April 29, 2024, 02:17:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: AC again  (Read 2683 times)

• View Profile
AC again
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:36:03 am »
So, armor class sucks. 5 perks, a trait and you end up with a gimped toon that gets hit all the time anyway.

How to make it work?
1. AC affects max. hit chance.
So if one has 30 AC then someone shoting him will at best have 65% chance to hit.

2. AC is caped at 45 (and 0).
There is always at least 50:50 chance to hit. Can't be lower.

3. Static and Dynamic AC.
When you don't move you only get Static AC, if you move you get both.

4. Numbers:
-Agility +1 per point, dynamic
-Dodger +3 per rank, dynamic
-Livewire +1 per Agi, dynamic
-HtH evade, +3 per rank, static
-Kamikaze, +5, static
-Leather Armor +5, static
-Leather Armor mk2 +8, static
-Metal type armor -20, static
-Combat type armor -10, static
-Power Armors -37, static

For armors you only get the bonus if condition>50%, but you always get the minus.
Max static AC: 19
Max dynamic AC: 26
------------------------------- +
Max AC = 45

This way AC is worth something and at the same time we don't get immortal Jinnxed AC trolls
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: AC again
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:50:57 am »
I like it, but why would leather armor give you a bonus to dodge? I'm against that part.
Leather Jacket should be malus-free, but Leather Armor should have a small one.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:22:04 am »
Leather Jacket is a starter item, it has no real use and you can farm 500 of them in 15 minutes -this item should not have any bonuses.

Combat Leather Jacket - ok, so it looks cool and has stats somewhat like LA, can have +5 AC.

LAmk2 is a bit hard to craft - you can't use privat mine + slaves to get tons of gecko hides, so I'd say it's harder to craft them Combat Armor, yet it has stats that make it a really bad choice for most characters (save sneakers and fashion victims like myself). An AC bonus makes this item useable again.

I want to have armors with a bonus so that people don't go troll-nude, risk-free into PvP.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

krausser666

• TLS godlike buggy-lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »
Yes. This is actually a good idea. I'd like to see those dodger builds in Combat Leather Jackets or Leather Armors. I like the pro about giving few items new usability. Actually its really easy to get any good armor. And I won't mention having loads of combat armors.

That would be strange, but also some weapons would add/remove few AC points. Like Miniguns, Bazookas, Gatlings would remove few (can you even imagine sprinting with minigun to evade bullets?) and the smaller weapons, like laser pistols, .223, P90 etc. would give some in addition(max. 2-3).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:39:30 pm by krausser666 »

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 03:02:17 pm »
It still wouldn't make sense for someone in leather armor and wielding a pistol to be a better dodger than someone in a leather jacket with no weapon at all.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 07:29:57 pm »
I dont really like it, but its much better than what we have now. I suggest this: Leather Jacket doesnt give any resistance, just AC, cmbt leather, leather armor, and leather armor mkII. Robes should give AC.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 05:50:03 am »
AC should work like this.

1AG = 1AC, this would mean update some perks that increase AC and new cap for AC.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:41:01 am by Strike »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 07:04:04 am »
Yeah and then we can remove all burst weapons because they will be totally useless.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 07:45:24 am »
another matrix idea?

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 07:50:11 am »
I think this would require a lot of mechanic to be reworked, and my guess is unlikely it will happen..
but I have to disagree that burst will be "useless".

right now with "in your face" you get 50% dodge bonus "per bullet", so you still take lot of damage in total anyways,
so if max is 65% chance, you just dodge 1/3 of overall bullets, lowering overall damage and thats all..

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 01:03:45 pm »
well, I just discovered that AC in Turn based game (basicly, 99% of my fighting time) are totally useless when I try to kill something, thus this I remain still. Too bad that perk description is so bad, that it doesn't hint movement is the case. I wasted 2 perks, which means I should reroll for more HP I guess.

Freelancer

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »
well, I just discovered that AC in Turn based game (basicly, 99% of my fighting time) are totally useless when I try to kill something, thus this I remain still. Too bad that perk description is so bad, that it doesn't hint movement is the case. I wasted 2 perks, which means I should reroll for more HP I guess.

You need to move for about half your AP, I think. Not sure if you need to end your turn with movement though
or if it also works when you move for 5AP and then attack for 5, but AC definitely works in turn-based.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 08:43:38 am »
Yes, I know this. But this is PERK which you can not untrain and its Adventage is always the same, so - comparing to Toughness or other perks which always give adventage no metter you move or not, AC perks force you to lose AP, which is big disadventage in fight in TB. Of course, even geting 50AC when comsuming 5 AP doent provide  any realiable gain, like any DT/DR perks. So, I think its useless for TB.
Freelancer