April 28, 2024, 06:33:06 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: mining and the economy  (Read 3221 times)

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
mining and the economy
« on: November 01, 2013, 07:12:05 pm »
with all the talk about how the deluge of mined materials are ruining the economy, here are a few more of my lame ideas.
(where the hell is my unicorn gun kilgore :) ).
some of these ideas are not totally original to me, but i am just tossing my ideas and others ideas up against the wall to see what sticks.

my first private mine was purchased about 3 1/2 weeks ago.
i mined it myself.
no slaves.
i bought it because of the rape level increasing at the gecko mine. (more player=more PK)
for 70,000caps i could have bought more material then i mined because of the refresh rate and my real life getting in the way of time i have to play.
what i would do is clear my mine, run to the Klamath mine and do 4 loads to my nearby safe house, then go back to my private mine and clear it out.
2 weeks went by and it played out.
then it hit me to use slaves.
DOH
i started another mine with slaves and had more material than i could ever use.
used a alt and now had 2 mines.
because of timing they were done in one week.
no big deal.

kilgore stated that he would kill slave mining, but too many would be butt hurt.
if slave mining is in fact fucking the economy, fuck slave mining.
but for that to happen either the refresh rate at a private mine would have to increase to the point that when a single miner depleted the last vein, another popped up.
or make a HQ secure mine.
if you kill slave mining, the lazy fucks will just PK more.
another player suggested to get some experience from pounding rocks.
that may give some potential pkers the motivation to pound some rocks on their own.

some have said that getting experience from refining materials/crafting whatever should be reduced.
if i am getting experience from refining ore, i am loosing the knowledge from fighting for experience.
one who's experience is derived from fighting only has the upper hand on those who got it from crafting only.
in other words a straw man argument.
OMG i just got victimized from one of my victims.

as far as im concerned, if you are willing to take the time to pound rocks, you should not be raped.
at least not in a mine.
critters in the mines are a pain in the ass.
its the human critters that are deadly both to your build and to the growth of this game.
so......
let the raging BEGAIN.

ps kilgore,
any chance to make that unicorn gun be switchable between ass or horn?
thanks bro

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: mining and the economy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »
I saw only some shit about priv mining and i know its not worth reading more.
If you think its only about private mines then you are sooooo wrong

Kaaon

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 07:24:05 pm »

Slave mining is runing economy, it was also nerfed in last patches but i think its too late to remove it. Maybe if slave mining would be removed and players would get 2 hq ores per dig and no respawn time in private mines..

btw. im using slaves / priavte mines too and atm i got 20k+ hq ore / minerals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:08:26 pm »
I think slave-mineing is here to stay, just like stealing ammo from BoS on 2238... sad.
But! It would be nice to give some reward to those of us who risk their alts to mine in BH, Gecko and Redding, hmm? It takes ages to mine any amonut of ore that way.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

AlbertStarski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »
Hello,

Please have look. There are some nice ideas about economy in general as well as alternatives for mining sources.

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1685.msg11238#msg11238

What I think, is that public mines should be payable. You pay entering fee and you get a ticket that allows you to dig for some time. This idea has many good points + It would be a good way to prevent fast dual logs which are vital for some scamers (minners worst nightmare).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:05:15 pm by AlbertStarski »

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
What I think, is that public mines should be payable. You pay entering fee and you get a ticket that allows you to dig for some time. This idea has many good points + It would be a good way to prevent fast dual logs which are vitals for some scamers (minners worst nightmare).

Why ?
Private + Slave > Public and you want to nerf public mines even more ? Seriously ?
btw it has nothing to do with economy

AlbertStarski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »
What I think, is that public mines should be payable. You pay entering fee and you get a ticket that allows you to dig for some time. This idea has many good points + It would be a good way to prevent fast dual logs which are vitals for some scamers (minners worst nightmare).

Why ?
Private + Slave > Public and you want to nerf public mines even more ? Seriously ?

It has. Please think.

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »

Why ?

It has. Please think.

Ye, people will have to pay caps to enter public mine. So even more peoples would use private mines. You cant set high pay to enter public mine because public mine is mainly for new players and these few caps cant change economy, its just nothing.
Public mines are fine, private mines and high interest rate was problem.. but i think its fine as it is atm.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:06:14 pm by Kaaon »

AlbertStarski

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

Why ?

It has. Please think.

Ye, people will have to pay caps to enter public mine. So even more peoples will use private mines. You cant set high pay to enter public mine because public mine is mainly for new players and these few caps cant change economy, its just nothing.
Public mines are fine, private mines and high interest rate was problem.. but i think its fine as it is atm.

It should be a fairy small fee. Paying guards for their job is nothing wrong. And this is just one little step in towards to make things a normal. PLUS you didnt read what was in the link. Ideas about random mine vains etc.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:04:12 pm by AlbertStarski »