April 19, 2024, 01:09:46 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Official namecolorizing list  (Read 2556 times)

soulshine

• View Profile
Official namecolorizing list
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:48:24 am »
Hello,

I just saw topic "pk list" or some like that.
I know that such topics are laughable for majority but the idea itself might be quite good.
There are many new players that might find it useful, plus it works well on requiem server where players treat serious this list.
This is funny, try to pk there and half of server shots you on sight.
At least I would like to know when my "hello, how are u friend ?" might be responded by avengers burst.
Of course doing it just by write someone's name is totally wrong and nobody even looks at it.

So I would like to propose official name colorizing list for badass mofo PeeKers.
Rules are simple, you got killed then you provide screenshots and log file to proove that you were a victim.
Then type the name of your killer with code (>   BadAssPK      NameRed           ContourRed)
so anyone (who wants to) can paste it to namecolorizing file

Furior

• View Profile
Re: Official namecolorizing list
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:00:24 am »
Just a suggestion, tag green those who wont kill you. You will save a lot of time

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:58 am »
Russian servers are full of role-players doing PvE dungeons all the time. Just look at Zone Control (or whatever it is called), you have to kill hundreds of NPCs in Sierra before you fight some players there. This server is totally different, nothing is black or white here, it’s rather gray. When you meet somebody in a random encounter on this server and this guy is some crazy motherfucker (like me for example), there is still a good chance you will not only survive but also leave with some useful advice or additional stuff. Not to mention any gang who claims to be Anti-PK can shoot you on sight and probably will, when doing some dangerous operation (like TC).

soulshine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:10:30 am »
Kelin have you ever played on russian servers ?
Base control or TC is pure pvp, if someone enters town during TC or base during BC then he takes risk.

Just imagine you meet a player in wastes, u have never seen him before but red color alarms you to run away or start fighting.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:21:27 am »
I remember there were NPCs attacking Sierra and Cathedral some time ago on Requiem, maybe this has changed, I don’t know.

I don’t need to imagine anything, I met a player in wastes bazillion of times, trust me if you can think on your own, you don’t need any colors to alarm you. You see the nick, you see his hp/weapon/armor and if this guy is well equipped that means you have mostly two options: run or fight. If you get killed by someone, just tag him red thus he will become your mortal enemy and you can start hunting him down, but that doesn’t mean you should copy-paste his nick here, maybe he is a friend to half of this community, you never know.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 11:30:48 am »
I remember using a thief alt in 2238. When i was boring I steal things from high lvl people and put that stuff inside noobs inventory. How would u tag that character??

soulshine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 11:39:15 am »
I am not talking about categorizing every player ingame.
It seems you missed the point.
Idea is simple, tag those miners killers so everyone who wants to can avoid or fight them.
I dont get it guys, nobody forces you take a part in this project, you can simply ignore this thread instead saying its pointless.
Maybe it is but if there will be 5 players that find it useful then why not give it a try ?

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:16 am »
You are not the first person who is trying to propagate this idea, in fact we had this already in the past and the reason I am responding to this is very simple, it brings unnecessary side effects. In the past when I started playing this game, there was the Lawyers’ list of outlaws, I downloaded this list and suddenly people I have never seen before became red for me. I met DOCSPAD so many times in a random encounter (in times I barely knew him) and he never ever killed me, yet he was tagged as my enemy. You really think it’s right that some third person decides who will become your enemy?

Namecolorizing is a great tool for factions, in RT PvP where quick reactions matter more than anything else, but in hands of newcomers it can become a tool of fear and paranoia.

OskaRus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 12:21:08 pm »
Trying to list PKs on full loot free pvp server? Much easier would be to list nonPKs. You better accept that in free pvp zone like world map or unguarded cities everyone shoots first and talk later if ever. Personaly i dont talk at all its just waste of time. Only crazy people let live other players when they can kill them. So when meeting other player there are actually only two options run or fight. And you dont need name colorizing for that. ;-)

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 12:38:14 pm »
the Lawyers’ list of outlaws
lol, a friend of mine was in that list jsut because he was my friend (I was in that list), and he wasnt pk