April 28, 2024, 05:38:26 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Fonline reloaded vs Fonline 2??  (Read 16962 times)

HandycapDave

• View Profile
Fonline reloaded vs Fonline 2??
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »
Hi guys, new Fonline player, looooong standing Fallout fan, firstly, i cannot fucking believe i have only just discovered any of the Fonlines, seriously...

Forgive the noob question, which one should i be playing? Fonline reloaded or Fonline 2??

Which is newer? what are the differences? Which is more popular? Personal preferences?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Fonline reloaded vs Fonline 2??
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:47:44 pm »
FOnline reloaded is better

FO2 is waaay easier, loot is easy to get (getting money especially), lvling too, mostly a roleplay server which I'm not a big fan of

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 01:48:23 pm »
Uhm, try both. Play some time on reloaded and 2 and even if you want try other servers, such as tla mk2, requiem.

Strike

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:00:51 pm »
FOnline Reloaded is only server, there are no other servers.

xsarq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:08:00 pm »

FO2 is waaay easier, loot is easy to get (getting money especially), lvling too, mostly a roleplay server which I'm not a big fan of

Excactly opposite feeling.

Reloaded gots huge legacy from 2238, companions, quests, well thinked drug system, many interesting builds for PvP, some good PvE features. Yet economy on this server is fucked which makes game boring in longer running.

Fonline2 is very, very raw dish. Its got  a huge potencial, and economy is quite balanced(still not perfect.) It biggest drawbacks are: Small Amount of people online and the lack of features that shoud be in Fonline server like slaving etc. Its still need a little baking.

You shoud test both.

Be warrned - such topics are excellent place for server wars and both sides will probably start a flame war in very quick pace, dont listen to retards like Strike - test every option before making a call. 

Beret

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 03:18:48 pm »
FO2 is waaay easier
I don't think so, there u can't farm armors, caps are harder to get but not too much (or u in Fo:R looking for caps only at NCR trades), anyway there will be very soon wipe at Fo2, so will be new features, so it will be the best for u wait to wipe, then test also Fo2 server and choose which one u prefer =)

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
Together with TLAmk2, these two servers are quality FOnline servers with many interesting features, it really depends on your taste and what you expect from a FOnline game, no one can appoint the "best" server around, because every server domines in a different area. I suggest you to try these three servers and you will see.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:32:15 pm »
Fo:2 have sweet features but it is to raw. I know they are planning new concept for fo:2 server after wipe.

soulshine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:18:13 pm »

sorry, what ?
I started fonline reloaded, got alt to lvl24 in 2 hours, got 700k caps in 2 days.
I cannot even imagine anything easier than that.
maybe server with terminals "gimme levels, stuff and cash"

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 11:52:38 pm »

sorry, what ?
I started fonline reloaded, got alt to lvl24 in 2 hours, got 700k caps in 2 days.
lemme guess, you got help from your clan members? also how did you get 700k caps in 2 days?

FO2 is waaay easier
I don't think so, there u can't farm armors, caps are harder to get but not too much (or u in Fo:R looking for caps only at NCR trades), anyway there will be very soon wipe at Fo2, so will be new features, so it will be the best for u wait to wipe, then test also Fo2 server and choose which one u prefer =)
Prefer reloaded, in FO2 what's the point of needing farmed armors if everyone has carpets of upgraded combat armor?

and I never get caps from "NCR" trades, whatever the hell that means.

Excactly opposite feeling.

Reloaded gots huge legacy from 2238, companions, quests, well thinked drug system, many interesting builds for PvP, some good PvE features. Yet economy on this server is fucked which makes game boring in longer running.

Fonline2 is very, very raw dish. Its got  a huge potencial, and economy is quite balanced(still not perfect.) It biggest drawbacks are: Small Amount of people online and the lack of features that shoud be in Fonline server like slaving etc. Its still need a little baking.

You shoud test both.

Be warrned - such topics are excellent place for server wars and both sides will probably start a flame war in very quick pace, dont listen to retards like Strike - test every option before making a call. 
lol, Economy is well balanced??

had you seen insane amount of caps people have in it just by the player shops?

and I did test both, why do you think I'm saying I prefer reloaded?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:58:51 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

xsarq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 08:10:33 am »
Stalk the amount of caps you are seeing in Shopkeepers in Fonline 2 it not pure profit - since players have to first buy for caps premium resoucerces the weapon usually cost like 1k+profit.  So if you seeing in a shopkeeper a 200k be sure thats like 130k is coming as raw cost of sold weaponry and 70k is profit. Sure its nice and good thing but its also comes with a lot of work since you have to gather resources, craft, deliver it to the shopkeeper and then set prices better than other rivals.

Shops are fun mechanic...yet as much other stuff in Fonline2 they are also flawed by the fact that there is limited number of shopkeepers in game so only limited number of people can have it.

2. "NRC Trader" -> NPCs shopkeepers in NRC, they carry a shitload of moneys. Its really easy to convert good metal parts into tons of caps.  And since gaining stuff is easy in Reloaded, so its easy to convert it into cash. 700k in two days seems do-able but i guess its woud require a lot of grinding, when i was playing i made about 100k in one day and this took me like 6 hours(But i also had only little experience from 2238 so Soulshine just coud had more experience than me in making caps here.)

3. You know baraly nothing about Reloaded and Fonline economy yet youre the first one to say ''bullshit''. If you tested the mechanics you woudn't be asking Soulshine about how he made caps and caps in Fonline shopkeepers.

soulshine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

sorry, what ?
lemme guess, you got help from your clan members? also how did you get 700k caps in 2 days?

I dont have clan members, didnt even know a single player.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 07:17:03 am »
Hmm, before FOnline: Reloaded was launched, any info about it posted on fo2 forum resulted in post being removed and authors getting banned.

So, I'll just lock it and let you know that advertising that game is not allowed here in any form. You can do it elsewhere.

However, advertising other FOnline projects (TLAmk2, AoP and others) is absolutely fine.