April 18, 2024, 03:58:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline is harder than Eve online  (Read 4779 times)

OskaRus

• View Profile
FOnline is harder than Eve online
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:13 pm »
Just statement to incite flamewar. I still play Eve I try FOnline from time to time and stop always after a week.

IMHO it is due to inexistence of market. In Eve eve the noobest noob can mine low tier ore and sell it to other players and for earned money they can buy any gear in game. So one player have to master only one activity and can have for them every kind of stuff.

In FOnline if player need some stuff he have to master a way of ingame obtaining it he cant buy it or sell his low quality metal parts. So every player ave to master all the activities in FOnline eve though there are far lesser number of them than in Eve.

Question is: does really FOnline want to have more players? I think not. Devs don get payed for more players or anything only more server load so they actually might be satisfied with current playerbase without need to extend it.

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
Re: FOnline is harder than Eve online
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:45:26 pm »
Well in FO you don't have any stable market, and there is no incentive for it, unfortunately.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »
FOnline is harder than Eve online
So? So what?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Strike

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:17:39 pm »
FOnline isn't made for everyone to play, it is hard. I think Reloaded has pretty many players already, and more coming one by one.

If you get everything on silver plate, what does game offer to you?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:51:56 pm by Strike »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:24 pm »
Devs don get payed for more players or anything....

Uh, the devs don't get payed period. This is a project they work on in their free time... They do this for fun and use our donations to keep the server running. Stop whining and go play Eve.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:45:40 am by Gimper »

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:49:58 pm »
Where was anyone whining?

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 01:22:35 am »
Well I made 200,000 caps trading low quality metal parts and fibers, so what you suggest is possible, its just that you need to wait for an opportunity to open up.
Most people are happy to mine their own mats.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 02:47:25 am »
Just statement to incite flamewar.

Where was anyone whining?

No one was whining  ;) I'm only inciting flamewars.

OskaRus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:59 pm »
To incite better flamewar i have to say that FOnline top PvP is laughable against the one in Eve but yet it is much harder to start. So in FOnline start is the hardest part and there is no challenge in endgame. Thats prolly why there is always those 100 players online who mastered gathering all kinds of stuff but no new are joining.

its just that you need to wait for an opportunity to open up.
Thats exactly the problem. You have to wait for someone online to buy it. You cant sell 10 metal parts for 150 caps and buy your first tent for it.

Uh, the devs don't get payed period. This is a project they work on in their free time... They do this for fun and use our donations to keep the server running. Stop whining and go play Eve.
Thats what I was saying. My question was wether the definition of fun for Kilgore (which is their only motivation to keep this project up) is having 100 players online in toptime hiding in their base or introducing fonline to general public or something between....
And yes i am returning to Eve just whining here is fun too.

Wormsign

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 12:15:27 am »
I love EvE Online! In my opinion FOnline is a much easier game to play.

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 08:05:23 am »
U can trade ur low metal part some trader buy ressources, + you can place auction on the form !

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 10:48:36 am »
Didn't play eve, but if that its true then eve is freaking carebear game

VesperCore

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 03:34:33 am »
I see two main issues which do fonline game really hard for new players.

1) step by step principle

At the beginning, new players start to interract with strong (or high count)mobs and high lvl players that already have 300% steal, sneak, guns. And PK's just killing bluesuits for fun. Not all players want waste much time on farming or crafting to being looted by high lvl's and killed. The probability of being killed at encounters is very high. New players need to start collect loot again and again, thats annoying thing. And start cities like Hub need more opportunities 4 newbies, or maybe it is need to be a safe place like barter grounds with quest npc's at beginning. High lvl's and low lvl's must be interract at minimum at the beginning.

2) In game communication

There is no opportunities to interact newbies with each other, as said, there is too much high lvl PK's and trolls who disturbing communications in safe cities. Also language barriers, that can be solved by party search systems and global chats.
All communications are on forum, irc but not in game.

Coz I'm not saying that game must be easer for all. But it has to be more easer for newbies and steb by step harder than.

As 4 me, these things make game more attractive for newbies, but maybe less for old players  :D

-- http://peacekeepersquad.freeforums.net --

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:19 am »
Kilgore has said the Hub will become a safe town.

VesperCore

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:02 am »
Kilgore has said the Hub will become a safe town.

Thats a really good news  :)

-- http://peacekeepersquad.freeforums.net --