April 29, 2024, 09:31:33 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Food in wasteland.  (Read 5211 times)

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Food in wasteland.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »
But dying? Being weaker because of not eating? Not a MMO thing.
What....? Actually if you dont use drugs, crafted stuff, etc you will be weaker.
Drugs cause addiction, its called a withdrawal when not taken, when addicted.
They do give a very big advantage in the fights, it is a price they have to pay.

Besides, they aren't forced to take them.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:11:34 pm by Knife_cz »

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »
Drugs cause addiction, its called a withdrawal when not taken, when addicted.
They do give a very big advantage in the fights, it is a price they have to pay.

Besides, they aren't forced to take them.

Aww, come on now.
The drawbacks are a joke and drugs are so easy to get that you can simply take them all the time.
And sure, you're not forced to use them, but not using them is a big disadvantage in PvP.

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »
What u think about bonus "well feeded" when u eat something from food list?
It can be a good reason to take food with as a drug.
It can  get addiction "fatty" :D
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/245/6/c/pip_gabe_by_omny87-d5dctny.png
Why no?
We have addiction from all drugs so why not from normal, delicius food?
It is normal that if u eat to much u will be fat as a mountain and slowed.
Food can give a bonus heal rate that is good in PvE.

+10 to duh7 idea.

Food can be new Drug with minimum adiction chance of 1% or 5% and hardcore adiction effects which last for a long time (It is not easy to lose weight...).

Addiction "fatty" might include:
duh7 cool picture with fun description :D
and

Option 1: -2 agility. You are so fat taht you move slower. (och it hurts...)

Option 2: you cant run, your character is always overweight no mather how much items it carry :D

Food us a drug effects might be:

Option 1: Increased healing rate, from +5 to +12 (depending which food), last from 3-8 min

Option 2: Bonus HP (i mean bonus hp above normal value of hp. There should be hp cap for characters with 10 steneght, 10 endurance and implant, to not OP full tankers. I have idea for random hp bonus, that make eating more hazard drug E.g.: I have sniper Wizard Celard 178 hp if he eat iguana bits there is a roll to determine bonus hp (from 1-15), the roll for bonus hp is 2. Its too low, so i eat another iguana bits: roll=12. Each new roll reset prewious roll. Its fine value for me, my character have 190 hp for 3-6 minutes, when he is ,,well feed". Each roll for hp bonus is also roll for addiction and encrease chances to get adiction.  Each time you eat you risk addiction. More food you eat, more rolls for addiction. Addiction effects should really hurts because food have low chances of addiction. Its strange idea but its beter than constant hp bonus. With constant hp bouns food will be "must have drug" for all characters...

Include TV Dinners, Cheesy Poofs, and Box of Noodles as food items that can be fed to Companions to increase rep.

+1 to henry idea.

Already we have these food items:

Meat
Meat jerky
Fruit
Iguana-on-a-stick
Iguana bits
Box of noodles
Cheezy Poofs
Television Dinner

All these items should be eatable and the should be possible to fed to Companions to increase rep. Meat jerky could give small bonus to carry weight (max +10 cw).

Ideas for future (if my cooking pot idea will eventually pass someday):
New cooking recipe for cooking pot: Box of noodles + water bag = spaghetti :D
New critter iguana: small, weak critter (like mutated rat) that gives iguana meat item to craft iguana bits and with sharpned pole: iguana-on-a-stick
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:42:51 pm by Celard »

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 05:04:43 pm »
On ur knees mother*****r Im the Boss here! 8)
I think food and water can give a short buff to healing rate or stats and reduce poisone or rad. It can reduces other addictions when we are in good condition and food is high quality.
With low quality food we can get smaller buff and get some rad or poison.

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »
The idea of food and drink giving you a small buff in one way or another is pretty cool. Needing it to stay alive.. it's more realistic I suppose but it'd just be another thing to tick off on a check list. People would hoard food and drink and only use it to reduce the negative effects not eating and drinking would give you, it wouldn't be very good from a game play standpoint.

I love it in new vegas for playing a survival based character for the fun of it, but with an MMO like this it'd be odd.