April 29, 2024, 07:05:46 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Implants  (Read 4554 times)

Flre

• View Profile
Implants
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:48:36 pm »
     I want to hear Your opinion about implants, and i want to tell You mine.
I think that they are making game worse. Why? Because if You want ultimate combat character, you need them on lvl 30. Again, why ? Because difference in 1 intelligence on lvl 150 ~ 240 skillpoints. Those who are playing pvp often knows how important it is for 1 intelligence characater. So You are forced to lvl new character for implants, if you need really good char. I understand, You guys have 187374030*10134134141 resourses to craft and get new char to lvl 60 instantly, but still, most players will probably understand me.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Implants
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:50:17 pm »
I don't understand a single word you just said.

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »
donate a bit to help this game be online, and get a free respec.

and its lv 40

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:57:23 pm »
To Have good pvp build you will need 2x lg, 2x toughness, 2x ew toughness, 1x ag, 1x pe, 1x luck = 9 implants and 1mln caps

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »
To Have good pvp build you will need 2x lg, 2x toughness, 2x ew toughness, 1x ag, 1x pe, 1x luck = 9 implants and 1mln caps
it will be "decent" not "perfect"

donate a bit to help this game be online, and get a free respec.

and its lv 40
sounds fair, but 40 is not 100, i can get lvl 40 very fast.
I mean smth different. I want to say, that if i will waste all my resourses and efforts to lvlup my char without having 1 int implant, i will loose a sh*tload of skillpoints, which basically keeps me out of doing that.

Absolution

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 05:07:36 pm »
so?

implants are here and will stay, get one.

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »
implants are here and will stay, get one.
     Oh, ok, i will wait for 1 more month for event, and if luck will be kindly to me, i will get one.
P.S. Absolution, what this picture for ? You have some troubles irl, or what ? Oo

Absolution

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 05:16:28 pm »
its not about luck, its about skill and team play (if teams are present)

i will not respond to that

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 05:22:37 pm »
its not about luck
     Yeah, Hinkley event was good, but last one was exactly about luck. And greenthumbQQ, RabbitWhore, Glumer lost just because were unlucky. Yeah, you need very high skill to press "A" and click the target, praying to the God of luck. Chill a bit and take a look on some thing using brain.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »
If you ask me, implants are great. Let me explain why, I personally don’t have any but apparently it works like a driving force for many people who enjoy getting something special in this game, those are people who leave the game when they earn their first million or when they get all rare items they always dreamed of, but with implants they are encouraged to keep playing because it is not so easy to get them.

This made the game great for people like me, who don’t really care about some top stuff, who basically believe that a decent build with good stuff together with a decent player actually matters much more than some small boost from implants or from crafted armors/weapons. This all means that regular stuff is so easy to get, that even I don’t have problems with obtaining it.

Also, I love the idea of implants being a reward for something really significant (like winning in a tournament) rather than some other luck dependent items like vertibirds, where you have to wait for some imaginary fortune (in other words a pseudo-randomly generated number).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:56:37 pm by Kelin »

Elmehdi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 06:18:31 pm »
     I want to hear Your opinion about implants, and i want to tell You mine.
I think that they are making game worse. Why? Because if You want ultimate combat character, you need them on lvl 30. Again, why ? Because difference in 1 intelligence on lvl 150 ~ 240 skillpoints. Those who are playing pvp often knows how important it is for 1 intelligence characater. So You are forced to lvl new character for implants, if you need really good char. I understand, You guys have 187374030*10134134141 resourses to craft and get new char to lvl 60 instantly, but still, most players will probably understand me.

I think I understand some point in this. However it is actually only about intelligence implant since you need it on lvl 30 in order to get a full benefit from it. I absolutely don't think that removing implants is the right answer here though.

As a solution I would suggest a little tweak to INT implant. Maybe when you obtain it you should immediately earn the amount of skill points calculated by a formula: (your_current_lvl - 30) x 2 ? It would remove a pressure from players to get it as early as possible because any potential skill point loss would be compensated anyway..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:22:19 pm by Elmehdi »

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 07:43:03 pm »
small boost from implants or from crafted armors/weapons
Man are you serious ? Go try to fight burster with 2x HP, 2xDT implant and you will see how huge this bonus actually are.

However it is actually only about intelligence implant
Yes, probably i choosed a wrong topic name, basically only INT implant is the thing which embarassing me. And it's a very good idea with such a formula, it can solve this problem.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »
Man are you serious ? Go try to fight burster with 2x HP, 2xDT implant and you will see how huge this bonus actually are.
I have never met one, but if I do, there are other means to deafeat him, like a good old swarm for example, that works always ;p

When there will be a whole team of these bursters then of course it will be a problem, but one? The consistency of the team is more important, always.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 09:06:44 pm »
Implant are very strong but even top stuffed and implanted char like arni-terminator can loose and lost his top equipment, and this is why I love this game.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 09:20:52 pm »
As a solution I would suggest a little tweak to INT implant. Maybe when you obtain it you should immediately earn the amount of skill points calculated by a formula: (your_current_lvl - 30) x 2 ? It would remove a pressure from players to get it as early as possible because any potential skill point loss would be compensated anyway..

Yes, that would be good idea. Also, the Endurance implant should work retroactively, otherwise it's completely useless.