April 26, 2024, 11:49:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players  (Read 24521 times)

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
Re: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »
So you are basically complaining that 1 END is worse than 10 END? What are you some kind of an idiot? That's like complaining about 4 > 2 WHY IS 4 MORE THAN 2?!! MAKE IT EQUAL

You are complaining about min maxed builds while you made a 1 END build yourself, THAT'S min-maxing. You get 1 END for something else, it's a TRADE. Currently there is no point in high int unless you want to max all skills so just don't make those builds and stop crying.

b__B

• JovankaB
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 08:07:32 pm »
So you are basically complaining that 1 END is worse than 10 END?

No, he isn't. Straw man - so this is where I stop reading. Kthxbye.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:11:16 pm by b__B »
Your favorite player

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:48 pm »
Jovanka sorry but in 2238 project 99% of community hated your ideas. I am glad you can not poison ears of fo:2/r devs with your "balance". And this is not hate post

Garrett

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 10:04:50 pm »
the evidence is in the perks why is every perk related to role playing always regailed to the back?... seriously look at ALL the perks anything related to combat is ONLY +dam, +crit chance, +crit damage, + health, + resistances, +shoot more, +AC........
4 different perks to just resistances to damage
3 perks for life
2 perks for crit damage
3 perks for crit chance
3 perks for straight damage
4 perks related to AP/shooting more
any build related to killing is going to use a combination of these perks. with only 300 some life and just straight perks like +crit chance or +crit resistance it just becomes a game of balancing the most life and best resistances with the best crit chance and crit damage. no room for anything else HTH, BG, SM, EW, all get USED the same way +on the health to not die, + on the chance to crit and finally + on my actual crits to always hurt, and if im HTH make sure to grab HTH crit dam+ and better crits ;).

its just stupid

AC should negate crits damage roll somewhat and in general be better. ac should be capped around 180, overall even in the end game an AC dodger char should have a 1/5 chance of being hit, if you only have 200% weapons skill. force players to NEED that 300% if they want to hit that dodger, suddenly alot of your min-max burster whores cant work. the good ol.... .180 of a skill is enough ;).
well if at level 45 because you picked 2 int 1 charisma and dumped strength as much as pheasable, barely breaking 200% on your weapon skill. you will now find you cant hit the broad side of a barn compared to a BALANCED character. which is how it should be.

if you don't like that don't shoot the jinxed+dodger character, its part of the game but absolutely a waste of time and a dead end because of the game mechanics. and why? oh because it might force you to take INT and BALANCE ur char u say? i cant just dump stats and drug up. my char has to actually work by some logic? nooooooooo (hides).

END should play a PART in both resistances and crit resistance.
luck should have a huge effect ON YOU NOT RECEIVING crit hits, and IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE PRIMARY WAY TO INCREASE YOUR CRIT CHANCE+finnesse, make players be forced to pick finesse if they REALLY NEED THAT CRIT CHANCE instead of it being just a topper to the 50%+ crit burster.

everything is about maxing ur peasly 300 life to survive while also increasing your ability to deal out damage with straight crits or AP rata tatat.
this greatly limits options forcing players to always choose END over INT for almost any build,
or what about forcing you to take Luck over ST because its necessary for that massive Crit roll you build up to?
shouldn't a big gunner be forced to have 7 strength? from the start? as a hard line? and any idiot that chooses to use a gun that says "7 ST required" should be forced in some way to pick at least 5 of that strength when they make their char rather then just always drugging?

i accept Weapons handling it was in fallout cannon, but i never made a fallout 1 or 2 or tactics or 3 or NV character that DEPENDEDS that much on drugs. really its just stupid its almost like all the stat drugs should JUST BE DROPPED cuz its like in diablo 2 cept you have the like 6 weak healing potion and he has a whole inventory with a 3 stacker belt full of max power rejuvi potions...........

its not like any amount of skill can really help someone PICK UP a minigun, its strength all the way. but we just see druggy+WH and 3 or less strength?

there isn't even room to make a non combat related char regarding perks. unless all ur gonna take is gain stat +1, 7 times just so you can look at all those useless 10's. life limit is far to low, END needs to give you more health because this is an MMO and fallout was never designed for this environment.

really it does not take that much for any big gun to do 300 damage, even if you have power armor+all those perks, a big gunner will always just eat your health away. so balance it. big gunners cant even think of tanking on end past 6, they need to start with at least 5 st and 6 Perc period if they want to shoot straight.

or just straight increase the life to above 500 but lower then 800ish, straight up remove drugs that give stat+ from anything but sanctioned battles and watch the balance flow as char are FORCED to make good decisions rather then just maxing that luck, agility, perc and end, dump that charisma INT and strength as much as possible.

allows all the bursters and DPS blasters to economize on the FACT that no one is going to have enough life or AC to even survive 1 real burst.

and yes im very angry that my level 38 doctor/crafter with 1 end and 78 life with a full suit of combat armor and a HK CAWS died to 4 little dogs in real time that bit me for 14+ dam every bite. didn't even get a second shot.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:18:41 pm by Garrett »

Ryvaeus

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 06:07:49 am »
PS: I think it would be great if there were 2 Reloaded servers, one for PvPers, and other "I-win-button" fellas, and other for roleplayers and people who prefer immersion over powergaming.
Agreed, but that would be pretty expensive. Kilgore mentioned in the donation thread that it costs about 50 euros a month for the one server we already use.
I hate signatures with oversized images.

xsarq

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:46 am »
Jovanka sorry but in 2238 project 99% of community hated your ideas. I am glad you can not poison ears of fo:2/r devs with your "balance". And this is not hate post

2238 deves did fine job, yet they just sucked at Public relations. The last updates, the one with suits and the one with disabling crafting timeouts were so sweet(Yet too late.)

xargas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 09:09:40 am »
Ryvaeus, I know, I know. But srsly, I wouldnt mind paying I dunno, 2 euros (:P) a month for this. Just for that maintenance. And so even with 25 folks on this, it should work, right?

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 09:28:13 am »
In most games if you deal a lot of damage you are easy to kill (DPS glass-cannon class like mage or rogue/assasin).
In most games if you are hard to kill you deal little damage (tank class, fighter, knight, defender, call them what you will).
In most games you can either deal a big ammount of damage in few slow hits (railgun) or do a lot of hits for just a few points of damage (nailgun).
In most games there's a rock-paper-scissors logic (sniper kills big gunner, big gunner kills sneaker, sneaker kills sniper).
In most games there's some sort of support class that can't do shit alone, but makes her team more powerfull (healer, bard/cleric, engieneer, etc.)

In FO we have The Universal Max HP Build ............(long gap)........... Any-Other-Specialized-Build.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

soulshine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 10:59:33 am »

so am I

2238 deves did fine job, yet they just sucked at Public relations. The last updates, the one with suits and the one with disabling crafting timeouts were so sweet(Yet too late.)
Sucked big time.
I remember their attitude, so arrogant and almost aggressive. Especially Mayk or Mayak (whatever).
So, at the end of 2238 with barely 40 players online they were still too proud to admit that their stupid ideas ruined the game.
Back to the topic "game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players" maybe so but still lot better than 2238.

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 11:05:25 am »
No, he isn't. Straw man - so this is where I stop reading. Kthxbye.

Nobody care when you stopped reading  ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:11:13 am by manero »
Bang Bang Smash

hejmr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 11:06:00 am »
Any change you make in the resists/perks/traits to protect the noobs from getting killed, the pros will abuse this aspect to build even stronger tanks and will crush you even harder, no matter how you change the game, you'll always get raped if you don't accept how it is and adapt to it. Only a "No-PVP" option in the settings can change this and no one will convince me something else can help. Which I don't think is a good solution because wasteland is ... etc. etc.

Ryvaeus

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:33 am »
Ryvaeus, I know, I know. But srsly, I wouldnt mind paying I dunno, 2 euros (:P) a month for this. Just for that maintenance. And so even with 25 folks on this, it should work, right?
Yeah, I'd pay. So let's find 23 other like-minded people and propose the idea to Kilgore. Haha!
I hate signatures with oversized images.

blood-dagger

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 06:03:13 am »
the problem with FO online is that there isnt really much in the pvp system, its all about having that big gun whcih i find pretty dissappointing.
what is a pvp fight when you get one shotted or you one shot that very same player.

the best fight that was actually a real pvp fight was a HtH vs  HtH, hiutting moving back, trying to squeeze in a heal to turn around to attempt to knocking him down. but when it comes to big guns i see no fun...just hope to have 10 perecption to see him first....

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 07:01:34 am »
the problem with FO online is that there isnt really much in the pvp system, its all about having that big gun whcih i find pretty dissappointing.
what is a pvp fight when you get one shotted or you one shot that very same player.

the best fight that was actually a real pvp fight was a HtH vs  HtH, hiutting moving back, trying to squeeze in a heal to turn around to attempt to knocking him down. but when it comes to big guns i see no fun...just hope to have 10 perecption to see him first....

of course the game is extremely unbalanced if your hth character sucks in open space due to low perception, crappy gear and crappy character overall for this type of situation. i think you should stop being all butt-hurt about dying in the wastes by my minigun.

blood-dagger

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:17 am »
you seem to not understand my point..... its that big gun vs big gun is pretty much the first to see the enemy wins, no skill what so ever its a garrrenteed 1shot no matter what, 2 if your lucky..but that rarly happens