April 19, 2024, 04:01:11 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Gun store in the Hub  (Read 6799 times)

Caligula

• View Profile
Gun store in the Hub
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:47:23 am »
So I got blocked in between the shelf and the wall by Wormsign and Hugs, and I could not escape because my path was blocked on all 6 sides. The fucking shelf needs to come out of there. They are exploiting this and trapping people. I dont give a shit about the stealing part, but this is making it way too easy for them.

10,000 caps bounty for their heads. In town screenshot doesnt count. Gotta be in world map.

Wormsign

Re: Gun store in the Hub
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:16:43 am »
So I got blocked in between the shelf and the wall by Wormsign and Hugs, and I could not escape because my path was blocked on all 6 sides. The fucking shelf needs to come out of there. They are exploiting this and trapping people. I dont give a shit about the stealing part, but this is making it way too easy for them.

10,000 caps bounty for their heads. In town screenshot doesnt count. Gotta be in world map.

Actually we have never done that to anyone before, you are the first. Also, you weren't trapped.. Do you know how to shove?
Instead of thinking what you could do to save yourself, you shouted numerous times for all Hub to hear!

HELP! I'M BEING MUGGED! HELP!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:20:39 am by Wormsign »

Caligula

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:22:54 am »
Fuck you, I was trapped in the center of the with 2 hexes on each side of me. the space at the fence prevented me from being able to use the push function. Yes you were exploiting this you cheap piece of fucking goat shit. There are hundreds of things that arent fair in this game, but this is completely absurd. So as I said. Fuck you.

Caligula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 04:08:21 am »
The bounty is withdrawn, I did it myself in town. fuck you both. That fence and the table and you two on each side. Total exploit. totally fucking cheap. And the worst part is, Killing them, made the guards attack me. If they rob someone, you should be able to at least punch them out and take your shit back.

Wormsign

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 04:11:25 am »
The bounty is withdrawn, I did it myself in town. fuck you both. That fence and the table and you two on each side. Total exploit. totally fucking cheap. And the worst part is, Killing them, made the guards attack me. If they rob someone, you should be able to at least punch them out and take your shit back.

You shot and killed us long after we robbed you. Also, after you left we tested the "exploit". I was able to push my cohorts away and escape that spot. It isn't the easiest thing to do between the chain links but it is doable. Especially when someone is busy trying to rob you, and not re-enter the hex they are shoved out of. Cheap? Yes. Exploit? No. Pleasure doing business with you.

HELP! PLEASE HELP ME! I'M BEING MUGGED!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:31:09 am by Wormsign »

Caligula

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 04:53:23 am »
Yes you conducted an experiment in a controlled environment, where there was not danger of loss being presented. It is an exploit and you are a piece of shit who is abusing it. Fuck you once again.

Wormsign

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 05:20:02 am »
Yes you conducted an experiment in a controlled environment, where there was not danger of loss being presented. It is an exploit and you are a piece of shit who is abusing it. Fuck you once again.

So what you are saying is you panicked and didn't try? The controlled environment was my cohorts attempting to keep me blocked in. They didn't try to steal from me. The intent was to trap me. It was harder for me to get out than it would have been for you! Sure, there was no danger for me. But what does that have to do with it?

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:07:23 am »
The difference is your situation had all the stress removed.

It's like the difference between shooting at a target and shooting at someone that is trying to kill you.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:04:52 am »
Shop without rhythm and it won't attract the worm.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Carder52

• A Man of His Word~Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 06:24:16 am »
Yeah be careful around the Hub. Lots of thieves. Watch out for Wormsign, Cindy, Anne, and Hugs.
We just want to make the wasteland a better place, free of crime and injustice, no matter how many bullets it takes.

These are our words

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »
Yeah well, this is DEFINITELY an exploit. Because as soon as you push, they can walk right back into that hex instantaneously.  But still, watch what hex you stand on when you shop. Heheheh....

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 04:21:39 pm »
I met them yesterday. They are role-playing a band of thieves in that area, and they have senses of humor. If you stop hating them for a moment, and talk with them, you might see they are only having fun and can be very nice about it. While i was there, Hugs apologized to a passerby for taking a shotgun and offered to return it. Then Hugs told us "she" felt guilty about that one. So a thief with a conscience. And Hugs in particular is a non-combat character, so i don't exactly see Town Control in her future, nor any power-leveling on molerats, floaters, or ghouls. She sneaks around and peeks into your inventory - takes stuff yes, but otherwise is friendly.

If you tangle with a thief, first try being polite and simply ask for your item(s) back. Just try it - it can lead to some interesting conversations, and potentially a new in-game friendship. Laugh at how corny that sounds if you want, but it's true. If they don't just give all your stuff back without a deal, then make a deal! "Why should i have to make a deal with a thief to get my own stuff back?" Well, you don't have to, but do you want your stuff back or not? Such arrangements can lead where you never expected. For example, when I told Hugs I make Buffout, she immediately green'd me and thanked me for stimulating the economy. Now that made me laugh. She asked me if I would bring her some Buffout. I made 1500 Buffouts before, so I had no trouble giving this poor druggie thief a few buffouts. (I assume she likes them for their savory flavor). Well that's it - instant new friend right there. When I see her stealing in the future, I'll say hi, stop and chat. Maybe their thieves guild will give me tips about secret stuff in the game. Who knows! But you miss out on all of that if you hate them all, and don't even try.

A thief was messing with me in Junktown once too. Someone different. He blocked me in and I was unable to shove him aside. He demanded payment to move. So...i calmed down and decided to play along. I asked him how much he wanted. He told me 1000 caps. I said that was unacceptably low and I demanded to pay more. Lol. He was confused. He said no, all I want is 1000. I said no deal haha. I told him my freedom was worth a lot more and I would insult generations of freedom fighters if I agreed to only 1000 caps. We stood there looking at each other for about 1 minute. Then he ran off and I was free. Why he didn't take more caps, I'll never know, but if this had not happened, I'm sure I would not even remember being there that day.

It's these role-player characters who add some depth to the game and create the most memorable moments.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:45:45 pm by Henry »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 03:49:54 am »
I feel really silly, but I thought Hugs was a female, IRL.... ???
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Colonel Mob

• Supporter
  • Incredible Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:06 pm »
your colon appears to be crucified
perhaps you should pacify thy mammaries

Ronin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »
I remember mine first days in foonline world.I was trading whit NPC in Junktown and didnt even know that someone can actualy steal my shits from inventary.So thief do that fast so i notice my shits gone when thief shout from somwhere:welcome to Junktown!. Dammn i was hate those thiefs back then haha but eventualy all those expirience just make u beter prepared for such things.Now i dont have problems whit them and i learn some practice solutions for them.Think that they definetly must be in game and there  be much hole in fallout world whitout them.