April 25, 2024, 01:20:08 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Donations Info  (Read 145575 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Donations Info
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:28 pm »
We would need to talk about the details. Current server machine can easily handle another instance of the server, there was one running for testing purposes but right now I don't need it.

Ryvaeus

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2013, 01:08:09 am »
We would need to talk about the details.
I'm open to discussion any time. Preferably when you're not too busy with other matters as admittedly this is not a priority request.
I hate signatures with oversized images.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
Send me a PM with details. But do not expect that I will maintain the second server in terms of GMing, fixing stuff, events etc. I can pass admin permissions to one of you and you'll be on your own. All I can provide is the server being online and maybe updated along with the updates to FO: Reloaded. An additional forum section would be probably a must, but that's easy.

Also, think about what you want to achieve and by what means: rules on the second instance of the server etc.

Server machine is currently far from being overloaded and it could easily host at least several other FOnline servers. To be honest, I would even share the machine with other development teams and their projects (to reduce expenses), but in this community, even developers are hostile to each other..

Solidus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 12:35:13 pm »
I would strongly support an RP server, so +1 on that! (forewords: its a long time since I used english on a daily basis, so please accept my bad grammar)
 Just a few thoughts and undeveloped concepts and ideas about an RP server:
- player driven or player influenced lore factions (BoS, Caravans, NCR, Powder Gangers etc.) with incorporatable player factions as branches (or allyable, maybe it would be easier). By this it would be possible to create goals for factions in a role friendly way, like BoS seeking technological artifacts, and to create missions based on this concept.
- Different start possibilities to better suit someones character profile (minor immersion thing)
- Dont know if there is a tool for creating or pseudo-creating missions, but it might be a good idea to increase the number and diversity of them (lore friendly way, mentioned above).
- faction goals and high rewards for them, so the cooperation of players wouldnt only be about taking a town or pillaging some area. 
- if possible: the tweaking of economy, so the flow of materials would make sense and could become a player action as well (im talking merchant)
- Increase in some resources, like drinking water: in Fo1, the player had to turn the whole wasteland upside down because of a water chip, yet water is now very accessible to players (without real benefits, at least i dont know about any), and pretty much not a concern for the NPCs.
- long events about factions, like NCR gearing up for a minor conflict -> more they pay for weapons and armor and possibly mercenaries, then the conflict with "battle events", "scouting events".

About keeping newcomers in the game:
With the possibly player or GM driven (or influenced) lore factions it could be easier to help out noobs in an RP fashion, like NCR conscript, a gecko hunter, a wandering doctor, etc. and to give a more coordinated, cooperative taste to the beginning of the game isntead of shoveling crap and such.

Non the less, the main factor that could drive such an RP server would be dedicated gamers (with the required free time of course). What do you guys think?

PS.: I'd glady join any financing options if neccessary.

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 12:51:07 pm »
November sent

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 07:11:53 pm »
Thanks c_hieter for your help.

Solidus:
Yeah it sounds fine, I support that idea too, but who's gonna work on it and manage such server?

Solidus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »
I voulenteer, though some help in the beggining would be aprecciated... I guess there are others, who would like to participate in things like this. Btw: are my ideas technically achiavable? (after being refined and discussed of course) I would need some time to dig in to managing these things, but hell, this game has so much potential, and - not a bootlicking - at least you have the right attitude instead of what i experienced on 2238... If you'd be willing to share experience and some of the know-how, im more then happy to participate.
First thing first, could we (i hope there are other RP supporters) have a sub-forum thingy to discuss these stuffs?

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 01:24:26 am »
Donated 7 euro's and I'm thinking about donating more.....I'm still looking for the multi-craft button on the fixboy though...

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2013, 03:13:26 pm »
It will be implemented as soon as someone does it. I'm busy with other stuff.

Also, you don't "buy" game features with donations.
I'm working on the game despite of the state of donations. When we're out of cash, the server is most likely closed.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2013, 03:46:26 pm »
Is there a way for us to see the current state of donations?

skejwen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2013, 04:42:40 pm »
Its not possible when Kilgore is busy by drinking champagne and eating caviar  xD

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2013, 08:22:04 pm »
Its not possible when Kilgore is busy by drinking champagne and eating caviar  xD

You forgot, that he is boosting stats and spawning implants for BBS while doing it.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2013, 02:01:19 pm »
Just donated another 7 euros. Why not, right?

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 03:23:58 pm »
Is there a way for us to see the current state of donations?

This.

You forgot, that he is boosting stats and spawning implants for BBS while doing it.

Hope you are joking. Right? Right?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:29:38 pm by gnjisa »

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »
what objects for bases/tents is there