April 27, 2024, 10:44:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Animal Friend  (Read 1924 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Animal Friend
« on: December 08, 2013, 01:38:45 am »
Have someone we can learn the perk Animal Friend from.

This will allow us to capture/buy dogs, wolves and so on. They would not count as companions. We could keep them at our base/tents. To keep them from leaving the base we would have to feed them. Killing Brahmin or Geckos could be the source in which we gather food for them. If we stop feeding them they leave or die.

Animals in the wasteland would still be hostile to us, but having the perk will allow for a time when they don't attack. Have it so they don't attack us unless we get to close. It wouldn't work on Deathclaws, Bugs, Floaters and Centaurs.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Friend
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:47:10 am »
Hey man. We already can buy dogs and cows. Check wiki, Followers page. Bring a rope out in the wasteland, try to "USE" on a brahmin. Sometimes he becomes your follower. They remain loyal though.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 02:07:14 am »
We can make brahmin and dogs our followers but like other followes we can only have a limited number of them. I am suggesting we could have the option to disown them as followes but keep them as pets and have them stay at our base/tents. They remain friendly to us as long as we supply some food for them. If we don't they simply leave.

Also just having animal friend would help with dealing with low level hostile dog attacks while in the wasteland. They can't hurt me after a point, all they do is waste my ammo and time..

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 03:06:58 am »
Well.... uh.... Nah. It isn't really necessary and I'm sure our busy developers are working on more important things like dungeons and multi-crafting.  ;D

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 03:19:44 am »
This might just count as another idea, but I already created two threads. So a third might just seem like spamming the forum.

How about when we disarm bear traps we can put them in our inventor and reset them or sell them?

Dirtya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 11:59:27 am »
It would be nice if we could capture some of those rabid dogs in LA with a rope, but animal friend perk don't feel very relevant addon to the game right now.
After i've run you trought next is your MOTHEEER. - Aghata MAA

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 12:15:01 pm »

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 12:37:57 pm »