April 20, 2024, 06:16:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: An Appeal to Reason (repost)  (Read 1044 times)

Lackey

• View Profile
An Appeal to Reason (repost)
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:50:08 pm »
Killgore you have already, with the creation of this server and the implementations of fixes, shown yourself to be a much more competent developer than the entire previous 2238 team.

That being said, there are a few huge issues that have come up and need to be fixed. Especially before the implementation of town control. I will begin explaining these issues in the next few segments:

1. Crafting XP:
Crafting an item should give XP only the first few times. Without this mechanic this happens:

Players craft sharpened poles for 24 with a macro for 24 hours and get level 24. Crafting doesn't need a cool down. Crafting lots of things isn't a problem, but getting thousands of XP in mere minutes from crafting the most basic item in the game is a clear problem.

2. "Rare" Cave Loot:
Caves for the first few days had an extremely high chance of having rare loot. The % of drops has been reduced but the damage is irreparably done. Players should not have inventory like this:
http://puu.sh/4jc1Y.jpg
within the first 48 hours of the server. The economy is skewed, the balance is broken; any player that missed out will never be able to compete against those who didn't.

As you will notice, those images and videos are of me and my friends. This is not a cry about us not having the things, or about others having an advantage. We are not egotistical enough to assume that we were the only ones to discover these problems. The FOnline community has shown time and time again its resilience and tenacity. If we discovered these things the rest assured; MANY OTHERS HAVE. You cannot simply hope that players won't take advantage of the system at hand, well, because that's not the type of community this is....

I want this server to be a success, and with it in the hands of devs that are players, that listen to players, I think it can be. So please Killgore for the game to ever have any longevity you need to WIPE THE SERVER and push the town control function back. We already have everything we could want, and others likely do too. There is not much reason to play anymore besides messing with others.

Thank you