April 24, 2024, 01:45:14 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players  (Read 24489 times)

Garrett

• View Profile
game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:14:30 pm »
don't understand why every single one of my char HAS to have 6 end or more AND Adrenaline rush or toughness, usually both. no variations on this in char design. at all, anything less then 8 endurance makes this game hell.... why? i have a level 38 crafter/doctor skill whore, that cannot fight ANYTHING past rats. he has 78hp and is a skill whore, yet he shuns civilization and the sunlight like a vampire out of fear of getting hit even once by another player. dogs regularly can kill me even with combat armor? i should have 14 levels more of health yet i have less then a level 1 char? level cap is stupid it forces you to make ONLY tanky killer char, everything else requires a faction. my cr level 38? that's 4 perks that I COULD have used and wouldn't have made my 1 END crafter OP in any way. fighting monsters leveled to challenge a 270HP tank..... only makes this game suck even more. if you have low health and don't want to sneak, well *$#U&%$ you, ur char is weak and just doesn't get to play. why? because even tho crafting and skills are in the game ur not allowed to make anything other then a docter/fighter crafter/fighter or a sneaker/striker no real trade char, i dont even try to make char builds because i just don't have the support to make it long enough to take advantage of all those potential followers, unless i like brahmen everywhere... stinky things.

level cap........ is stupid and BS entirely, HOW are any of the gain SPECIAL stat perks useful? what build uses them all? are one off builds the only thing that even chooses 1 or 2 of them? how does this make sense in terms of balance? you have to dedicated your whole perk strategy if you want to use them (gain stats perks), and even then things like lifegiver and sharpshooter are effectively 2 perc and 2.5ish end, so there is NO point in gaining Perc or END rather its always the BEST idea to start with 8-10 END and low INT (because you can just make up the skill gap between lvl 24-45) and also similarly max that health advantage with more live givers AR and toughness. really its BS there should be balance and NOT just high health builds.

dodger loses effectiveness and makes it so IF YOUR NOT A TANKY AC DODGER in the end game your AC becomes basically useless and your better just comboing a HTH-thrower with jinxed and in your face

a level cap that JUST LETS YOU GAIN SKILLS makes it so ALL viable builds lose even more on INT and just pump their END or other stats straight up because the option to gain health later and be more skillfull but less tanky IS NOT THERE.

i dont buy that people will abuse a no level cap, or the extra perks and health. its those extra perks and health that BALANCE OUT THE GAME. this game is horribly unfriendly to newcomers or anyone THAT SIMPLY WANTS TO PLAY THE GAME OR EVEN JUST RP A LITTLE. you get blown in half by some stupid drugged out min-max build.

Strike

Re: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:21:55 pm »
You just died few times?
Well people really die on this game, pockets full of stuff or empty pockets.

Experience on builds will lead to better gameplay, also experience from different server brings you help on reloaded.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:39:03 pm by Strike »

Garrett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:20 am »
ive played this fo2238 and i maxed 4 char to 24 and completely lost interest. played fonline 2 didnt like it, and honestly all of them just suck. they all are extremely biased to big gunner tanks or bursters and no amount of messing with the perks and skills is going to fix it. the health cap is the problem #*(&$#*(&$# does no one understand that if you have to choose between health and skills, and you do gain health till lvl 24, but only skills after means it will always be a trade of INT for more END. limiting char builds and narrowing this game solely into killer high health builds.

in just experimenting with hth char (i have 5, easily half a dozen more failed builds) ive found the most viable hth builds that work for me always just end up being tanks period, that use 1 hit to KO the target then beat it to death, doesn't matter if i make a damage dealer hth char with more damage or crits...... the hth tank always is more capable and survives........

its honestly just stupid i love fallout and i want to play fallout with my friends, but w/e the reasoning is behind how badly the perks/traits/level cap get chopped and hacked (even from just fo2238) is just horrible, hth evade and dodger plus might as well be the same perk, why did they change hth evade? it was good based on skill alone and allowed variations in hth dodger builds. as it is now it is clearly either the other AC perk you have to pick or just the lesser perk that you don't want or need with jinxed+kamakazii+livewire+"dodger+" vs jinxed+bruiser+livewire+"dodger+"+"hth evade+"

gah.

forget that i run from anyone i meet even in tanky builds. just makes no sense as an MMO that just says don't play if you don't want to join some stupid gang and make some stupid min-maxed druggy char

double gah w/e im just done with this. i tried messing with the source but then i realized i would end up likely just being my small group of friends anyways.... so whats the point? all the servers with players suck. if i make my own im basically just playing by myself so $*#& it.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:18:30 am by Garrett »

karcarov

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:25:03 am »
if it sucks why are you here...... the bgers being biased is silly because if they dont have snipers/energy weapon guys with them they are useless alone yes they make up the bulk of most groups fighting power but if you eliminate them then the same shits gonna happen with another build overtaking the game
really if you cant handle it you shouldnt be here if uve hated 2238, fonline 2, and now reloaded

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 01:10:05 am »
Yes make my 80hp shit stronger than 320hp tank!!! Give me legendary gun +200% dmg and holy armor +300hp and not lootable from my corpse...I love when you whine on server before you ask what I did wrong. You can play ur silly crafter but don't expect to make real dmg to anything. It isn't single player game :)

Or maby use safe mode- turn off hostile actions on ur char, and of someone want to shoot you, he have to send you duel invite, and ur stuff will be waiting for you after your death

gauvaran

• Random noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:19:45 am »
Just only a TB noob, I am 166 HP easily killed 281 M60 tank (backed up by his 4 friends( or Dual Log?)
So dont worry man, just play with joy  :P
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:22:48 am by gauvaran »

Esteban W.

• Gear is love. Gear is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 03:29:56 am »
I can successfully play the game by myself with a slave build, and the following skills:
Energy weapons
Doctor
Lockpick
Grab a tent, stash all the gear you find.
Eventually you find something rare and have a good time
In the mean time, you find some of the usual stuff that is necessary to survive.
I can't really do PvP, unless I get lucky.
I've found my role as a valuable support unit, healing and providing some decent damage to my usual 3-4 man team.
If you want to go far in this game, grab a few friends and set up a nice little base. You aren't going to get very far alone, especially with a crafter.
Experiment a little bit, find your calling. Melee, sharpshooting, whatever. There are a million different ways to play this game, granted, it seems much more fun when you play with more than a few people.
"What is, what what? Gear? Did someone say gear? I got you covered."

Struan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 04:31:41 am »
Folks around here love the little niche they fit into. Truthfully though he has a point, this game is unbalanced and it most likely always will be. People here prefer to have it this way but they only account for a minority of gamers in reality.They will curse you for criticizing and then complain when there is nobody to kill due to low server population. Well, what do you expect the population to look like when everyone is so quick to spit on anyone with a point of view.

We bounce from server to server but nothing really changes if you think about it except maybe some small features here and there. Change the perks a little or add some features that should have always been there in the first place but nothing major has really happened since the creation of TLA and the beginning of fonline. TLAMK2 seemed to be heading in the right direction with all the group activities but sadly falls flat when it REQUIRES a large force just to reach end game equipment and be competitive.

No big deal really. Move on and forget about fonline for a while. I'm enjoying Guild Wars 2 right now and having loads of fun. Hoping one day to see some of the different dev teams come together and create something truly wonderful instead of all these slightly different variations of the same unbalanced game.

P.S. I mean no offense to any devs on any any server as I'm aware that your teams are small and do this purely as a hobby and for love of the genre. I appreciate everything that has been done over the years to provide all these servers for all the ungrateful fans out there.

The veiws expressed in the above post are my opinion and should be taken as such. If you dont like them then too bad, nobody forced you to read it and it wasnt meant to insult anyone.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 06:45:20 am »
Unfortunately they guy is right,the population of server will never grow up cause of that...
Many people never played Fallou/FOnline and you all expect them to make right away some good build or nor complain about so high dynamics? A game like this would never have so many players becaouse if they don't know something from Fallout/FOnline they won't survive there for a long...some of them maybe adopted,used more brain a little bit but anyway,with that way new players is history and that means colapse for the server population...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

b__B

• JovankaB
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 07:35:30 am »
I think you are right that the difference from END 1 up to END 10 is waaaay too large.
But prepare to get douchebag replies from players who got used to the system, who
think everything is just fine, u noob cant make proper build to adjust to flawed mechanics.

My another concern is that even the best armors aren't that efficient unless you are maxed
out HP powerbuild, because it depends on % of your HP to stay alive and if you are low level
it won't even protect you from one burst, but good armor is still damn expensive piece of
equipment no matter what level or build you use. I think it shouldn't be possible to kill anyone
in CA-tier armor with a single shot (definitely not from distance), no matter what level or build
you are. I have no proposition for any specific mechanics how to achieve this, other than it
would have to be different from Fallout mechanics because you can't have such effect just by
changing DR and DT.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:53:25 am by b__B »
Your favorite player

xargas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:09:56 am »
Actually, the form is wrong, but the substance is right. This game IS extremely unbalanced, with only a few viable builds, and being tanky is almost the core of all. Also, adjusting to a flawed mechanic is not being pro, its getting used to. And you can say "wasteland is harsh bla bla bla" but wasteland should be harsh because of scarcity of resources, powerful mutants roaming it etc not because of a wanna-be-troll with minigun who just wants to kill you because... usually there isn't even any reason, he doesn't even loot your corpse. I personally think that the amount of supplies and resources is waaaay to high, the world is overpopulated, and seeing 24523 miniguns and 25324542 rocket launchers at every vendor is not very postapocalyptic. Still, its as close to original Fallout as it gets, so, I'll play it anyway.

PS: I think it would be great if there were 2 Reloaded servers, one for PvPers, and other "I-win-button" fellas, and other for roleplayers and people who prefer immersion over powergaming.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:13:45 am by xargas »

Strike

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 11:12:38 am »
Easy to do.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:39:34 pm by Strike »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »
Yes it is unbalanced but sadly nothing can do about it ;p

Strike

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »
Update is always a start to changing things, but yeah most likely fonline never changes.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 01:31:21 pm »
Update is always a start to changing things, but yeah most likely fonline never changes.
It's not about update its about mechanic. If you wanna make it balanced then you need change basic mechanics stuff.