April 20, 2024, 08:21:04 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Help us in advertising  (Read 17605 times)

Spiritwind

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Help us in advertising
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »
Trying to get this facebook group to make a post about it :)https://www.facebook.com/GamingMemesCentral?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• Supporter
  • stereotypical hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »
How come they dont talk about this game?

Man what a bunch of posers

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 04:41:15 pm »
Trying to get this facebook group to make a post about it :)https://www.facebook.com/GamingMemesCentral?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Can't you make your own post on their facebook?
(facebook noob)

Spiritwind

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 07:52:17 pm »

Can't you make your own post on their facebook?
(facebook noob)
I did, the only difference is it is only viewed by people who go to their page and look at user posts, instead of getting instantly put on 1000s of peoples walls ;).

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 04:34:26 pm »
Ah ok. I get it :-)

It's strange that even when I recommended 2238 and now Reloaded to people I know loved fallout 1 and 2, they're still reluctant to try it :-E

Strike

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 07:06:10 pm »
We need some of those youtube masters :D
They spread the word pretty good too.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 12:32:42 pm »
We need some of those youtube masters :D
They spread the word pretty good too.

All we need is a bunch of dedicated haters. Preferably really dumb ones.
I mean: look how they successfully advertised Justin Bieber...

NuclearWastE3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 03:13:34 am »
This is not spam. Just saying.

Hello, NuclearWastE3 from the Metro Last Light Forums.
I'm new here and I would like to say that a few of us over in the MLL forums are planning to form a faction and start playing on FOnline. I will continue to advertise you guys elsewhere and would also like to invite you guys over to check us out sometime, too.

You can find us here: http://www.lastlightforum.com/index.php

Foxxy Love

• Mystery solving musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 11:44:34 pm »
All we need is a bunch of dedicated haters. Preferably really dumb ones.
I mean: look how they successfully advertised Justin Bieber...

You my friend need to get into marketing ;)

I started taking screen shots of the stuff I've been doing in the waste and posted them on facebook as well as a kinda "look how much fun I'm having, this could be you  ;)"

Hopefully that might pull some of my gamer buddies in ^_^

If I get any really good pics I'll throw them onto the fb group wall as well

Maybe pulling together leaflets (I know costly but willing to help finance such ideas) to throw around at gaming conventions.

Also I lack the software or charisma to do like a "lets play" video, I also noticed a 2238 introduction video, we could work towards our own which I can give creative input into, however I don't know how to make videos so I would leave that to greater minds ^_^

I'll try getting my flat mate to spread the word while at Uni, she's a gamer and in a lot of gaming communities which - at the risk of sounding patronising - could be a good idea for others to do as well.

Going back to the videos we could do like build spotlights, for example a video describing a small guns burst build; its pros/cons, and how to use it effectively (I know some people may disagree with making builds for people however one of the factors that put people off is that because of the depth of the character sheet it can be overwhelming to new players)

I apologise for grammar and sentence structure, I am very high right now :P

Much love and peace

Edit: My buddy writes articles for an online magazine called VGU - http://videogamesuncovered.com/

Edit: What about a FOnline Trailer? my buddy has the software but we could use 'actors' :D

We were talking about writing an article about FOnline as a way of free advertising, something on the lines of 'keeping it old-school in the modern world of gaming'  maybe get an interview with some of the Devs, like a Q n' A over email.

Da Foxxy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:00:27 pm by Foxxy Love »
Da Foxxy

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 05:35:27 pm »
I run Projektnostalgia at FB, and I made article about FOnline:Reloaded

You can visit it and share it to help advertise FOnline :D

Only in Polish, thou.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjektNostalgia
Freelancer

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 05:04:31 pm »
i would be willing to shake down a little extra coin for internet advertising.
does it costs much?
more players=more targets
:)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »
We will organise advertising when wipe comes. There is no reason to advertise the game now, when it's in kinda locked state (no updates until wipe).

We use a small part of donations to advertise the game (aside of "free" advertising handled by players, by FB fanpages, forum threads, news etc. which are really helpful).

Daryl

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 08:33:23 am »
There is a fallout fan page on Facebook already with 1000 members on there worth looking into that

cyclonejack1988

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 01:25:33 am »
Hello I am new here I am glad that someone has picked this back up and brought it back to life I just discovered it and am downloading the full client right now.

I am a streamer on twitch.tv my channel name is the same as my forum name cyclonejack1988 and I have been looking to show my viewers where the fallout franchise came from. So many of them ask to see fallout 3 and nv telling me it is they're favorite game but they have never played the original games so if this works out I will be streaming the game as much as I am playing it.

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 09:40:29 am »
Add to your stream title that you play FOnline: Reloaded (Fallout Online), because there are not something like "Fallout Online" and viewers should know proper game name, because it is FOnline. :P