April 29, 2024, 02:54:38 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Private Mine/Slaves/Optimization question  (Read 1933 times)

Conrad

• View Profile
Private Mine/Slaves/Optimization question
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:52:54 am »
Hi all,

So I bought my very own private mine and got 2 slaves pathed as suggested by the wiki (stop them first, then tell to dig).  So far after a little under 24 hours, I have in the 200s of each resource on each of them.

I have a few questions..

1.) a.Is two slaves the maximum? b.How much does it raise the risk of pathing errors when I have 3 or 4 slaves digging?
2.) How much can I expect on average at the end of a full week of 2 slaves digging?
3.) Is there a better way to do it? How?

Thanks.

-C

Kaaon

Re: Private Mine/Slaves/Optimization question
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:00:30 am »
1.) a.Is two slaves the maximum? b.How much does it raise the risk of pathing errors when I have 3 or 4 slaves digging?
2.) How much can I expect on average at the end of a full week of 2 slaves digging?
3.) Is there a better way to do it? How?
1.) you can have more slaves but i think its waste, 2 are enough and more slaves = higher chance for stuck, but its my personal exeprience, i also heard about someone who had 9 slaves in mine..
2.) ~8k hq iron ore, ~4k hq minerals and some normal ore/minerals (both slaves together after 1 week)
3.) i dont know about any better way

Conrad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 04:25:38 am »
Thanks!

Also, can you have more than one private mine going at once?

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:43:51 am »
Thanks!

Also, can you have more than one private mine going at once?

not on same character, your current mine will dissapear after buying new but you can create new character for another private mine

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:33:06 am »
From someone who regularly steals from all kind of slaves - the fast ones seem to work faster. Might have been evident, but the runny ghouls and some brown clothed females (where do they come from?) really have the morale for it.

Conrad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 05:07:12 am »
From someone who regularly steals from all kind of slaves - the fast ones seem to work faster. Might have been evident, but the runny ghouls and some brown clothed females (where do they come from?) really have the morale for it.

Rad, so you're saying the speedy ghoul and the lady (would it be homesteader?) work faster than the others? Because these holy people I have are crap. I'm at about 350 HQ after almost 48 hours, and every time I check my slaves, they're working. I'm going to try switching up my slaves, thanks for the tip.

C

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 09:38:13 am »
Saw an untamed one yesterday, she was a Bootlegger. Homesteader females might have the same model or speed, I'm no expert.