April 19, 2024, 02:59:46 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [AI/Graphics] Cave Mercenaries can't wield LSW/other Big Guns (low)  (Read 2307 times)

Ganado

• View Profile
In caves, the bald, male, 120 HP "Mercenary" NPC that wears Leather Armor probably doesn't have the animation to wield Light Support Weapons, so it attacks unarmed even though it has an LSW + ammo in its inventory on death.

(Easiest fix is I guess to just replace the animations with the animations for bald dude player.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:18:07 pm by Ganado »

OdijSuppi

• View Profile
Re: [AI/Graphics] Cave Mercenaries can't wield LSWs (low)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:31:23 am »
Leather Armor has all the animations. I think it's a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. problem. I have seen Mercenaries with all kind of Big Guns in their inventory, so maybe their strength is to low. Also they give only 90xp. They definitely need some attention.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

Ganado

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:14:41 pm »
You might be right, but if it was just a stat problem, I think the NPCs would have the weapon out while idling, and then put it away once they start attacking, but I guess I could test that in 2238 sdk some time, I could be wrong... Also, even though "bald dude" makes the animations work, those might not have been applied to the NPCs' skins.

OdijSuppi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 02:56:33 pm »
Also, even though "bald dude" makes the animations work, those might not have been applied to the NPCs' skins.

Yeah, that could be the problem.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."