April 24, 2024, 10:24:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Server maintenance.  (Read 18773 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Server maintenance.
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2013, 09:23:22 pm »
Now I need someone with mentioned chars that he can't log into, so we can do some tests on server clone before I make changes to the actual game server.

If there is someone willing to help me, contact me via PM here or best via IRC channel.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 02:19:25 am »
Tripleposting but whatever.

Characters with names written in cyryllics should work okay now (if they were made before Sunday). Report problems if there are still any.

Big thanks to Kelin for his help in solving this problem.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 08:33:31 am »
what is the reason of crashing server? why we had to switch when it was perfect?

Strike

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 09:13:02 am »
what is the reason of crashing server? why we had to switch when it was perfect?
What was done was complete reinstallation of OS on the server machine in order to decrease server costs.
I never going understand this change..
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:15:12 am by Strike »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 11:36:26 pm »
Different OS - lower price for OS licensing etc.

Prices of dedicated servers are going down, so I think we'll be changing provider in few months. Last configuration change surely wasn't as smooth as I wanted it to be, but it wasn't the worst one either. Several crashes with <10min rollback aren't a catastrophe, the real problem would be if they would continue for days, or if the server was down for longer time, but that's really not an option as I always have a backup server ready to go.

Anyway, for now there are more important things to be done (updates).

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2013, 09:54:24 am »
Well, I remember how it looked alike on 2238, Kilgore made it well, belive me people it could be much, much worst.

Crak

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2013, 12:32:41 am »
Well, I remember how it looked alike on 2238, Kilgore made it well, belive me people it could be much, much worst.

Oh God, those constant wipes. It made you wonder why you even bothered to play when you know all your progress would be gone at the end of the year or less...

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2013, 03:12:09 am »

Oh God, those constant wipes. It made you wonder why you even bothered to play when you know all your progress would be gone at the end of the year or less...

Yeah... *shutters*...  hopefully those suicide mongering things don't exist in this realm......

I don't see any real need for a wipe yet.

Strike

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 08:57:06 pm »
There was earlier today crash on the server (As you see from the server status)
What was reason for this?