April 24, 2024, 07:18:29 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: A mapping contest  (Read 28137 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A mapping contest
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:17 pm »
Yep, this map looks not generic enough to be an encounter map.

While we're at it, somebody long ago told me that he wanted to make a faction base - Slaver Camp. Of course he never started making it, so if anyone is interested - here's a job :)

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2014, 04:49:51 pm »
well i will give that slaver camp a try , also what about the cavebase ive made , is it useful ?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:14:32 am by FrankenStone »

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2014, 11:34:14 am »
FrankenStone, can you upload your map? I'd like to work with it a bit more, I think it will be very useful but it needs some fixes, especially cave entrance.

And also for slaver camp, there is somewhere camp map in 2238 sdk files but I don't remember the name. It looks similar to slaver camp from Fallout 2 RP mod (when Sulik's sister is). It will be a good inpiration for you.

AEQUIRAETOR

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:57 pm »
Desert hole Outpost

Base for small team or loner players.
Complet base is without craftable containers. I want to finish around wall of sandbags, like in the picture below.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:46 am »
That desert hole looks really good. You guys are doing some good work. Can you tell us as you go, about how much time these maps are taking? I know the mapper tool is a slow thing.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:15 am »
well i will give that slaver camp a try , also what about the cavebase ive made , is it useful ?
Sure it is, thanks FrankenStone :)

Desert hole Outpost
I like the design and overall concept of this map, but it needs to be fixed a bit for some things to look less out of place. PM me for details.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2014, 06:26:15 am »
Sure it is, thanks FrankenStone :)

Desert hole Outpost
I like the design and overall concept of this map, but it needs to be fixed a bit for some things to look less out of place. PM me for details.

Can you tell us as you go, about how much time these maps are taking?
If you are familiar with FOnline mapper and you know what you want to make, then a small map shouldn't take more than few hours. Very large maps often require more than 20-30 hours.

Johnny

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 02:10:31 pm »

A project not finished yet, dont know what i'm doing but i got an idea for a new quest maybe.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:23:06 am by Johnny »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 04:31:20 pm »
Johnny that looks great! I just received some important info on making maps that we all need to know so i'll pass it on here: its best if you "frame in" your map so it loads square(ish) to match the shape of your screen. Can you load the map called e_desert1 or 2? You'll see that many of the tiles are outside of the framing borders and thus seem wasted, but this is because that map (and most maps?) are framed horizontally (square/rectangle) whereas the mapper itself builds everything with that isometric perspective. Square-framing a map clips off the isometric corners so it loads horizontally. Not sure if i'm saying it clearly enough, but basically when a map loads, it needs to be a map in the same shape as your screen, which is a horizontal square/rectangle.

To achieve this, we have to (maybe first) frame a map by using (maybe) 9 rows of hex blockers arranged in a large rectangle around the area of what will be your new map. In your case though, you've already done an amazing amount of work on this one, so you have to somehow frame it squared afterward.

I bet this was confusing to read. And pictures would help. Anyway, great job on this map! Seeing it is very motivating. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:33:47 pm by Henry »