April 28, 2024, 02:33:29 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: A Man's Job - cant find the target.  (Read 3613 times)

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
A Man's Job - cant find the target.
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:40:25 am »
As in the topic - I've visited every train station in a game and asked 4 ppl about my target on each of them. So far none of the "normal person" NPCs wanna talk with me and the shady one in NCR station said sth like "didnt saw him" and now he dont want to talk with me either. What i should do? Does it matter if I started asking ppl about my target on other station than Boneyard?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: A Man's Job - cant find the target.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 02:00:05 am »
I'm not sure if it matters in what order you visit the stations in this quest. I rather think it doesn't matter, but the first one will likely be Boneyard Station since the quest starts so close to that one. If you notice, the first 3 people out of 4 at each station say they don't know anything, but the 4th one always has a better answer, the answer that points you to the next station. Are you seeing that?

The very last person to give you a better answer will include a more specific detail which leads to a certain NPC at NCR Train Station.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:52:44 am »
On every station 4th person told me sth about "the next station" - none of them pointed me to any of the specific NPCs - unless it can happen on ANY station and can direct to specific NPC on one of theese stations - then i might've missed that part out. Does every station have this specific NPC to talk to?

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:51:34 am »
There is a new person in a leather jacket standing at a tent on the right of the NCR station.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:31:33 am »
The only guy in leather jacket despite the caravan guard is one near the WC building not a tent and it is this "shadowy guy" who dont wanna talk with me after he told me he doesn't recognize guy im looking for.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:10:55 am »
There should be several conversation options.
Threaten him with violence.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:34 am »
I can't talk to him at all, when i first talked to him there were only 2 options, one was about ending the conversation other one was about asking him about the man im looking for. He said he didnt saw him and now there is no conversation box at all, he just says me to go away with a text floating over his head just like all other "normal person" NPCs on the stations.

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 12:49:34 pm »
Try revisiting every station again and talking to people. You can't have the proper dialog option with the leather jacket guy until someone points you to him.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 01:37:32 pm »
I'll try. However im 99% sure I did asked everyone on every station since i did so by simply takin' a train to every station.

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but taking the train to every station is not enough. Just go to VC or SF station and talk to people untill someone tells you that the person you're looking for went to another station. Get on a train to the next station and repeat the process untill you arrive at the end of the line, where the 4th person you talk to will point you to the NCR guy.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 05:09:19 pm »
Thats exacly what i meant, i took train to every station, talked with 4 ppl and then took train to next station etc up untill i visited 4 stations and talked to 4 ppl on each of them. Now none of the NPCs wanna talk with me including Shady Guy in Leather Jacket at NCR station.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 05:20:24 pm »
Check your pip boy under status and see if the quest has been updated.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:34 pm »
Nope, still its all about "going around the train stations and ask 'bout' this dude"

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 06:48:24 pm »
Then that's why you do not yet get the right dialogue when yo talk to "the dude" himself. If my gambling skill was higher, i'd bet somewhere along the way you missed talking to at least 1 person at a train station.

Deathstroke

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 06:56:49 pm »
Will try this out mate. I hope you're right.