April 28, 2024, 09:09:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Buying a Depot  (Read 3188 times)

KestreL

Buying a Depot
« on: November 30, 2013, 11:15:55 am »
Ive looked at the Wiki and it says i should go to klamath but that guy only sells caves

Where can i buy a Depot?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:21:31 pm by KestreL »

Furior

• View Profile
Re: Buying a Depot
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:25:12 am »
cave or depot?

KestreL

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 12:21:54 pm »
Oh sorry i meant Depot, Minds all over the place :D

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:01:37 pm »
You can also build the depot if you arent too lazy to gather junk.

KestreL

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 01:51:20 pm »
How do i "Buy" depot and where?

Wargreymon19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »
DIY Bases
Previously, you could only create a faction and purchase a base by talking to a trapper in Redding, Klamath or Junktown. The base would then be spawned in The Middle of Nowhere.
A new method of creating bases is a DIY base. If you gather 10 000 caps and go to construction a foreworker (in NCR, VC or SF), you are able to create a DIY base. You can also pick a faction name (if you are buying a base for the first time) and once the purchase is made, you get construction worker in fancy red shirt who follows you to your base location. Try to quickly move to exit grid, some players will attempt to kill the construction worker if you are not careful. Sometimes, the construction worker may disappear from your base or tent. If this does happen, you must leave your tent or base and enter the world map and wait for the worker to join you, usually it takes several attempts.

foreworker in NCR

foreworker in Vault City

foreworker in San Francisco

With the construction worker in party you can go to your desired base location. Next, you enter an empty encounter (much like you would for creating a Tent) and tell worker you want to have a base constructed here. Then you get location named "Building Site" on your world map.

You will need to gather a certain amount of resources for base construction. You can drop the items anywhere on the construction site to accomplish this task. You can view the progress board to see the required amount of materials for base construction.

NAME                 Caps     Wood       Junk     Metal Parts     Electronic Parts       Brahmin Hide Brahmin
Depot                 10000     250       250           15               10                                   0
Outpost                 10000     250     300           15              10                                    0
Scrapheap             10000       0       350              50                10                               0
Trapper Camp         10000      30           0                 15               10                              30
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:02:25 pm by Wargreymon19 »

ShOw.

• Wiki Editor
  • Who do you think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 05:03:47 pm »
DIY Bases
Previously, you could only create a faction and purchase a base by talking to a trapper in Redding, Klamath or Junktown. The base would then be spawned in The Middle of Nowhere.
A new method of creating bases is a DIY base. If you gather 10 000 caps and go to construction a foreworker (in NCR, VC or SF), you are able to create a DIY base. You can also pick a faction name (if you are buying a base for the first time) and once the purchase is made, you get construction worker in fancy red shirt who follows you to your base location. Try to quickly move to exit grid, some players will attempt to kill the construction worker if you are not careful. Sometimes, the construction worker may disappear from your base or tent. If this does happen, you must leave your tent or base and enter the world map and wait for the worker to join you, usually it takes several attempts.

foreworker in NCR

foreworker in Vault City

foreworker in San Francisco

With the construction worker in party you can go to your desired base location. Next, you enter an empty encounter (much like you would for creating a Tent) and tell worker you want to have a base constructed here. Then you get location named "Building Site" on your world map.

You will need to gather a certain amount of resources for base construction. You can drop the items anywhere on the construction site to accomplish this task. You can view the progress board to see the required amount of materials for base construction.

NAME                 Caps     Wood       Junk     Metal Parts     Electronic Parts       Brahmin Hide Brahmin
Depot                 10000     250       250           15               10                                   0
Outpost                 10000     250     300           15              10                                    0
Scrapheap             10000       0       350              50                10                               0
Trapper Camp         10000      30           0                 15               10                              30

Man.. Be serious.. He ask where he can buy Depot not construction worker..

Wasteland smiles on us..

War war never changes.

Wargreymon19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 06:06:33 pm »
If you read.... the foreworker construction DEPOTĀ“s

KestreL

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »
Ok well thats all i need to know i guess, Thank you Alot Wargreymon19 finaly got my depot set up (Not via already built)

wonodidiou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 10:55:36 am »
Hi all,

I'm new to base use, and have a problem with buying a construction foreworker.

I tried to speak with the NRC base constructor, with 10000 caps in my active slot, and it seems the NPC have only 2 sentences : i don't have the dialog lines to choose a construction type (depot, etc...), only the "what are you doing here ?" and "great! you're the man i need" sentences, but in an infinite loop.

Can anyone help me, please ?  :-\

ronillon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 11:57:24 am »
Try having the caps in your inventory. It worked for my every time.
Contact me on IRC

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 12:10:15 pm »
Maybe you are already in some faction. Type ~factioninfo to find out. You need to resign then. Unless you are a leader of this faction, then you can buy additional base/hire construction worker.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:12:34 pm by Kilgore »