April 27, 2024, 05:23:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Lvl 24 perk choice (can I keep it around?)  (Read 1716 times)

SirrorMword

• View Profile
Lvl 24 perk choice (can I keep it around?)
« on: November 20, 2013, 02:57:27 am »
Okay, so I kind of fucked up my build with one of my characters by not thinking ahead with how much I need in the skill and I realize that I will be some points short once I reach level 24 (which I heard was the last level for a perk choice), so I was wondering, we can keep the perk choice 2 levels before it disappears right? Like if I reach level 3 I get to choose a perk but I can abstain from it and still get the pop up for perk selection at level 4 and 5 but once I reach 6 I get the new perk choice and the former, if I hadn't picked it yet, disappears.

Now, can I do the same for the final perk choice? Can I abstain from picking it for 2 levels so I can level up my skill to the right level before picking the perk? Or is lvl 24 the last time I get to pick a perk at all?

It's my Unarmed Character, I want the perk that decreases AP cost by 1 and my skill is at 150 (I'm at level 21 and I have 13 points I have yet to distribute), I get to level up three more times which means 39 more skill points but I doubt that's going to be enough. So unless I can pick my lvl 24 perk choice at lvl 25 or 26 (or beyond) I think my build is gonna be pretty much screwed.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Lvl 24 perk choice (can I keep it around?)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:10:03 am »
I have a character now at level 27 and i did not pick his last perk at level 24 yet and i keep getting prompted to do so whenever i open his profile screen, so yes you have some levels over 24 to choose. I believe i read level 30 is the cutoff so pick it before level 30.

SirrorMword

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »
Thank you.

On a different note, when I target enemies in AIM(ed) mode the AP cost says that it is 4 but when I attack enemies with said aimed attack 5 points of AP is withdrawn from me, is this a bug in the performed AP cost or a bug in the displayed AP cost? (Meaning; Is it a bug that it still says 4 AP cost when it has changed into 5 AP cost for Fallout Reloaded or is it a bug that 5 points are drawn from me when it should be 4?)

[edit]

Might as well ask another question unrelated to Unarmed than start a new thread for it; Fast Shot, the trait, I was thinking of starting a Big Guns character however the wikia states that "Fast Shot does not affect bursting in any way, and nor does it reduce the cost of shots fired from a rocket launcher." yet under Big Guns skill in the wikia it states that one of the related traits are Fast Shot. So... Does Fast Shot only apply to the Bozar?

The wikia also states that Flamers are single shot however on a different character I had where I looted a Flamer the attack said it was burst. So what weapons of the Big Guns tree does Fast Shot apply to?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:26:40 pm by SirrorMword »

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 05:08:52 pm »
Aiming for eyes, head and groin is +2 action points (compared to non-aimed shots)
Aiming for arms, legs and torso is +1 action points (compared to non-aimed shots)

You can "save" your perk until lvl 30 (so effectively lvl 29 I guess)

Fast shot applies to Bozar, as you said, but also LSW (Light Support Weapon) which now has a single shot mode.

Flamers are single shot in the sense that they use 1 piece of ammo per shot. Burst is in fact incorrect, but you can reason that it can hit multiple enemies.