April 29, 2024, 01:18:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: A Review of Every Version of FOnline ever  (Read 6256 times)

Smalltime

• View Profile
A Review of Every Version of FOnline ever
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »
After years of experience bouncing from version to version of FOnline, we decided to toss together a review of every version of FOnline ever. Ever.
Seriously. It doesn't get better.
Ever.
http://youtu.be/7YkdXy_DwMA
Most of the assets used are from reloaded, though not all.

(Admittedly, we could have found better examples of an apathetic moderator, but digging through 2238 screenshots of their forums is.. too painful.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:34:57 pm by Smalltime »

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
Re: A Review of Every Version of FOnline ever
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 01:44:25 pm »
I was waiting for progression and some conclusions drawn besides the one you told in the 1st minute.

I think you should buy a new-gen console. Noone ever took Mario's pants.

Strike

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 01:56:42 pm »
If you don't like it, don't play it.

Video was quite bad, as it told just PvP view of game.

Edit: As player, you are worth of nothing for this game at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:10:45 pm by Strike »

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:01:54 pm »
Where was it said we hated it?
Anyway, the PvE aspect of the game is negligible until actual dungeons are added.
I guess we could have mentioned going balls deep into ares and finding locked desks full of 10mm pistols, farming passive enclave, running from city to city picking random locked boxes exposed in city streets, and grinding ghouls from level 1 till you are max perk level.

Black Rainbow

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 03:29:06 pm »
Welcome to Fonline, Slam.

Enjoy your stay.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:53:31 pm »

Enjoy your stay.
Been here longer than you, Black.

But thanks for the input.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:56:41 pm »
100% Medically accurate.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 03:58:06 pm »

How much longer by the way? That vid sounds like to be made by a newb ragequitting after a week.

How many games you can name that occupied you longer than various FOnline servers?

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:03:48 pm »

How much longer by the way? That vid sounds like to be made by a newb ragequitting after a week.

How many games you can name that occupied you longer than various FOnline servers?
Not gonna compare dick sizes over time spent playing this game. This is the culmination of years of experience playing FOnline across multiple servers, and months playing on this server (though we have been admittedly on hiatus for a few months, because we have all of the top tier gear we'll ever need, and no new content has been released to justify our return yet.)
If you use your ears, you may be able to discern the morbidly positive tone of the parody video.

"Still. A sea of shit is quite an anomaly. It's a unique thing, and the journey to stay afloat can be justified just by trying to see what else is floating in there with you."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:06:03 pm by Smalltime »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 04:11:46 pm »
Okay, now we know that the game is full of shit and your faction (???) is very powerful inside your bases.

What else do you wish to share with us?

Black Rainbow

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »

Enjoy your stay.

But thanks for the input.

How did you come to this conclusion, do you have scientific evidence or are you just spewing bullshit as you've always done?

Everyone understands the "parody" but the point that fonline never changes, of course not, why would it? You're just saying the same things everyone else has, it isn't cute, it isn't new and fresh.

You and I will continue to live in our incest little family we call "fonline", as we've always done. It goes back to 2238, Requiem, Goon Haven, TLA, and it will continue along the same path it always has.

Grind here, grind on TLA, it's all the same "sea of shit", that's the way it's been, that's the way it always will be. People like it that way.

Nothing new.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:25:12 pm by Black Rainbow »

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 04:19:54 pm »
If you use your ears, you may be able to discern the morbidly positive tone of the parody video.
Ahh. Ok.

My irony sense tingled a bit, but other parts suppressed the feeling. For that, I wouldn't use it (for example) to try to get my friends interested in a 20 year old game. Maybe for I don't trust their English to discover such hidden connotations.

It seems to me that a big part of the active FOnline playerbase is from central or east Europe. So do I. The TS I'm on sounds (and reads) like Babel - as the tension raises, the conversation slowly converges (though never fully reaches) being in English.  1 INT chars improve the experience further. So as I was advised: Basic English, short sentences.

Anyways... I maybe missed a reminder for the new generation how was gaming in the '90s. People struggled for -years- to play trough a game. We did sweat blood. Do you know anyone who played trough Prince of Persia? I just met the guy. Big respect to him. So... I prefer to describe FOnline as a hybrid of mmos and '90s gaming.

tl:dr
Ahh ok. I just missed a tiny emphasis on how cool is that to against all odds thrive in such environment.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »
Ahh ok. I just missed a tiny emphasis on how cool is that to against all odds thrive in such environment.
Mmhm.

Okay, now we know that the game is full of shit and your faction (???) is very powerful inside your bases.

Well, for one, you shouldn't take offense for a game you didn't actually make, it's unbecoming of a lady.

are you just spewing bullshit as you've always done?
You've always been the last one in on the joke, Black. I'm only sorry we didn't discard you and your malformed cronies sooner.

Anyway, if you guys don't get the joke, I don't blame you. We've been wanting to toss one of these together for a while, so we did it. Might be a bit too wordy for anyone from Eastern Europe, for which I apologize. I enjoyed working on it, and I have no more posts to contribute to this thread after this. Enjoy, or don't.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 05:07:39 pm »
Well if you want to offend me then you need to try harder. For me this thread is quite ridiculous and this:

This is the culmination of years of experience playing FOnline across multiple servers, and months playing on this server (though we have been admittedly on hiatus for a few months, because we have all of the top tier gear we'll ever need, and no new content has been released to justify our return yet.)

is totally laughable ;)

Lackey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 06:10:35 pm »

Look at this condescending fuck. Kilgore, care to explain how a +5 str "non-flagged" quest came into being. How could something as such a massive bonus appear from no where hmm? And strange, how it is the minimum strength requirement to use all Big Guns. Seriously, go fuck yourself
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:14:06 pm by Lackey »