you die. Turn your cell phone volume off, turn the music down, sober up a little maybe, and tune in on voice chat to hear orders from the op leader. Or we die.

5) Stay calm, stay cool. Getting mad is just out. Getting too hyper during battle is a major ingredient for loss. So stay sharp, but remain calm and in formation. Stick with the team - don't go rogue rambo chasing someone unless the op commander orders the whole team to go there. Listen to instructions moment-to-moment.

6) Die in battle? It's part of the fight, so don't get mad - just run back from respawn, get geared back up nearby, and jump back in when you get the order.

7) See a buddy die? Grab his gear and keep fighting. He should be re-gearing nearby because we all keep multiple sets of gear ready near an op location.

7+1) Were we totally defeated? Time for a team meeting. What did we do wrong? Say it, man. What can we do next time for better outcome? Maybe we need to train more at Hinkley. I bet we do since the other team is there now after beating us lol.

9) We're done with an op and someone is asking about his gear. Find it and give it back. If you don't get your gear back, you need to not care much about that. Losing gear is the cost of PvP. PvP is expensive; we use drugs, we have to replace lost gear which takes time in between ops, and well i guess that's it - maybe not so expensive after all eh? The thrill is worth more than all of these pixels combined.

What else you got?

Daryl

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 06:37:52 pm »
Kelin from experience Power of swarm sometimes is nothing if guys have shitty builds bad leadership it's easy to wipe out.

But maybe Henry give it a try and pm the leaders of these factions and come to a agreement, it's no harm in giving it a try

And to be honest be great to fight another faction
goodluck dudes

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 08:28:24 pm »
can't wait to grief you in pvp.

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:14 am »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R