Re: Super event
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2013, 03:46:43 pm »
<offtopic> image reply mode on </offtopic>

Fahrenheit

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2013, 03:58:40 pm »
Topic read 666 times, celebration time!

To clarify, fellas from BBS are not the only ones who understand "true nature of the wastes" (duh) (as if there was one and only true nature of the wastes). I also like to shoot people in the face occasionally and without reason, but somehow, i dont feel the need to call them also "fckin noobs" while i pretend to have buttsex with their warm carcass.
Man, "noob" is such an overused word.

cubik2k

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2013, 06:51:42 pm »
Is this topic about fellas from BBS or other gang/players?

Do not make offtop.

Better adequately to the title of thread, suggest idea for a great event :)

Wallace

• Not a bug. It's a feature...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »
Is this topic about fellas from BBS or other gang/players?

Do not make offtop.

Better adequately to the title of thread, suggest idea for a great event :)

The same one once again would be great ...if you'd switch off damage  dealt by players to players that is.
Desert Drifters

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2013, 11:42:37 pm »
When i say BBS spoiled the event im talking about the fact that they are just too big.
They have too many players in their faction.

If me and my faction (3 people total) decided to go to that event we would definitely die, lose our gear, and then probably ragequit the game.
Its not a matter of being butthurt, its a matter of calculations. We have no chance, regardless of what we do, so we dont go there.
We dont go to TCs because we cant start a TC with only 3 players, and even if it was possible we wouldnt do it because we would die anyways (not enough players).

This is one of the reasons why fonline will never be really popular.
The small groups realize pretty quickly that they will never be able to compete against the bigger factions.
We cannot participate in TC combat, and as we can see from this thread, we cannot participate in events like this either.
The only thing small factions like us can participate in is PvE. Farming some enclave patrols.
Doing solely pve gets boring pretty quickly unfortunately.

BBS can call it "wasteland is a harsh place" and whatnot, but eventually this server will also close down because they were too big and hushed away all the small factions leaving them no choice other than to leave the server. The internet is a harsh place. If your game isnt popular it closes down.
This game unfortunately is only really enjoyable if you have enough manpower. Big factions become bigger, small factions disappear.
This continues until a server closes down. Happened plenty of times now, 2238 is only one such example.
This event just further demonstrated that either you have a big faction, or you can go fuck yourself.
This is the single biggest problem in fonline and has never been addressed yet. I dont actually know how to address it, but this is what fucks this game in the ass.
Big factions like BBS that fuck players in the ass. Until those players fuck the game in the ass by leaving the server.

BBS started with 3 people around. In fact, at one point in time the game was all about 30-40 people swarms and we had 4 active members, but we stuck around and did TC anyway.

Yes, it sucks a bit that usually you can't have 5v5 or even 10v10 PvP. In fact, it's pretty annoying for us too since we often have to fight 12vs16 or something like that. But you make it sound as if dealing with it was impossible, while the reality is that all it takes is a bit of wasteland politics, an alliance or two and some patience.

I think the prevalence of this kind of mindset is what's really hurting the game - people are afraid to PvP or visit events that might involve losing their gear,
 which means that they never learn the skillset and establish connections that would enable them to thrive there. You shouldn't treat every death like a failure or even worse a slap to the face, you should treat it as an opportunity to learn. FOnline is very similar to Dark Souls in this respect - you die a lot, but each death is a lesson that will hopefully teach you something new.

And to keep it more on topic, I like the idea of PvE events that have PvP enabled, but imo this kind of stuff should be clarified before the event begins just to avoid this kind of whine in the future.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:45:19 pm by Nice_Boat »
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2013, 10:23:16 am »
"Yes, it sucks a bit that usually you can't have 5v5 or even 10v10 PvP."

You wasnt in New Reno yesterday, there were nice battles BBS vs Hawks. Ill check if i have recorded something...

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2013, 12:40:56 pm »
Tl;DR, whine and butthurt alert.

And here it goes, same shit as always. Same shit as on 2238. I know you call it "roleplaying bad guys", but it's bullshit. I know it's a game, i know that there were no specified rules about event, but... so what? Is that mean that you can drop by, make a slaughter for casual players who wanted to have some fun?

Nice_boat started a topic, about pve and pvp. here's your answer, you bring your pvp shit everywhere you can, and in many cases it's fun destroyer. Why does nobody before you guys arrived was killed by a player? I know you guys are soooo awesome that you can kill 10x times moar muties than other players and it's boring for you. But people can have fun in many ways, not only smashing casuals. Use your brain sometimes, use imagination, since it's just a game. People came to fight muties, to defend themselves against hoard of monsters. And you pretty fucked up their joy of playing. It was their chance to have fun with cooperation, challenging fight at their level. What was the point of this slaughter? Just to show what fun really is? Only you had fun. Be selfish and whine later why server died and no one wants to do TC. Same was with 2238. Yes, devs fucked up with their changes too, but it started earlier before, because of morons like you without respect of other players. Yeah, say same old shit about wasteland is harsh, its pvp game, adapt or die or other shit. I've heard that already many times, probably earlier that you started playing FO. But I'm not talking about casuals dying on desert when you met player and he kills you. Happens. I'm not talking about PK in unguarded towns and mines. They know the risk going there. I'm talking about opportunity for casual players to enjoy not only hunting and crafting but have some decent events as well. You said: "nobody forbidden killing players there, there were no rules", and I'm aware that you need rules to know what you can and what you can't do, but why other people, didn't acted like you? Only one thing came up on my mind, because of your limited brain capabilities. You can call my post butthurt, whining or whatever you want, but if after few month, there will be 20 persons on the server, don't blame devs. Blame yourself. And it's not about losing stuff in such an event, it's about you fucked up fun for others. You can say, Gm fucked up because he didn't make the rules, he didn't saved blue ones, but GM is a busy man. He organized event in his free time, limited time in a break from making the game better. How can he assume that he needed to tell the retarded ones to back off and leave some fun to others? Be glad he made an event of others, since TC is not accessible for everyone. Yeah, i know for you my post is "blah blah, butthurt, blah, blah, whining... oh, he called me ratarded?! Flame on!" and you don't care about my opinion but i saw it many, many times. There will be no decent events for players while everyone will know about it. I wrote somewhere here about small events for chosen ones, and it was fun. I even remember one event when someone from BBS enjoyed defending BoS with casuals (probably Kirkor, i can't remember it well, since it was long time ago), without PK, looting and stuff. I hope I'm wrong with more than a half things here, but if you want to prove me wrong, leave PK in north town. RP is fun too, but what you call "bad guy PK" it's just a pure bullshit. Cheers.

Edit: sorry if i offtoped "a lil bit". For rehabilitation, I can say make more event for a small amount of players. I know it's hard and in many cases unfair for others, but with decent amount of events everyone should be able to join some and have some fun too. I remember few ideas from 2238, and have few mine. Basicly it's monster spawning in different locations, or something like, let's call it "Lamia kidnapping and rescue" if someone remebers, but with right ppl and some RP others should have fun too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 12:50:27 pm by serath »

adem

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2013, 01:03:49 pm »
Serath youre right ii cant uderstand why they cannot see it blaming for everyones whining. Sick people, uore good in describing arguments, but look what admin said about them, he see it without description, hes smart.

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2013, 01:41:25 pm »
Well said Serath, it baffles me how such a simple and obvious truth cannot pierce to their brains.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2013, 08:37:58 pm »
When i say BBS spoiled the event im talking about the fact that they are just too big.
They have too many players in their faction.

If me and my faction (3 people total) decided to go to that event we would definitely die, lose our gear, and then probably ragequit the game.
Its not a matter of being butthurt, its a matter of calculations. We have no chance, regardless of what we do, so we dont go there.
We dont go to TCs because we cant start a TC with only 3 players, and even if it was possible we wouldnt do it because we would die anyways (not enough players).

This is one of the reasons why fonline will never be really popular.
The small groups realize pretty quickly that they will never be able to compete against the bigger factions.
We cannot participate in TC combat, and as we can see from this thread, we cannot participate in events like this either.
The only thing small factions like us can participate in is PvE. Farming some enclave patrols.
Doing solely pve gets boring pretty quickly unfortunately.

BBS can call it "wasteland is a harsh place" and whatnot, but eventually this server will also close down because they were too big and hushed away all the small factions leaving them no choice other than to leave the server. The internet is a harsh place. If your game isnt popular it closes down.
This game unfortunately is only really enjoyable if you have enough manpower. Big factions become bigger, small factions disappear.
This continues until a server closes down. Happened plenty of times now, 2238 is only one such example.
This event just further demonstrated that either you have a big faction, or you can go fuck yourself.
This is the single biggest problem in fonline and has never been addressed yet. I dont actually know how to address it, but this is what fucks this game in the ass.
Big factions like BBS that fuck players in the ass. Until those players fuck the game in the ass by leaving the server.

BBS started with 3 people around. In fact, at one point in time the game was all about 30-40 people swarms and we had 4 active members, but we stuck around and did TC anyway.

Yes, it sucks a bit that usually you can't have 5v5 or even 10v10 PvP. In fact, it's pretty annoying for us too since we often have to fight 12vs16 or something like that. But you make it sound as if dealing with it was impossible, while the reality is that all it takes is a bit of wasteland politics, an alliance or two and some patience.

I think the prevalence of this kind of mindset is what's really hurting the game - people are afraid to PvP or visit events that might involve losing their gear,
 which means that they never learn the skillset and establish connections that would enable them to thrive there. You shouldn't treat every death like a failure or even worse a slap to the face, you should treat it as an opportunity to learn.

Here is your regular dude:
I come home from work at 8. After eating, showering, tending to some business etc, i have about 2 hours available to me before i go to sleep.
If i die during pvp and lose my gear, that means i have to farm the materials again. More boring farm time.
I dont treat deaths as failures. I treat deaths as something that forces me to do something that i dont enjoy: farming materials for hours which i dont have.
We dont stand a chance in TC with only 3 members, end of story. Will we die with only 3 people? Yes we will. Will we have to farm for gear after we died? Yes we have to. Do we have time to do so? No we dont.

End of story.

Grizzan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2013, 08:43:11 pm »
Albert to jakas nowość? Kurewski świat i musisz uważac na kurwy, zawsze patrzeć do tyłu i czekać na kurwy, które strzelają ludziom w plecy. Teraz weż pod uwagę jeszcze wątek częstych narzekań konkretnych ludzi. Jest w tym półświatku sprawa Tomowolfa i jego przekonań, slyszałem, że to serwer BBS-u, bo zostało im zabijanie niezorganizowanych bo fonline ponoć umarł a to nie jest nawet namiastka jego wskrzeszenia, takie rzeczy mowią ludzie. Warto żeby każdy nowy czy niezorganizowany wiedział z czym może mieć do czynienia. Co do Mariposy widzialem wszystko, wpada do NCR Overseer i obwieszcza event z mutami właśnie tam, na odpowiedzi czy brac broń mówi przyjdźcie zobaczycie. Wpada liczba ok 30 graczy i sie dobrze bawią w zabijaniu mutków, z których jest loot, mfc widziałem, jest mutów w chuj. także sielanka trwa w najlepsze, ludzie rozbiegani jak na pikniku zero sttresu, wpada bbs od tyłu i nakurwia po plecach, ludzie do mobow, bbs do ludzi, kilka chwil ludzi nie ma, respawn zajety, bbs wita. KOniec wątku jest taki do ncr wpada członek bbs i krzyczy: bbs dziękuje za lootfest w mariposie. Może przypadkowo weszli i zajebali, mozę, może, może a może jeśli idąć głosami ze admini to bbs, to tworca eventu wie kogo ile jest teraz, takze prosze mi overseer oglosic lootfest u mnie w tencie mam akurat paczke rozjebiemy wszystko, nie mysle tak ale mogę tak myśleć. Także popłakałem i napisałem bo zaczynam rozumieć sens postępowania wymienionego tomowolfa, nie mówię, że to prawda ale krystalicznej jasności nie ma, także mysleć sobie można...

9/11 lost