April 26, 2024, 11:43:06 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: SUGESTION: Ability to tag 3 items NoDrop  (Read 4638 times)

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
SUGESTION: Ability to tag 3 items NoDrop
« on: November 07, 2013, 07:26:46 pm »
Simple as that - usefull for experienced players with high level characters, if they want to keep unique weapon/ammo/ or something else, or for me, newbie which lost everything 5 times and even then, I lost my only knife and 96x Healing Powder which I wanted to trade (that dead was was bug or something).

So, the idea of mine is that each player can TAG 3 items inventory (inventory only) except Caps (obcious), which wont be lost/looted upon sustaining death. Seriously, I was farming stuff to buy damn knife, then I had that knife (after 5 hrs of hard work) and I was dead (I still don't know why, exacly) and I lost everything, and was forced to start from scrach - that baing said, It is not easy, or any close to it when I can't kill thing with bare hands and can't navigate to my tent (because I am far, far away).

Freelancer

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: SUGESTION: Ability to tag 3 items NoDrop
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 07:30:23 pm »
Carebear mode? Wow no ?

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:45 pm »
No...

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »
of course, those 2 replies were from EXperienced players - Its all right - I still love F2 - so you can kill each other (10 of you will be here soon) - and many of us will just casual play F2, while you will be bored and leave the game.

I am speaking this, because I just lost all my gear. And its 4th day in game...
Freelancer

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 10:11:24 pm »
Out of Topic:

- Did You open a bank account ?
- Did You read any guide about the game ?

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 10:33:25 pm »
What's next? party hats and magic armor?

Full drop is fonline's trademark. It's already easy enough to keep stuff safe, maybe even too easy.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 05:05:25 am »
wrong place to post noob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 07:07:31 am »
I'd troll the hell out of some town if I could keep my gauss pistol after death -and I'm not even a troll-kind of player!
No, it's not good, don't want.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »
It's just not that sort of game. First rule here (one of the many first rules) is: don't get attached to your equipment.

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »
this game isnt game in the early state! you have to work hard to deserve having fun here xP, actualy you can persist playing unless you are at least a bit addicted.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:45:38 pm »
What's next? party hats and magic armor?

Full drop is fonline's trademark. It's already easy enough to keep stuff safe, maybe even too easy.

We already have magic Diablo-style armor though.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 11:25:06 pm »
because I have suggested a thing, based on my first experience, it doens't mean I should be called names!

Yes, I dont get used to my equipement, because I tend to lose it frequently, so... And ture - as soon as my ten is filled with stuff, games get easier. But first deaths and losing stuff ain't that good at all and, as I believe, can drive away even Fallout 1 or 2 fans away for good.

Freelancer

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 12:00:42 am »
Don't know why every game needs a manual and guide prologue with narrator holding you.

Look back on Ultima Online, there wasn't any manual on start - you just went around, and asked. Well they mostly took you somewhere and murdered you (Or atleast in my experience) but it worked! And plenty of people had fun!

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
because I have suggested a thing, based on my first experience, it doens't mean I should be called names!
Shouldn't have, couldn't have, wouldn't have. It is what it is, different people have different reactions.
This game is about fun, but also about the fun of psychology.

Yes, I dont get used to my equipement, because I tend to lose it frequently, so... And ture - as soon as my ten is filled with stuff, games get easier. But first deaths and losing stuff ain't that good at all and, as I believe, can drive away even Fallout 1 or 2 fans away for good.
Sure, maybe some Fallout 1 and 2 fans might be discouraged. But who has played ye olde Fallout games without saving and loading now and then? "Ah, I'll save that stimpack for when i really need it." / "Meh... I'm sure Ian won't do anything stupid, standing there behind me."
Fonline doesn't have a save function, because you can't reset the game for everyone whenever you feel like something didn't go right. So you need to work around the lack of saving. Death isn't permanent, so you keep your character at least. All that remains is the items... What we need is something like a storage area, where only I could get to. So I could store the items I don't need now, but might use later.
That's it!
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=A_Tent_in_the_Wasteland

Pardon the sarcasm here and there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:31:06 am by DocAN »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 09:45:01 am »
A wrong suggestion in a wrong place.