April 29, 2024, 03:24:54 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: A Guide To Help Starters  (Read 4778 times)

KestreL

A Guide To Help Starters
« on: October 24, 2013, 09:20:06 am »
Ok everyone, This Guide is for helping the starters out in this game, All you pros who already have power builds or lvl 99 builds that do TC you can just ignore this. I myself have 9 Alts 6 inwhich can do TC or smalltime PVP, other 2 is Farmers that i use on duel-log to farm enclave and such and last is a Crafter
So!, to the point. Every starter should Not try to make everything in Charecter, Sorry but thats how it is if you want to speed fast in this game and not get pked so much becuase you were "Too weak" Even if you think its better and faster to have Crafter, Fighter, Player vs player alt, you are totally wrong. As always i would recomend making your first charecter a BG build.

BG's are very easy to get, you can craft an m60 and trade some m60s and such at JT for m60 ammo or you can just craft a flamer and lvl on rats abit above NCR or Left of NCR.
This game is very Unbalanced and unfair if you do not have a Good Charecter to travil.

First off, Start the alt, Lvl it to lvl 6 or such doing some really fucking boring lvling on rats/Molerats/Mantis Etc etc. Then Your gonna need to find a method for getting caps. Doesnt have to be a very fun method You just need to get some caps to start the game out.

Once you reach lvl 2 you will see a tent near the zone you are in. GO to that zone and do the quest then grab the tent after the quest is done and set it up in the wastelands. I really do recomend to avoid NCR Beucase there is alot of suicide bombers who love killing starters/Noobs/And such. SO if you go to NCR make sure to Spawn in Vortis side do avoid these Crazys

If you ask me i think slaving NPC's is a waste of time. My method for getting caps well i have menny but heres one of mine. Craft 10mm Ammo, go to ncr then trade it for drugs at hub for psychos/jets/Buffouts. then i go to reno and sell them for caps in the place, But be Careful!, Its Unprotected so go in fast and leave. Best to sell such items in reno during TC hours so you do not ecounter anyone. And it is best if you have a car because nobody wants to travil from hub to reno just to die on your way there. So grind for some caps at the start.

Making an SG 16% crit sniper with 120hp at max lvl with 8AP's is a total fail at the start of game and will most likly be the reason you quit the game and raged at it.
In my Opinon the Best starter build that always worked for me would be this

4 8 10 1 4 10 4 Small frame : Fast shot,    1LK builds suck

Awarness, Bonus move Toughness, Bonus ranged damage, Bonus ranged damage, Life giver, Life giver, Bonus rate of fire, More ranged damage.
Tag DOC, Big guns. Outdoorsman.

This build uses Drugs, However its one of the best farmer builds for farming NCR army, Unity, Enclave, Bounty hunters Just about anything solo. Especialy BOS.
This is even the build i once used to Fight BBS ARBH and BBS 2# with my faction Crazy88. If you check the videos on that event I am Sorrow in it using this build.
AND if someone ever enters your encounter in TB and he seems anti social Then you best kill him, otherwise he will kill you. Fish eat fish world
Once you have reached lvl 16 and have a good 70k caps and a car you will want to make an alt with 120% speach 10CH then get a private mine set up, Private mines can be bought in JT mine Or SF mine site. After you have got a private mine set up you should buy some mercs from the merc seller in NCR, Melee thugs. 2500$ each. once you have bought Them you can Get some slaves like 4 in your private mine.

Once you have the slaves, The mercs, The private mine on a slaver charecter you must bring the 4 slaves into the private mine, Tell them to "stay here" Then tell them to all mine for you. Then leave the mine and log off or what not, DO NOT log off in the mine however, if so all the slaves will panic and go to the world map. Not good. If all is secessful in 12 hours you would have gotton like 1200 hq minerals, 2000 hq Iron, 700 iron 500 minerals.

then you can tell all the slaves to fallow you, by Ctrl CLick then tell them to regroup, thay will drop all THings thay are doing/Or mining. and thay will fallow you. Bring them into your car and drive to your tent. Or safe hosue. Kill them on the hex near the workbench/Primitive Workbench then you can press Ctrl G over all that loot and you cant move however but you can craft without all that hassle of moving around droping off from your compainon.

If you are looking for combat armors and things and dont feel like you can farm stuff  at the start you can make a Lock picker alt wiht 100% lock pick, Easy to make jsut give any random named alt 10IN and skilled then lvl it up by crafting broc flower. Then Look in encounters near V15/BOS, those are safe zones to look into, Look for encounters that have White crates inside, Once you have found one BE CAREFUL. there might be some Traps near it. so aproch it with causion. walk hex by hex untle you are in Lock pick range of it.
When leaving Populated towns or Mine sites i can not stress how INPORTANT! it is to check your Party slots to see if any Players/Sneakers have tagged you and tried to get to your tent via you not noticing them

By the end of doing all this and you are lvl 24, Have All the stuff you want and figure no reason or goal to play the game you are wrong, there is much more to this game then just farming and Leveling. "Player Vs Player" "Player KIlling"

Ok so starting with PvP, In order to start your progess in PVP you will first need to Set your hotkeys. Such as : Stimpacks, Super Stimpacks, (Aimed shots) Such as eyes/Head/Groin/Legs/Arms.

its best if your stim hotkey is like Shift + Z, something you can reach fast and is close to the "A" botton, When you are running around pvp zones with an m60/Avenger mini gun you will want to be able to shoot someone as soon as he enters your sight. and not have to click your avenger botton then click the player. So when you see him quickly press Botton "A" then click him. And if he shoots back Press Botton E.g "Shift + Z" to inject a super stimpack so you can live long enough to blast him again. And remember If you die by a player and he says over your body. Fucking noob. Well that happens to everyone. Some PvPers are just kids who are angry and filled with adreinaline beucase thay are going to lose their gear that once thay finaly win thay are like " Woah, WHAT A FUCKING NOOB!!!!." Lol.
Ok im done, i think.

Good luck and i hope i wasnt wasting your time with this Huge read.

And sorry for the Typo errors if i made any, Im totally not going to correct this 50 mile Tread
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:24:59 am by KestreL »

kuba

• View Profile
Re: A Guide To Help Starters
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:58:41 am »
Nobody will read this. This game needs to be simple and casual so every new player will figure it out by himself.

KestreL

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:11:53 am »
Nobody will read this. This game needs to be simple and casual so every new player will figure it out by himself.

I have helped so menny starters out and thay were always happy with what i told them. All above is a Archive of what i have told Starters. Like i said, "Pros can avoid this"

Max Payne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 11:11:55 am »
Really good thread.It will help i think. But i would say, for everyone who really start the game, to take a small guns char first, with the same skills and perks from your char.

Strike

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:14:49 am »
Nah, I don't think anyone even bother to read :D

KestreL

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:47 am »
Maybe poeple will read it and benifit from it, Maybe thay wont. when i see a noob in ncr asking what he should do to get started in this game ill Link him to this thread

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »
The game isn't harsh anymore, why even bother?

Jackoo84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 09:01:56 pm »
Quick question. I know the game more or less now... Made a slaver char, bought mine and... Nothing. I got 5 slaves and they suck in mining. After 1 day i got something like 100 mats each... Doesn't matter if i stay in game or not. Do you have to be logged in so the miners would mine, or can u play another char in the meantime? I stayed with slaver char in NCR for like 2 hrs and i got extra 1 mat on each miner. I didn't tell them to stay and wait for me before I told them to mine for me. Does that matter? Or is maybe 5 miners too much for 1 mine? WTF???

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:29:41 pm »
Do not log off inside the mine, log off on World Map.

Jackoo84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 10:06:50 pm »
I did. I know that bug or whatever you want to name it. I left 1 slave less in mine and told the other ones to wait for me before giving new orders. Ill see what happens now. If that doesnt help, Should I report to Kilgore?

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:19:38 pm »
i can say that there are alredy some threads about mines, if you got problem with your slaves(they do mine slowly or not at all), its mostlikely becouse too many of them are trying to mine in same place, yes i had the same problem but i searched forums and 1 smart guys suggested there to move each slave far from another and just then tell them to start digging, this way they ll use the place as checkpoint and they ll not be stucking that much.

KestreL

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 06:14:35 am »
You have to be in the front of the mine Inside, THen tell them to stay here, Then tell them to mine for you some minerals. Do it in that order or thay wont do anything. Sometimes thay get glitched. It happens. you just have to tell them to leave mien then reEnter and Do the above ^^^^^^. This thread was made in hopes of getting Some of those 10mm pistol noobys more into the game and tell them which is a good way to start it.

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 08:29:55 am »
I like helping newbies too, giving some free stuff and few tips, and simply just not killing them. I gave away like 100 or more CA's for random players with low HP. I know that few chars were probably experienced players alts, but I don't care about it, since i helped a lot of ppl for start.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:24:35 pm by DocAN »