March 28, 2024, 03:41:23 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Server maintenance.  (Read 18687 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Server maintenance.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 06:02:33 pm »
I've still have problems with the server crashing, so saving your progress is not guaranteed, as it might crash any time.

If there is no other option I will switch to my backup server. If it still doesn't work, I will have to rollback to the last working state which was 16 hours ago.

Server is up so you can proceed but at your own risk.

shemsu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 06:09:01 pm »

;D
deal with it.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 06:35:43 pm »
There is zero offence intended in this post, but this is the exact same stupidity that was happening on Fo2238. The devs messes things up and didn't know how to fix it. Why would you switch servers in the first place? It was going good and smooth until somebody said "Hey! Lets save money and switch to a garbage server!" I mean, honestly, what were you guys thinking? Did you think the donations wouldn't keep up? What was the reason for the switch? And I was about to donate 50 bucks yesterday. I'm seriously thinking about going back to fonline 2. Like I said, this isn't meant to offend anyone, but stupid preventable mistakes like this is what causes the player-base to plummet.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »
There is zero offence intended in this post, but this is the exact same stupidity that was happening on Fo2238. The devs messes things up and didn't know how to fix it. Why would you switch servers in the first place? It was going good and smooth until somebody said "Hey! Lets save money and switch to a garbage server!" I meblah blah blah.... Wow amount of butthurt and bullshit is amazing in this post how you did this?..... blah blah blah preventable mistakes like this is what causes the player-base to plummet.

But you know what maintenance means and for what it is ? Only good will of Kilgore is that he set it temporary for different server

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 06:54:15 pm »
Gimper, Bro calm your tits! HE will figure it out. If he decides to switch the server, than that's up to him. It is non of your buisness. And if you lose your shit after one maybe negative decision he makes and call that stupid, than I'm going to say that's offensive. All will be good...just don't forget the tits!

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »
1. Stop whining. If you are worried by possible rollbacks, just take a break and you will be fine.

2. If you haven't noticed it yet, I'm the only person who maintains the server and makes any updates.

3. Server machine is exactly the same one, but with different OS.

4. Trying a different OS which would significantly cut server cost is always worth a shot. This means that the server will be online for longer time and less dependant on donations. Otherwise it's just shut down some day as 2238 was. Also, remember that I'm using massive amounts of my free time to get this running and updated once in a while. DocAn is spending a lot of his free time to make rerolls to those who donated. We are not rewarded with money in any way as all donations are used to pay for the server.

5. As it was said, if the thing keeps crashing, I will use the other solution to get rid of this problem. All you need is to have some patience.

Thanks to those who understand.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »
But you know why I take it up the butt all the time? I'm gay good will towards men.... maintenance.

Yeah I do. It means maintaining it. But it wont be very maintained if everyone leaves...

Gimper, Bro please suck my man-tits! HE wont do it for me. If he decides to than I'll be happy. It is non of your buisness. And if I get my shit packed after one go, maybe negative decision he makes and call that stupid, than I'm going to say that's offensive. My anus will ache!...just don't forget the tits!
But it is our buisiness! It's all the players buisiness, I'm sure everyone wants to play without constant roll backs and stuff.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 07:02:34 pm »
1. Stop whining. If you are worried by possible rollbacks, just take a break and you will be fine.

2. If you haven't noticed it yet, I'm the only person who maintains the server and makes any updates.

3. Server machine is exactly the same one, but with different OS.

4. Trying a different OS which would significantly cut server cost is always worth a shot. This means that the server will be online for longer time and less dependant on donations. Otherwise it's just shut down some day as 2238 was. Also, remember that I'm using massive amounts of my free time to get this running and updated once in a while. DocAn is spending a lot of his free time to make rerolls to those who donated. We are not rewarded with money in any way as all donations are used to pay for the server.

5. As it was said, if the thing keeps crashing, I will use the other solution to get rid of this problem. All you need is to have some patience.

Thanks to those who understand.

Yes yes all that's good and dandy, and I appreciate all your "free time" you use for the server. But the thing is "worth a shot" means that you had no idea what could happen. It was preventable, and that's all I'm saying. Caution can solve a LOT of problems.

PS - sorry for the double post.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:04:25 pm by Gimper »

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 07:06:14 pm »
@Gimper I see how it is, you didn't calm them... What is constant in your opinion? I can understand your madness, but constant isn't the right word. We're in homemade town here, so if you can't play for a day than you should concider having a hobby or something.

Strike

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »
Maybe hire some more free devs to help you then?
And yeah I'm not interested in such job, I has Wiki and other things to help ;)

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 07:10:14 pm »
@Gimper I see how it is, you didn't calm them... What is constant in your opinion? I can understand your madness, but constant isn't the right word. We're in homemade town here, so if you can't play for a day than you should concider having a hobby or something.
If your only interested in trying to anger me, (In which you are failing to do so) then you should go to the thunderdome section. I'm merely trying to prove a point.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 07:18:41 pm »
Maybe hire some more free devs to help you then?
Like who? Forget about such thing like fonline devs, they are extinct.

Strike

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 07:22:37 pm »
Like who? Forget about such thing like fonline devs, they are extinct.
Sorry, I correct myself.. I think what you need is those computer children who like to play with servers and such things, these kind of server problems could be resolved much faster and you have more time for updates and you could forgot about server problems.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »
I think what you need is those computer children who like to play with servers and such things
Now you offend me!! :P

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »
Holy shit, you addicts. Get a grip!