Topic: Trains  (Read 3148 times)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Trains
« on: November 16, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »
Right now trains are useless:
- You have to finish quest and discover all the train stations to even be able to use them
- You have to come to the train station at exact time, to be able to travel to desired station
- Train is rather slow and train stations are located OUTSIDE cities, so you have to travel by foot anyway
- And you have to pay 100 caps at each station (so traveling from SF to VC cost 300 caps)

My suggestion is:
- Make all the stations visible from the start - new players probably don't even know that trains exist in this game... And these supposed to be for new players (old ones have cars)
- You can talk to train driver at any time and he will just teleport you to desired station. Yes it's not too realistic, but at least trains will be useful. Right now travelling by trains takes way too much time than it should.
- Make train stations as separate districts inside the city.

This way trains (that supposed to be for newbies with no money for a car) will become useful.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Trains
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 07:27:01 pm »
Yeah i agree,but it shouldnt teleport character right to location,beter would be increase of speed for it,perhpas same as HWM.

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:38:28 pm »
I agree. Walking is faster than taking the train even with low outdoorsman.

When I got to the VC trainstation because of a quest I walked back to boneyard to take the train to SF because it was simply faster.

Dillinger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »
agreed, because old player dont use train

Alvarez

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »
Since there is always so much passenger slots left, have Anne and Kurt drive with the conductor, please. It's not that just the players are shuttling between the cities.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:02:47 pm »
Since there is always so much passenger slots left, have Anne and Kurt drive with the conductor, please. It's not that just the players are shuttling between the cities.

Hey, this looks cool. Are they animated in some way?

Alvarez

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 08:23:00 am »

Originally yes, they both have a simple animation, but the train isn't animated in FOnline.

skejwen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 10:14:06 am »

Originally yes, they both have a simple animation, but the train isn't animated in FOnline.

How so? By default every image can be animated...

Alvarez

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 01:36:05 pm »
I'm not sure how FOnline handles gif as frames. It doesn't support APNG, though.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uqsd1z
This is a demo of the animation, includes train background in every frame.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:46:06 pm by Alvarez »

Strike

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 01:48:55 pm »
Pretty good gif animation :)
I'm thinking same and how FOnline will handle gif images..

BTW why not add train stations to near Klamath and The Den?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:52:11 pm by Strike »

ShOw.

• Wiki Editor
  • Who do you think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:31:40 am »
- You can talk to train driver at any time and he will just teleport you to desired station. Yes it's not too realistic, but at least trains will be useful. Right now travelling by trains takes way too much time than it should.

Teleport? Rly? You know what gonna happen by this.. What about make trains faster?

Wasteland smiles on us..

War war never changes.

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 06:26:21 am »
My suggestion is:
- Make all the stations visible from the start - new players probably don't even know that trains exist in this game... And these supposed to be for new players (old ones have cars)
- Make train stations as separate districts inside the city.

This way trains (that supposed to be for newbies with no money for a car) will become useful.

Maybe not teleport just transport as it transport now but no need to wait for some hours, u paid, train arrive, then u go ! Should be good to modify the

+ Gunrunner/New Reno have trainstation but the train don't go there ^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:28:42 am by dskpnk »

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 07:45:51 am »
or set 1 train every 15-30min time in game. It will be like every 3-5min real time, and it should move like highwayman, becasue how it is possible trains on railways are traveling slower than scout in the desert and mountains
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:53:37 am by jacky »

Alvarez

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 08:01:37 am »
+ Gunrunner/New Reno have trainstation but the train don't go there ^^

Gun Runners have a supply line to NCR, but it is not for passenger service, only goods.
As for New Reno, i think they just cut themselves off... Unless there will be a separate line to the center of the map from another track of NCR train station serviced with this.