April 23, 2024, 05:57:42 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Wastelander Alliance  (Read 17875 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Wastelander Alliance
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »
What I see when I look at the list below is numerous players, who each have founded their own faction over the last several months. I see a lot of PvE fun, and clearly some fun role-play stuff. I also see these players, plus their member friends, who when combined all together could form a good-sized PvP team. With training, a team worthy of Town Control victories.

Please consider the list of newly-formed factions. I'd love to know the current status of each of these:

20 Dec 2014: The Four Horseman, PhatDog
14 Dec 2014: Reilly's Rangers, Reilly
?? Sep? 2014: Young Rugged Sprits, Wanderer
?? Aug? 2014: Bloody Dooms, Blix acting functional leader
05 Aug 2014: Shotgun Blast Gang, Swisher OF 300
22 July 2014: Barracudas, General Oliver (on TeamSpeak! Hurray!)
21 July 2014: The Machine Cult, Macaroth
27 June 2014: Poor Mongols
23 June 2014: Children of Gear, RunningCrane and Daemyn Sterk
22 June 2014: Wasteland Storms, Piotreq
15 May 2014: The Gloomy Amazons
02 May 2014: The Wasteland Sharpshooters, mrkingcasey
30 Apr 2014: The Metal Thugs, dskpnk
16 Apr 2014: B.E.T.A, BETA HQ
09 Apr 2014: Staan Protects, Soyu3nik
05 Apr 2014: Nuka Rangers, ??
04 Apr 2014: Black Steel Brotherhood, Houruck
03 Apr 2014: The Shadows Hunters, Cooper
02 Apr 2014: The Black Hearts, Corax, remek, Darksider, Kudlaty
31 Mar 2014: The Charlemagnes, [names needed]
09 Mar 2014: -name to be determined-, Wayas2, Loowoo, Long John
01 Mar 2014: Clear Skies, Raiden
01 Mar 2014: The Free Cards, MotherHydra, Krakoise, Hexagon, Silverclaw
28 Feb 2014: The Black Hearts, Corax and Celard and remek1983
22 Feb 2014: The Suicidal Assault Team, viral killer, Darrell and Heron Therapist
15 Feb 2014: The Metal Club, Hordkall
14 Feb 2014: The Brahmin Eaters, Foxxy Love
11 Feb 2014: The Men Of Their Words, nickcc4
09 Feb 2014: The Chopstick Triad, chenzo and VesperCore
22 Jan 2014: The Desert Striders, Zormad, Begs
14 Jan 2014: 9 Ghouls, ranother (merged into Ultra Violence)
14 Jan 2014: The Payday Crew, TotalAaron
13 Jan 2014: Strickland Propane Workers, Colonel Mob
10 Jan 2014: Wasteland Water Thieves, Tjanos
10 Jan 2014: New Reno Dealers, DraXaly
24 Dec 2013: The Ultra Violence, Margaux
20 Dec 2013: Desert Drifters, Letoo
12 Dec 2013: The Iron Fists, Jugulator
28 Nov 2013: Raiders Elite, ordinarygamer
16 Nov 2013: The Crazy Barbarians, juniorkm7
13 Nov 2013: Max Deal Syndicate, Skrzeku
09 Nov 2013: The Outcasts, Rtelrunia
05 Nov 2013: Wasteland Marauders, c_hieter
05 Nov 2013: Soldiers of The New World, Marshu
13 Oct 2013: The Big Army, 08eizo
08 Oct 2013: The Boneyard Criminals, Dengar
30 Sep 2013: The Children of War, now operating as Devils Reject Pariahs, DemonHunter666
26 Sep 2013: Hungry Hippos, Shish
25 Sep 2013: The Reactor Jumpers, gh0un
24 Sep 2013: Backstreet Boys, playb0y
21 Sep 2013: Blood Lust Raiders, Bloodlust raider
07 Sep 2013: The Little Shits, kaincallavis
05 Sep 2013: Free Miners Federation, ApocaRUFF

These are just the ones I found with official announcements on the forum. There are more, like the Thieves Den (Wormsign)-no interest in TC, REPO (BR?), Vegan Cannibals (Nefastus-retiring), etc.

Naturally, an idea is produced from this trend; keep building your factions and doing whatever it is you enjoy doing in this game, but...every player associated with any of these teams could level a single PvP fighter each, join that 1 fighter to a single common base, and the whole group fights as a single unified team to do Town Control.

As I see it, such an alliance plan is the only viable way to get a "new TC gang" going. Otherwise, we just continue on the same slow course, with new factions springing up, recruiting a few people, then fading out, or at least stagnating to a point where we realize a limit, a limit short of strong PvP requirements.

WAlli (Wastelander Alliance).  Just think about it, you faction leaders and all other new players. Combined we could be strong. Start taking towns now, while some players are messing with *ahem* that other server, and guess what happens next: the big teams come back to reclaim their Reloaded territory and then we have a game loaded with new action. What say ye?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:46:47 am by Henry »

Daryl

Re: Wastelander Alliance
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:47:31 pm »
Back sstreet boys are the pistoleros along side with hawks
it's not the PvP that has moved players there's they just simple enjoy fo2 more

I personally don't like fo2 and prefer this. No one is interested in town control because lockers in Reno and warehouse give better loot and PvP is more enjoyable on these maps because there smaller fights and everyone has a chance
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:51:04 pm by Daryl »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:58:38 pm »
Okay thanks for the info. Updated.

None of this changes the alliance idea though. Nobody would have to leave any faction. It only means getting 1 fighter character dedicated to the alliance team, for PvP wherever. I say TC because winners show up in Pip-Boy, which is fun bragging rights for new players. But yeah, Warehouse or Reno or Hinkley or wherever.

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:39 pm »
how does it work with lvl 1 character ?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »
I'm not sure i understand what you are asking, but do you mean "how does a brand new player who is at level 1 on their very first character get to participate"?

If that's what you mean, then they need to play a bit anyway, right? To learn the basics. So let them play as they will, do the quests, play PvE, find friends, join factions (hopefully in the alliance) whatever...but when they are ready to level a PvP fighter build to join to the alliance team, then great - that's one more guy in WAlli. I don't see any problem.

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:36 am »
I'll be a Walli, no problem.

I think carnakc was misreading this part:
every player associated with any of these teams could level 1 PvP fighter each

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 03:30:23 pm »
Ohhhh! Sorry I missed that. So...

"...but...every player associated with any of these teams could level 1 PvP fighter each, join that 1 fighter to a single common base, and the whole group fights as a single unified team to do Town Control."

...means these players could register a single PvP fighter character (with a proper build), level him up as needed, and then fight with the team.

Thanks for catching that.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 05:01:27 pm »
I like the sound of it. This way, maybe someone could rival BBS

Daryl

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:24:13 pm »
This won't work, 

Pistoleros is a large faction just like bbs at the moment fights are 50 50 between them win some lose some, but yes bbs are a good and brilliant faction,

This alliance won't work, simply because in factions there are many personalitys, people will argue, also there will be to many leaders of this alliance and people have there own sightings styles and such and it will just fail due to people arguing and blaming the other faction for doing wrong,

also PvP requires voice control a server would ve needed and alot of thEm factions are mostly crafters and people who don't like PvP and are new to it,

Once you lose a couple of fights the alliance will just fade away

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »
Are you saying that all of the personalities in BBS are identical to each other and they never argue? lol
Those teams have arguments too and they keep fighting as a team. And so can any team.

Too Many Leaders?
Hey good point, but it's not an issue because: whenever we do an op, there is a designated op leader. Whoever it is, he's the leader for that operation. Next op, maybe a different op leader.

Also I should point out that the alliance does not need an "Alliance Leader". It's just not needed. Keep it simple.

Voice Chat
Yes, we'd need this. No mic? Okay but don't tell me you don't have sound. Voice chat is how the big gangs do it - there is no time to type during PvP and an effective team needs immediate, moment-to-moment commands heard clearly by everyone so they move as a single fighting force in unison.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:30 pm »
Are you saying that all of the personalities in BBS are identical to each other and they never argue? lol
Those teams have arguments too and they keep fighting as a team. And so can any team.

Too Many Leaders?
Hey good point, but it's not an issue because: whenever we do an op, there is a designated op leader. Whoever it is, he's the leader for that operation. Next op, maybe a different op leader.

Also I should point out that the alliance does not need an "Alliance Leader". It's just not needed. Keep it simple.

Voice Chat
Yes, we'd need this. No mic? Okay but don't tell me you don't have sound. Voice chat is how the big gangs do it - there is no time to type during PvP and an effective team needs immediate, moment-to-moment commands heard clearly by everyone so they move as a single fighting force in unison.

This is exactly right. I think it would work if everyone agreed to it.

Daryl

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:57:56 pm »
Sorry to burst your bubble but every faction needs a leader that why when people argue the leader steps in and sorts it out and stop chaos,

Yea ok people argue in factions totally agree but there in the same faction, people who argue in alllainces tend to say fuck this break the alliance, to many factions in one team is bad.

And voice is needed because typing in-game can make u lose, every faction needs a leader aswell
And if you read what I wrote I didn't say about not having Mic or sound so not sure what u are trying to say.

But look try it,  goodluck

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »
Thanks but we won't need any of that kind of luck. Already have plenty of leaders - all that's needed is an operation leader, per op. And there is no bubble to burst either because i am not imposing any expectations on this. If it works, great, but if none of these players have any interest in any PvP at all, then I was simply talking to the wrong crowd.

I however remain hopeful that gradually people wake up to the trend that is made more visible by listing all those startup factions and their announcement dates in my opening post. The trend is they start up with good intentions, they have some activity, then they stagnate and end up fading away. Combine those people though, and we might have something.

Some Deeper Facts
"Every faction needs a leader" is quite wrong. The reason factions fail is usually due to bad leaders. What every faction needs is a presence of capable members, any one of which could lead a team operation. As soon as you become dependent on a single leader, your fall begins. It takes a while but it happens unless that leader backs off and allows the team's success to ride upon the waves of member motivation. Tyrants kill teams. Lazy members depend too much on tyrants. You cannot drive success into a team. Success must come from within that team, and the best "leaders" know that and are good at facilitating member motivation. It means a leader is best seen as a servant to the team, easily replaceable by the next guy who can talk right, think straight, and communicate well.

I would also suggest that if someone is opposed to combining people to form a team, it's because they are a saboteur, hoping either for less competition or that the game fails overall. For there can be nothing better for this game than more players teaming up and getting serious about team operations, PvP and Town Control. Try all you want to burst my "bubble" but you can't.

To all others: c'mon, let's get these new factions teamed up and energized. Are you a faction leader? Have you contacted any other faction leaders?

Daryl

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:42 pm »
I'll be happy for you to make this team :) good luck but if was you I would of sent the leaders of these gangs pms

If you don't like comments from players who have eexperience you should not post a thread,

Anyways good luck with what u are ttrying to so

But I predict one big mess

Desert drifters are good friends with pistoleros and both factions respect each other's

Same with margaux team pistoleros have agreements with them
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:43:12 pm by Daryl »

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 12:28:29 am »
First make team use voice comunicator and push hybrids noobs to tc :) totally random players running around without any idea what to do how to move and cooperate. After few fails you will loose 50% of people and others will start rage and blame you for bad leading and having noobs in team. I created pistoleros and trust me I had good pvp core and leading experience and you will fail. You will be shooting target for bbs and pistoleros
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:32:17 am by jacky »