April 28, 2024, 06:50:07 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Do what everyone has always wanted.  (Read 2159 times)

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Do what everyone has always wanted.
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »
I suggest to make Advanced Work Benches purchase-able from the foremen. If you got the caps, why not allow it to be bought? Make it expensive like 500,000 caps or something like that (that's more expensive then the best base!) I mean, everyone pretty much crafts safely anyways, why not just let them do it in peace? When you give the money to the foremen, he could go with you to a base or ranger camp and there you could tell "I'd like you to upgrade this bench please." And ta-daaaa! 500k for a session of happiness. I like it.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Do what everyone has always wanted.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »
Sure but on the way back to the tent you will encouter : 4 Adult Deathclaws, 4 pashtuurs.
Enclave Patrol (Hostile)
BoS Patrol (Hostile)
10 fire geckos which will spawn around you in a circle
Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters.

Sounds fair for such a big...upgrade, yes?

KestreL

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:29:13 pm »
Allow advanced workbench to be bought by a foreman and he gives you a location where you can craft very simliler as a private mine but costs 400k and it only lasts 3 days

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »
I could as well remove advanced workbenches and replace them with normal ones.

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:47 pm »
good idea but price should be much higher

KestreL

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 10:23:30 pm »

This has worked well in Fo2 and there wasnt any issues at all, Infact it allowed people to stop this grinding and get stright to the PvP. Nobody camps advanced workbenches anywayz

Strike

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »
But there actually was reason for Adv. workbenches ;)

If they get removed, it will be like it was before them. Pretty easy crafting.

Mister Dank

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:55:17 am »
I dislike this idea. The advanced workbenches in unguarded areas do two things that I like:

1) They give a reason to go to certain locations which would otherwise probably not be visited.
2) They create a risk vs. reward situation where a player must take the risk of losing their items/materials in order to gain the reward of crafting nice items for themselves or their friends.

There are several advanced workbenches in the world and they are spread out enough so it is not impossible to make a solo trip to one and escape with your items. There are also not enough of them to make it perfectly safe, meaning there is always at least a slight risk taken to gain the reward.

Also, being able to buy it for such a large sum of caps simply means that rich and well-established players will be able to craft in peace while those starting out must still run the risk. The established players already have the advantages of more skill points, better equipment, and a high probability of having a better pvp build as well as friends to back them up. There is no reason I can think of why said players would need to craft in absolute safety when they are the very players equipped to hold their own at the workbench and craft what they please.

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 12:57:26 am »
I dont want adv wb be removed, i think they should stay ingame and rich crafters should be able to buy own adv wb for price like 1mil or smthing..

KestreL

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 01:41:09 am »
People in FO2 Came to all sorts of differnt towns. Reason? There was Kevlars to craft Combat armors. or HQ metal. it wasnt crafting that was the hard part, it was the Gathering of mats the hard part

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 04:24:29 am »
People in FO2 Came to all sorts of differnt towns. Reason? There was Kevlars to craft Combat armors. or HQ metal. it wasnt crafting that was the hard part, it was the Gathering of mats the hard part
This. You hit the nail on the head. Just make the resources limited. Slow-medium respawn time maybe? Yeah Fonline2 had a great crafting system with the workbenches. Also the multi-craft feature was a great way to cut grinding. That was definitely my favorite part of that server. 

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 08:47:02 am »
This has worked well in Fo2 and there wasnt any issues at all,
Yeah sure you forgot to add that fo2 had no private workbenches, only in towns.

Just make the resources limited. Slow-medium respawn time maybe?
This was the path of 2238 and I'm sure we don't want to try this again.

Jesus, advanced workbenches in bases, then you will come and whine because there are no players anywhere, because they can do everything in a private location. Even more lochnessing.

What next? Maybe buyable TC locker spawning rare items in your base?
Crafting shit is already extremely easy and the number of advanced workbenches is 2x of what was in 2238.

I don't buy it.