Password:

Topic: Builds Guide  (Read 25416 times)

skovkat

• Supporter
  • Char: Koenigen, Skytten, Basher
    • View Profile
Re: Builds Guide
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 09:47:49 am »
It's not entirely DEDICATED crippler.. the added 30% DR from finesse is very bad.. Bruiser trait = extra 4 strength at the cost of AP (which don't matter THAT much when play realtime) so u can put Special Points in something else and still have strength needed for Sniper. Lifegivers 1 is only 20 hp, i'd rather a bit extra damage.. this build will get 1 shot most of the time anyway if they get close and burst, 20 hp won't do much.

How about this one?

Drug sniper build (cigs and nuka)
 S 04
 P 10
 E 06
 C 01
 I  02
 A 10
 L 10

Optional Traits
Small Frame
Perks
More Critical (@4)
Even More Critical (@6)
Sharpshooter (@11)
Better Criticals (@21)
Lifegiver (@12)
Lifegiver+ (@15)
Right Between the Eyes (@24)
Bonus Rate of Fire (@18)

Ends with 190 HP, without messed up action points from bruiser. The intelligence is pretty low, but since you can get skill points after the lvl 24 cap, it's no problem.

It's good, but problem is 4 strength not enough. You need 5 for sniper, 5 for .223, 5 for XL70 and also 6 for gauss (even though it's probably not what u will be using). Also bozar take 6 strength too, I know it's a Big Gun but if u are high level and can throw extra SP at BG skills later on, it's very useful for this build. So u will have to use buffout too, but that will leave u with 9 agi, which is ok but not optimal since u lose 1 action point then. U could also replace one of ur perks with Weapon Handling though, and that will probably have to be lifegiver+ then.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:06:20 am by skovkat »
Char: Koenigen, Skytten, Basher

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:30 am »
SPECIAL for the best(not rare) PVP builds
ST(1)
Since the "soft level cap" allows you to get skill points infintely, you can compensate any lack of strength by further leveling(so i suggest to use ST1 for the best builds),
PE(9 or 10)
Perception is the one of the most helping and even necesary stats, its good to see further behind your range, so you have more time to react,greater chance to see sneaker, and more possibilitys to plan strategy for your area of sight. I suggest to go with 10PE if you are using psycho  and 9 if your build doesnt use the psycho, so actualy cigs will make it up to 10.
EN(8 to 10)
influence you total HP , aswell it decrease chance to be KD,KO and crippled. i suggest to use 10 points here unless you cant afford it for certain builds like snipers(EN9) or sneakers (way less EN)
CH(1)
Crap
IN(1 or 2)
You can be leveling infintely, so why waste here SPECIAL points, if you can just level up your build more... (IN2 is used for builds who need take even more crit perks or sharpshooter or brds)
AG(9 or 10)
should be 9 if  you arent using buffout, for the most of builds
LK(6 to 10)
affects chance for bypass, aswell as chance to crit, should be 10 for any alt using aimed shots.

PERKS for those builds

never go with Weapon handling, if you are not too lazy to level about 40 levels, you should use just proficient perks, influencing your resists/injury resists or dealed DPS/injuries, lifegiver perks are probably the best choice for any builds except sneakers/merc leaders or such.

TRAITS
Bonehead and small frame, the best ones. If you are snipper/crippler you ll do good with finesse, while some sneakers might prefer use chem reliant. I suggest to not use others since they dont bring any advantage in combat.(maybe bruiser and kamikaze for certain builds of AC trolls ^^)

OdijSuppi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 12:24:00 pm »
But isn't the low ST a problem? I would imagine a sniper can easely disarm you with such a low strength.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

skovkat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »
But isn't the low ST a problem? I would imagine a sniper can easely disarm you with such a low strength.

I don't think STR modifies the chance to drop weapon. I'm pretty sure that only End and Luck rolls determine the effects of critical hits on you.
If you look on the aimed attack table of Fallout 1/2 it only shows luck and end rolls. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:31:05 pm by skovkat »

OdijSuppi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »
But if you look at the Critical Hit Table posted on the forum, you will see that there is a ST check for weapon drop.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

skovkat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2013, 12:46:52 pm »
But if you look at the Critical Hit Table posted on the forum, you will see that there is a ST check for weapon drop.

Ahhh, thanks brother. I never noticed. I am not a experienced player with FOnline, only Fallout1/2, so I didn't know about the STR mechanic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:06:53 pm by skovkat »