April 26, 2024, 08:19:25 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Car key stuck into car trunk  (Read 3252 times)

Gunrunner

• View Profile
Car key stuck into car trunk
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:44:19 am »
I know it is so silly but I have managed to put my car key into the same cars trunk! Now when I'm trying to access the trunk I always getting the message : Need key! How can I resolve this? Thank you

mojuk

• View Profile
Re: Car key stuck into car trunk
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:00 am »
Lockpick a car trunk yourself (there is a small chance even with low lockpick skill + set of lockpicks might help) or ask a friend to do it for you. I would not recommend to let a first best person from NCR to do that because he will most likely drive away with your car :P
:facepalm

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:31 am »
I know it is so silly but I have managed to put my car key into the same cars trunk! Now when I'm trying to access the trunk I always getting the message : Need key! How can I resolve this? Thank you

i can help you, for 2000 caps :]

Gunrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:14:09 am »

i can help you, for 2000 caps :]

I think it's a deal :) And I hope u won't drive away. I bought my car just now :)

Gunrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:31 am »
Lockpick a car trunk yourself (there is a small chance even with low lockpick skill + set of lockpicks might help) or ask a friend to do it for you. I would not recommend to let a first best person from NCR to do that because he will most likely drive away with your car :P

Ty. Will try this if not I will PM Absolution

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 11:40:49 am »
I can help you for free when I am back from work. Have in mind though, that once the lock is lockpicked it's stays open forever (unless Kilgore implements the relocking cars update that he mentioned).

Oh, and I did the exact the same thing the other day  ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:43:14 am by Letoo »
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

Gunrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 11:53:58 am »
I can help you for free when I am back from work. Have in mind though, that once the lock is lockpicked it's stays open forever (unless Kilgore implements the relocking cars update that he mentioned).

Oh, and I did the exact the same thing the other day  ;D

Thank you! I'll be on the same frequency as you. Tried to resolve the issue myself but I only have 24 lockpick skill and,for some reason, Lockpick set doesn't work on Car Trunk lock.

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:54:53 am »
You have to have the lockpick set in your active slot and then use lockpick skill, that's how it works.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

Gunrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »
You have to have the lockpick set in your active slot and then use lockpick skill, that's how it works.
Thanks. Still doesn't help me, not enough skill. Tried 20+ times ... I guess Ill wait for ya :D

Grizzan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 07:39:25 pm »
I might be untrusted here, but I am ready to help for free. Also, I can't remember but I think that expanded lockpicks gives you +50 % lockpick skill, just put them on hand and lockpick trunk.