Username:

Password:

Topic: ncr army  (Read 3075 times)

voidpaw

• Imminent doom.
    • View Profile
ncr army
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:13:47 am »
I've heard of people farming NCR for ca mk2, but I can't see how they do it unless they have like 10 people with them. I'm assuming there's no way to do it solo, but if so, how would one go about doing it?

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
Re: ncr army
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:10:55 am »
I can do it solo, I am EW spammer killing M60s from long range and the rest doesn't hurt me that much at all.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

soulshine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:26:46 am »
I do it solo with p90 tank.
90% success.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 06:39:14 am »
I suggest you to do it in urban area (32:31) use some BG and cover behind the walls,and you shouldn't have provlems with them.

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

voidpaw

• Imminent doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:01:25 am »
Alright, I have an EW spammer but not much HP. I have an unfinished BG spammer as well that is on the low-HP side but should be fine.

Would a -1 AP laser/plasma rifle be necessary?

One more thing, what is the recommended size of the army I should face? 4 troops? 8?

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:11:16 am »
I am using 12 shots of laser rifle -ap for the extra range, gatling would probably do just fine too.

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:14:14 am »
dualog 2 bursters, each with 12+ap, set Turn-based combat mode and position your bursters 4 hexes away from most dangerous NPCs in encounter, once its done just go and 1 hex the closest and most dangerous npc, if npc with burst weapon survives, be sure to not stay 1 hex close, step away to 2nd hex after atack. 1 or 2 Superstimpacks might save your ass sometimes, but mostly will be not necesary.

this way you can farm any NPC. NCRA, VC patrols, BOS or even enclave, but preferably neutral or frendly NPC driven factions which do not give bad reputation after you kill them.

voidpaw

• Imminent doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 07:21:54 am »
Speaking of Enclave Patrols, is it still possible to pickpocket them in RT for their MFC?

Also, I didn't know duallogging was allowed. I'll still just have a friend do combat with me though, to be safe.

NCR Army is neutral and killing them doesn't make them aggressive later, right?

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 07:28:31 am »
Speaking of Enclave Patrols, is it still possible to pickpocket them in RT for their MFC?

Also, I didn't know duallogging was allowed. I'll still just have a friend do combat with me though, to be safe.

NCR Army is neutral and killing them doesn't make them aggressive later, right?

Right

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:48 am »
You don’t need to dual log, just make a tank 286 hp, toughness, even tougher, adrenaline rush, stonewall and one hex the M60 guy first in turn-based. The remaining troops are very easy to kill.

KestreL

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 09:23:00 am »
I do it with my 2x burster 285hp 3x brd Avenger drug alt. I just run in and 1hex the m60 guy and walk up to everyone else in RT and blast them 1hex. Simple as that

voidpaw

• Imminent doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 05:48:15 pm »
Well I'm absolutely horrid in RT so that's a no-no for me. I stick with TB - PvE'ish builds. Most PvE builds work well against players, anyways. At least mine do.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:23:53 pm by voidpaw »