April 25, 2024, 07:36:51 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Intelligence implant  (Read 2518 times)

Flre

• View Profile
Intelligence implant
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:02:28 pm »
     It would be great, if intelligence implant would "recalculate" you overall skillpoints.
For example: you can get this implant on lvl 30, so everyone who got this implant after lvl 30 will be in worse situation, so it will force people to create new chars just because of that implant. Of course 8+ intelligence characters with lvl 150+ will not bother with this, because they will get their skills capped already, but it's a very important thing for 1-2 intelligence characters, which want to get high lvl.
     So i suggest to give these "lost skillpoints" to character, which got INT implant, formula will be smth like : SP added = ((Current char lvl - 30)*2)
Thx for attention.

Dillinger

• View Profile
Re: Intelligence implant
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:05:39 pm »
flashback? :o

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »
flashback? :o
it's very important implant, one of the most usefull, but his current mechanics will force to make new chars. So why should i remake my "perfect" (in my opinion ofc.) build and lvl it again to high lvl just because i got implant ? I mean really, i would do same build, the only difference is implant on lvl 30.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:53 am »
+1
I support the idea.

Also do something similar with Endurance Implant, as it is completely useless now, because you don't get HP after level 30.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 12:40:51 am »
+1
I support the idea.

Also do something similar with Endurance Implant, as it is completely useless now, because you don't get HP after level 30.

You get better protection vs crits

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:56 am »
But it much weaker than ag/pe/str/ch implants. Int and end should be reworked

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 01:21:08 am »
While i'd like it to remain as it is, we would have to get there at level 1 and use them all to make sure we get full use of the implants.
Like how Educated/Swift Learner works best when taken at low levels - but this affects a character's full potential.

And i'm sure many players would feel the need to make a 'implant alt' in order to use them, due to some stats being maxed/higher than needed.

Gee. Imagine the chaos when these finally get implemented  ;D
Wasteland is harsh.

Elmehdi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 08:24:57 pm »
+1
I support the idea.

You get better protection vs crits

Don't forget about bonus poison & rad resistances as well as potentially unlocking some support perks. Even with all of these it isn't worth that much though. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't +1 END on lvl 1 mean just +12 hp difference on lvl 24? I assume that returning these 12 hp to a player who obtains an END implant would just make it better balanced in comparison to other implants and I believe it's quite trivial to implement too.

As for the main thread - we have already talked about it in a different topic and I agree - INT implant is the one that you need to take on lvl 30 in order to fully benefit from it. This puts a lot of pressure on players to get it as early as possible in their character developement and may be frustrating as the chance of getting it is very low. That's why I think that any lost skill points should be compensated to a player that obtains an intelligence implant and is already over lvl 30 - mostly for a gameplay reason and to avoid frustration.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:26:58 pm by Elmehdi »