March 28, 2024, 08:53:41 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Painting Auction  (Read 10740 times)

Nefastus

• There he goes. One of God's own prototypes...
    • View Profile
Painting Auction
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:32 am »
Again?? You already make 1 auction with lockers stuff, there are players that do not grind encounter lockers and also deserve a chance in the aucitons...
+1. With all due respect i think this kind of auctions are only for rich players. i (and a lot of ppl) dont search all days for caps nor lockers and i think we should have a chance too, and we dont. implants spawn now in reno and warehouse so there`s no need for this.

Some people have no chance at getting implants or gear from Reno or Warehouse, especially if they are solo players and spend some time hunting lockers and exploring caves.

Back at you.
i see a lot of loners there or small groups of 2 or 3 ppl, so yes, they can. also this is a multiplayer game so if you are alone, look up for ppl. i`d be ok if the players who look for the lockers were the same ones that buy the implants, but most of them sell the stuff to rich players, always the same ones.

Yes, this is a MMO, but also a sandbox, so people can decide how they want to play it, being it a solo wastelander, or a member of a larger faction. Solo players also interact with other players, so your argument is invalid and silly.

There were only 2 GM auctions, out of which only one (Black Dildo Cocks) was mainly a locker one, and there are no "rich" players buying out all rare items prior to auctions, or even now, during the second one. Mind that half of the population since CoC badge auction already gone, playing on another server. Your point is invalid.

I seriously don't understand your point. You can get implants with your faction/group from lockers, solo players can't. You are whining about people who commit their time in hunting lockers and exploring caves, while you are too lazy to do that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:04:54 am by Nefastus »

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Painting Auction
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:31 am »
Actually, Seki is buying up all fuzzy paintings for 150k each.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:47:23 am »
I seriously don't understand your point.
I agree with you, you dont.
There are more activities in game, my point is: players who hasnt been grinding those lockers do not have a chance (unless they have millions caps like seki) and there are other activities in game. First auction was made using caps, 2nd broc flowers, 3rd COC badges, 4th Locker item again (why not something different, something that involves PvE for example).

Nefastus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:53:45 am »
Hunting lockers and caves is PvE.

There was only one other auction involving lockers, badges so I don't see the big deal. If you have suggestions for other items which could be used in auction and are not found in lockers, but for example drop from NPCs, then you can pm Docan.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:20:57 pm »

There was only one other auction involving lockers, badges so I don't see the big deal. If you have suggestions for other items which could be used in auction and are not found in lockers, but for example drop from NPCs, then you can pm Docan.
Caves is PvE, huting lockers isnt (ants, dogs, or BOS patrols killing some random critters, I dont consider that PvE). I think its too late to change the auction item. I just complained to make sure next time we have something more fair.

Nefastus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:35:48 pm »
I wasn't saying that it should be changed now, just make a suggestion for the next one.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 12:41:00 pm »
1500 scorpion tails minimum bid.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Xaviien

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31:09 pm »

Caves is PvE, huting lockers isnt (ants, dogs, or BOS patrols killing some random critters, I dont consider that PvE). I think its too late to change the auction item. I just complained to make sure next time we have something more fair.
I'm not sure what YOU define as PvE, but locker hunting definitely IS PvE.
The only other thing it could be is PvP, which it clearly is NOT.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »
Locker hunting consist on running, lockpicking and leave. I dont see any PvE there. "The other option" is killing some caravans or something like that, i dont see any PvP there neither.

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »
like i said before, rich players (seki) will buy almost all implats ingame. so now the big factions arent only a lot more players than any other factions  convined but better alts as well. not one of us has a chance to win this when they bid 50 fussy paintings per implant. i searched for locker quite a long time and i only found 2.

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »
like i said before, rich players (seki) will buy almost all implats ingame. so now the big factions arent only a lot more players than any other factions  convined but better alts as well. not one of us has a chance to win this when they bid 50 fussy paintings per implant. i searched for locker quite a long time and i only found 2.

So I thought implants arent so good for loners like me and they dont change anything in big way so never participated in the auctions and just made some not bad money by selling auction items. I think implants itself are much overated, ppl think they are holy grail or sth. Yeah, getting all the implants all at once would be usefull, but grinding hard only to obtain 1-2 implants is a waste of time for me. They wouldnt change my character much, and also playing for a 12 months to a *maybe* obtaining all the implants arent also my goal so I dont see here any reason to whine.

I never was any part of any faction, always played alone and I gathered alone some milions of caps and tons of equipment which I usually loose in player hunting but its just my style: craft much, gear much, fight much, loose much. Thats why im playing FO, for fun.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 03:09:01 pm »

So I thought implants arent so good for loners like me and they dont change anything in big way so never participated in the auctions and just made some not bad money by selling auction items. I think implants itself are much overated, ppl think they are holy grail or sth. Yeah, getting all the implants all at once would be usefull, but grinding hard only to obtain 1-2 implants is a waste of time for me. They wouldnt change my character much, and also playing for a 12 months to a *maybe* obtaining all the implants arent also my goal so I dont see here any reason to whine.

I never was any part of any faction, always played alone and I gathered alone some milions of caps and tons of equipment which I usually loose in player hunting but its just my style: craft much, gear much, fight much, loose much. Thats why im playing FO, for fun.
Jake, please dont use the word whine, nobody is whining here. Ok you prove me right then, you sold the items to rich players so they can get the implants. believe me, they do help. at least the 3 good ones that you can use twice, those make a big difference. i also play for fun, im an average player, i craft, mine, sell, buy, hunt for lockers, pvp, pve... that have nothing to do with this.

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 03:49:25 pm »
I think its probably more efficient to level up second char, w8 3 mins and relog and >make a difference< than gathering/buying/waiting to obtain 3 implants from gm auction. I didint said that implants dont make a difference, but in general, if you have 1-2 implants u still will be jaked in first turn, or in tc. 1-2 implants wont make ur char suddenly different, but slightly better. And I mean slightly.

Im not talking about char full of implants since they are skeletorz minionz and made fully optimized builds.
My characters in game: Mikoto