March 28, 2024, 01:39:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

Like it? Love it? Hate? What is your opinion?

Love it!
0 (0%)
Like it.
0 (0%)
Don't Know Yet...
8 (72.7%)
Don't like it.
1 (9.1%)
Hate it!
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: October 09, 2016, 11:32:47 pm

Topic: Classic UI HD Polish Patch!  (Read 4517 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Classic UI HD Polish Patch!
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:16:54 pm »
Hey, guys and gals! I'm working on a new HD version of the old Reloaded UI. Here's an example! What do you think?

Check out my demo of the new UI, Fonts, and World Map! Saving the rest for later! I edited and improved 833 art files :)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvtJZxUiO5XQgwB0_D6yt9phtvZA

To install, extract file then:

Open Client -> Data -> faction.zip and drag both folders into it. Select Ok and override all previous files.

To install on your server:

Open Client -> Data -> Extract all files here and override previous.

Here's one to convince everybody! This is a close up of the new world map images.

Notice the details in the buildings and natural ruins? Examine the coast lines, and look at the sand.

Close up of the new Inventory Menu. You can actually see the texture of your Pip Boy now.

The 90's blur is gone, and a more pronounced filter has been added!

Here's the new font in action! Notice the new trees in the back?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:32:58 pm by Corosive »

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Classic UI HD Remake!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:34:18 pm »
Not sure about your new UI but the script in script_example.txt seems incorrect:

Code: [Select]
    //roll X,Y value of WM zone index, in this case from 3x2 zones area under Hub
    uint zoneX = Random(41, 41);   
    uint zoneY = Random(32, 32);   

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:26:23 am »
First pic doesn't look like before and after, more like before and before lmao. But I'm sure it's better in higher resolutions and just too subtle for me to notice from these screens so good job you're doing gods work.

сайга

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »
i barely see any changes on those screens

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 02:20:55 am »
EDIT!! Bug found. Original rar folder contained unnecessary font files. If you encountered a loss of writing you need to revert the changes, and keep only Numbers.png and BigNumbers.png.

Original .rar has been modified.

Found at same link as .rar is also a backup .rar of the original font folder in case you need to revert.

Included now is a working public font folder. If you want to skip the font issues just extract the new font rar into faction.zip.

EDIT: For those having issues a rar will be available at the above link for the Reloaded client with the HD patch added for you.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:29:08 am by Corosive »

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:25:30 am »
I think it's nice in comparison to old one but I think it could look even better, with a complete removal of the pixelation, like an edge preserving smooth that would blend in the colors together but preserve the features and dents. Like an actual HD modernization of the old interface

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 03:30:55 am »
I think it's nice in comparison to old one but I think it could look even better, with a complete removal of the pixelation, like an edge preserving smooth that would blend in the colors together but preserve the features and dents. Like an actual HD modernization of the old interface

Hmm.....!!!!! You're probably right!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to make too big of a change but I could probably make it even smoother.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 06:02:22 am »
I'm not the best artist but take a look at this. I've edited the red rectangle area to demonstrate that the interface can be edited with more than just filters to create a more HD look. In separate layers I've recreated the background part, bulbs, and chain link. I think you could make a pretty HD remake

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 03:57:53 pm »
looks nice shark
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 04:26:11 pm »
what is hd when i still see the pixels lel ... on another note i dont think that if you would have real big resolution that it would fit to the other ingame gfxs ... just my thoughts. the shit sharky did is nice tho. well on second look im wondering where the light is comming from lel, it looks more like some lightsource from outside too so its improvable but hard to do i know...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:28:34 pm by FrankenStone »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 11:32:29 pm »
Nah, the thing shark did doesn't fit in, the lightning doesn't match the colour scale and distracts. If you guys want a custom, and complete different UI feel free to download one or make your own. The purpose of this was to keep the original look exactly the way it is, but sharpen up the textures a bit to make them look more detailed. UI's don't need aesthetic features if they have the potential to be distracting. The filter I added simply adds a bit of polish to an otherwise fine UI. It completely removes the flat, and boring texture blur and blends in well with the newer art.

It's a subtle change, guess I worded the topic wrong lol. 

Here at Reloaded we like to keep things as classic as possible.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:36:08 pm by Corosive »

FrankenStone

• View Profile
Re: Classic UI HD Polish Patch!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 05:51:39 pm »
what u talking about ?

u used anti aliasing filter on exisitng GUI and talk about HD ?

i dunno if you know what you are talking about anyway, if you want higher resolution interface you would need to render it in higher resolution ... but since you dont got the original source i highly doubt you can do this.

for example : 800 x 600 > 1600 x 1200

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Classic UI HD Polish Patch!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 11:42:15 pm »
looks pretty good to me lol. Case closed.