April 28, 2024, 12:30:28 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: I need advice with my first character  (Read 2278 times)

nivky

• View Profile
I need advice with my first character
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:59:22 pm »
I just started playing. After reading some of the guides here I decided to copy the Fighter (Small Guns) build made by Striker in the following guide: http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=2348.0

ST 5 (5ST can use most of small guns, like rifles, shotguns and pistols)
PE 6 (6PE should be enough for all kind shooting and you get Awareness support perk with it)
EN 8 (8EN will bring you 168HP when you are Lvl24)
CH 1 (1CH is enough for all kind of trading and you can lead 2 players with you to worldmap)
IN 5 (5IN with 15SPs per Level (Skill Points) should be enough for basic character)
AG 10 (10AG mean that you get 10AP (Action Points) and max Armor Class)
LK 6 (6LK, this mean how lucky or unlucky you are. LK6 is basic luck)

Tag skills: Small Guns, Doctor and First Aid

Traits: Small Frame (Your Carryweight is reduced little, but you get +1AG)

Perks: Lvl 3 More Critical, Lvl 6 Toughness, Lvl 9 Even Tougher, Lvl 12 Even more Criticals, Lvl 15 Better Criticals, Lvl 18 Bonus Rate of Fire, Lvl 21 Lifegiver, Lvl 24 More Ranged Damage.

Since this is my first character, my main objective is to get some money. After playing the game for a while and reading the wiki I started to think if it wouldn't be better to get Fast Shot. This way I could put less points in small guns, because I won't do aimed shots, and get more points into Repair so I can craft earlier. Maybe I could also get less points in LK and change the critical perks for something else. But before doing this I would like to hear the opinion of experienced players. Also I would like to know:

1. How do I calculate armor bypass chance?
2. How do I calculate critical miss chance?
3. How does critical chance affects burst shots?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:56:12 pm by nivky »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: I need advice with my first character
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:33:20 pm »
I don't use Small Frame on my lead or crafter or support chars because i want the Carry Weight on those. I only use Small Frame on fighters. I don't mean my support chars don't fight - they do.

I think Fast Shot is a good choice for a first char, but i don't go with any crit perks unless it's a proper crit fighter. Instead i go for defense like Adrenaline Rush and Stonewall or even Quick Recovery and Quick Pockets (Fast Reload). More Ranged Damage? I only take that for fighters, but another Lifegiver would be appealing.

If you want to make a bunch of caps up front, one option is to gather junk in Boneyard and sell to girl in Salvagers. It's not the fastest but not the slowest either and very reliable. If you want to craft, you can pay for skill books and professional training this way. Also it doesn't take long to get 10k caps and you can get your own DYI base. Once you have a base, you have a safe place to drop your tent maps so additional characters can see tents.

One important skill though starting off i think is Lockpick. With high LP skill you can open random footlockers and pile up some worthy, free loot like Combat Armor.

nivky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply, it helped a lot. Currently I am thinking over this build to modify it to suit my needs. I don't want (yet) to do some repetitive heavy farming on money. I just want to get to know the game better and have some fun while getting something for my next characters. This character is going to be a mix of fighter and crafter. I want, if possible, to get some money by killing mobs in encounters. And I want to craft some basic equipment when I need.

I think I will take off small frame and move one point from LK to AG, I will remove the crit perks as you mentioned as well - however I don't know how having low crit chance will affect my burst shots, I am still looking for info on how crit works in burst shots, while also reading up all the perks to plan my next character. I will probably use a mix of defensive and offensive perks so I can have some fun in skirmishes.

I will post it here as soon as I finish.

edit: how bad is it to have 1-3 LK? I know it raises my chance of getting critical misses and also the chance of having armor bypassed. But how much exactly?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:34:58 pm by nivky »

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:48:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply, it helped a lot. Currently I am thinking over this build to modify it to suit my needs. I don't want (yet) to do some repetitive heavy farming on money. I just want to get to know the game better and have some fun while getting something for my next characters. This character is going to be a mix of fighter and crafter. I want, if possible, to get some money by killing mobs in encounters. And I want to craft some basic equipment when I need.

I think I will take off small frame and move one point from LK to AG, I will remove the crit perks as you mentioned as well - however I don't know how having low crit chance will affect my burst shots, I am still looking for info on how crit works in burst shots, while also reading up all the perks to plan my next character. I will probably use a mix of defensive and offensive perks so I can have some fun in skirmishes.

I will post it here as soon as I finish.

edit: how bad is it to have 1-3 LK? I know it raises my chance of getting critical misses and also the chance of having armor bypassed. But how much exactly?
with 3 luck you will be fine, put those points on end, 10 end is a must if you ask me

nivky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »
Below is the build I came up with. I accept advice.

Code: [Select]
ST 5
PE 6
EN 8    (maybe 10 if I lower LK)
CH 1
IN 5    (maybe 7 if I lower LK)
AG 10
LK 5    (maybe 1 or 3)

Tag skills: Small Guns, First Aid

Traits: Small Frame (Your Carryweight is reduced little, but you get +1AG)

Perks: lvl3 Adrenaline Rush, lvl6 Toughness, lvl9 BRD, lvl 12 BRD, lvl 15 Even Tougher, lvl 18 Bonus Rate of Fire, lvl 21 Lifegiver, lvl 24 Lifegiver

Lvl 3 More Critical, Lvl 6 Toughness, Lvl 9 Even Tougher, Lvl 12 Even more Criticals, Lvl 15 Better Criticals, Lvl 18 Bonus Rate of Fire, Lvl 21 Lifegiver, Lvl 24 More Ranged Damage.

with 3 luck you will be fine, put those points on end, 10 end is a must if you ask me

What about 1 LK, will it be bad? Could you elaborate more on this? I really would like to see a formula or some numbers.

edit: I still don't know if I should pick outdoorsman or lockpicking and my 3rd tag skill. How high lockpicking skill I need to be able to open random chests? Will I need Traps high also?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:36:49 pm by nivky »