April 28, 2024, 09:40:27 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Mechanics] One Hander  (Read 4511 times)

Mars Sultan

• View Profile
[Mechanics] One Hander
« on: September 08, 2013, 09:29:02 pm »
I am aware that the Fast Shot trait gives you a "hidden" bonus of +5 to total damage per attack. Likewise, Heavy Handed gives you a "hidden" +2 to damage with unarmed attacks. However, in the same conditional this piece of code remains:

Code: [Select]
  if(attack.Attacker.Trait[TRAIT_ONE_HANDER] != 0 && (!valid(realWeapon) || FLAG(realWeapon.Flags, ITEM_TWO_HANDS)))
            totalDmg += 5;

It appears what this was aiming for was for one handed weapons to give another "hidden" +5 bonus to damage per attack - but the condition suggests the opposite. For example, I rolled a character with both Fast Shot and One Hander with the intention of making a one-handed gunslinger, but when I used the BB gun against the rats in the tent quest, I was doing an abnormally high amount of damage. Later I confirmed this on a bluesuit with no toughness perks that the BB gun with a base damage of 8-13 and no ammo modifiers was doing 18-23 damage purely from the two traits. The -40% accuracy hit was still in place.

TL;DR, the +5 damage bonus intended for One Hander users applies to two-handed weapons only, and this strikes me as a bug. Might I suggest a strategically placed exclamation point?

laryfan78

• git r dun!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [Mechanics] One Hander
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:00:54 pm »
huh?> whatr u tryin 2 say brother? these boys no what theyre doin man this is a fine game and id aprieciatie it if u didnt go around sayin stuff 2 slander them just becuz you thank ur funny and the best internet TROLL (ur not( ur no larry my friend but listen brother you com around here agin talkin that sh***** and u see laryfan ingame ur gona get a good SOUTHERN A$$ WHOOPIN u fell me brother? thasnk you

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

EDIT: nevermind i see ur right sorry bout all that

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:56:36 pm »
its a feature

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:32:13 am »
I'd rather remove this piece of code because it looks like an obvious bug or some stupid idea.

Mars Sultan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »
Oh, I have no doubt that it's an obvious bug. In fact, we established that in my first post. As for it being a stupid idea, consider the following:

Two-handed weapons generally have superior range to one-handed weapons.
Two-handed weapons generally have superior damage to one-handed weapons.
Two-handed weapons generally have superior magazine capacity to one-handed weapons.
The Fast Shot trait all but ensures that two-handed weapons generally take the same AP to single shot as one-handed weapons do.

Could it be that maybe, just maybe - whoever haphazardly shoved this code in was trying to give one handed gunslingers a leg up against obviously superior weaponry? Food for thought.

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 06:35:32 pm »
Agreed with Mars on this.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »
Could it be that maybe, just maybe - whoever haphazardly shoved this code in was trying to give one handed gunslingers a leg up against obviously superior weaponry? Food for thought.
Makes sense, at least P90 bursters would be useful, again.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »
What could it possibly hurt to give one-handers the trait as it reads? A buff for the underpowered wouldn't be the end of the world.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 07:11:53 pm »

You guys serious?
Obvious bug is obvious deal with it.

No boost needed. Seriously guys get a grip on common sense.

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »
In case you couldn't tell Perteks, the bug seems to be that the code for the extra +5 damage was put in for two-handed weapons on the one-hander perk, rather than for one-handed weapons. A small typo with a missing exclamation mark.

The effect's existence on the other hand was intended by the 2238 developers from what I can tell, much like Fast Shot's hidden +5 damage bonus and Heavy Handed's hidden +2 melee damage bonus.

There is nothing at all wrong with wanting a tiny buff (not that this is even a change, but a fix to a bug in the code) to the One-Hander perk (and one-handed weapons in general by association) considering how useless it is currently.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:15:39 pm by Nark »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 09:50:49 pm »
Just tested on my one-hander character.
Was shooting my slaves with BB Gun (2-handed weapon) and Mauser (1-handed).
Both weapons have 8-13 as base damage, both ammo modifiers are the same.
With BB Gun i was able to do ~5 dmg more than with mouser.

I expect after fixing this bug Mouser and BB Gun should do the same amount of damage in this test.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 04:14:47 pm »
Was fixed.