April 28, 2024, 06:52:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: How does science work on this server?  (Read 7564 times)

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
How does science work on this server?
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:20:58 am »
I have 125% science and dismantler.

Crafted x14 10mm pistols. Resources invested: 70 parts, 14 wood , 14 alloys.
After dismantling all of them I got resources received: 13 parts, 1 wood, 4 alloy.

Science is sh**t not worth the investment.

Character has LK1 if that matters.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Mutie

• View Profile
Re: How does science work on this server?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:41:52 am »
Same situation, even 100/100 items give back less resources.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:57 am »
I need to test it and then maybe some small fix.

Post as much feedback as you can:
a) what was disassembled and it's conditio
b) how much you got from it
c) how much Science do you have and whether do you have Dismantler perk or not

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:38:12 am »
Have tested it and it works as it should.

You wont be able to get the same number of resources You have used on crafting - it would be wired.

Also low tier itmes give less resources.

Heartquake

• In control.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:52 am »
Yeah, I had the feeling that science doesn't work correctly.

It doesn't seem to matter what you science, very low amount of resources across the board and often none at all than how it previously was.

You wont be able to get the same number of resources You have used on crafting - it would be wired.

But is it normal that you sometimes get none resources even for items with perfect condition?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:36:37 am by Heartquake »

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 10:19:45 am »
I imagine the purpose of Science is to be able to salvage equipment that you loot for a chance at some items, rather than just straight up selling them to a vendor (who may or may not buy them). Really no reason why you should be able to get the exact amount to craft the item if you salvage it (which is what science is doing, basically). It's a pretty standard way to handle a salvage/dismantle system in a game. It's there so you can get something useful from an otherwise useless item.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:18 am »
I science 100%/100% item and get a crap or nothing in return. That makes no sense to science items at all, I'll be better off selling it and buying resources for that money.

I assume if you have maxed out your science skill - you are savvy enough to get most from the item in perfect condition (I would expect to recover up to ~95% of spend materials, but currently I get ~15%).
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »
I science 100%/100% item and get a crap or nothing in return. That makes no sense to science items at all, I'll be better off selling it and buying resources for that money.

I assume if you have maxed out your science skill - you are savvy enough to get most from the item in perfect condition (I would expect to recover up to ~95% of spend materials, but currently I get ~15%).

Then sell Your items, coz nothing will change here.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 02:00:38 pm »
Maybe high science should raise the chance of getting better resources? Say if you dismantle a Assault Rifle with 100+ science, you'll have a bigger chance to get High Quality Alloys and Good Metal Parts instead of Wood.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »
Then sell Your items, coz nothing will change here.

I though this server had intentions to remove all time consuming stuff that we had in 2238.
As for now basic stuff requires resources - you have to mine, even mines are almost instantly refilled you have to mine alot to be able craft what you need.
Science doesn't give you enough resources in return to make it a viable option for recycling of the resources.
So stuff just takes time.

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 03:48:50 pm »
I hope you guys arent balancing some crafting PVE features for just being balanced or smthing, if you want make crafting viable, you have to boost ore/minerals availablity, not nerf farming resources :/. Maybe iam wrong, but i think you dont want make the game more difficult/time consuming, do you?

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »
As i said nothing will change here.

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:55 pm »
Right now you can get massive amounts of the stuff required to craft most stuff very easily and quickly. Relying on sciencing to get your ores is the wrong way to do it.

Also, as someone who reviews games professionally and has made it their job to pay attention to these sorts of things, a game is just not fun if they make things to easy. There's a difference between being non-tedious and hand-held and given everything. A game needs at least some time consuming content or it's just not worth playing and might as well be some sort of test server where everyone can do console commands. A lot of people complain that they want something to be easier do not really think about things and are just trying to make things a bit easier for themselves. 9 times out of 10, once something is made easy, people will get bored of it and stop playing (example is the NGE in the game Star Wars Galaxies... made things to simple and easy and everyone quit, even though the community was complaining about wanting everything to be fast and easy). In the end, players should have some stuff that isn't easy or they will get bored quickly. There's no point to play if there's no goal to work towards (unless you're playing for role play).

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »
Getting very good stuff is quite tricky because you have to craft it and get good rolls.
Other stuff can be acquired easily.

You can't expect receiving as much resources from disassembling stuff as it is required to craft them. But if the amount of resorces is still very low, it can be adjusted. I think I will have to test it myself.

Tomowolf

• "You rules really begin to annoy me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 08:15:11 pm »
Getting very good stuff is quite tricky because you have to craft it and get good rolls.
Other stuff can be acquired easily.

You can't expect receiving as much resources from disassembling stuff as it is required to craft them. But if the amount of resorces is still very low, it can be adjusted. I think I will have to test it myself.
If people can't get back their materials, its just stupid to put any point past 100% to the science, because they can mine faster, than get materials from sciencing. And mining is free
In game nick : ****.