Username:

Password:

Topic: Super event  (Read 26406 times)

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Super event
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 02:30:15 pm »
Let's get something straight. If the rules of the event didn't prohibit players from fighting other players, it's your fault that you didn't prepare for this kind of stuff. If this kind of conduct was prohibited, I'm slightly annoyed that those guys didn't get an airstrike to the face.

As far as the "BBS server" bullshit is concerned, the truth is that we don't receive ANY developer help whatsoever. In fact, since we know Kilgore and Kilgore knows us, we get trolled by him from time to time. I bet that the aforementioned Tomowolf would cry his ass off and post over 9,000 threads about dev abuse if Kilgore stalked him with a plasma pistol on an immortal char.

Basically, BBS is doing here what BBS used to do on TLA or 2238. Obviously, our style of play causes butthurt. Yes, you might try and rationalize your victimization by saying that we receive dev support and quit, but in the end you'd be leaving an excellent game because a gang with a chaotic-evil alignment kicked your ass.

Besides, you need to be very noobish to even consider this possibility. We were owned multiple times by Hawks or TTTLA because we failed our scouting. Would this shit happen if the devs were on our side? No. So just stop it, because in the end you're shitting where you eat - this kind of bullshit tends to spread around, which means that you'll have less people to play with. And since you picked Reloaded in the first place and opted to stick with it, there must be something you like about this game.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Andr3aZ

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 02:42:36 pm »
Well, after I tried to reactivate the modoc militia on 2238 the whole thing was killed by 1 Guy (I was told he was from BBS). People never returned after someone ran in there (forgot the nick) and miniguned everybody to death for 2 hours.

Was I mad at him or his presumed faction? No! Because that's what the game is about! It's dangerous! And I loved how we tried to kill that guy with our spears and shitty shotguns. I cant call "HEY ROLEPLAY IN MODOC NOW, PLEASE BE PEACEFUL" that's not how this whole thing works. So if you make an event that is not GM supervised then expect to get it ef'd up - and if it happens, try again or ask a GM to make it semi-official and support you.

Prayer

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 02:45:42 pm »
Let's get something straight. If the rules of the event didn't prohibit players from fighting other players, it's your fault that you didn't prepare for this kind of stuff. If this kind of conduct was prohibited, I'm slightly annoyed that those guys didn't get an airstrike to the face.

As far as the "BBS server" bullshit is concerned, the truth is that we don't receive ANY developer help whatsoever. In fact, since we know Kilgore and Kilgore knows us, we get trolled by him from time to time. I bet that the aforementioned Tomowolf would cry his ass off and post over 9,000 threads about dev abuse if Kilgore stalked him with a plasma pistol on an immortal char.

Basically, BBS is doing here what BBS used to do on TLA or 2238. Obviously, our style of play causes butthurt. Yes, you might try and rationalize your victimization by saying that we receive dev support and quit, but in the end you'd be leaving an excellent game because a gang with a chaotic-evil alignment kicked your ass.

Besides, you need to be very noobish to even consider this possibility. We were owned multiple times by Hawks or TTTLA because we failed our scouting. Would this shit happen if the devs were on our side? No. So just stop it, because in the end you're shitting where you eat - this kind of bullshit tends to spread around, which means that you'll have less people to play with. And since you picked Reloaded in the first place and opted to stick with it, there must be something you like about this game.
+1

Same for Andr3aZ. Thx for showing a reason in your thinking.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »
WWP was one of better RP project what was done with head because it was done by guys who do it on characters who can fight with enemy.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »
As far as I know, there was a lot of complains about FOnline2 developers helping SOT faction (it's so obvious they were false, no one would waste his time on working on the game and risk that).. so "BBS server" bullshit doesn't surprise me. tomowolf is just a poor troll, I regret the fact that he was playing Reloaded at all, in the first place, the only thing he did was causing some drama and annoyance - i'm glad he's gone. even more funny that he insulted even fo2 devs while pming me on irc, initially, and now fo2 forum is tomowolf's asylum ;)

The best part is that "the event" was organised by an admin that has never played with BBS ;)

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 02:57:24 pm »
The point you seem to be missing is that you're having "fun" at expense of others. You are purposely ruining the game for people that find fun in exploring the lore and pve'ing who finally got an event of their liking. You earned the names people are calling you, live with it.

@Kilgore, my sincere apologies then, I falsely assumed you were the one who organised it, the nick Overseer didn't pop up, it was just a server message.

Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2013, 03:02:22 pm »
The point you seem to be missing is that you're having "fun" at expense of others. You are purposely ruining the game for people that find fun in exploring the lore and pve'ing who finally got an event of their liking. You earned the names people are calling you, live with it.

We don't give a damn about what people think about us as long as it's not some "dev abuse" smear campaign, in which case you're hurting yourself as much as you're hurting us. Yes, we do "evil" stuff in-game because we like that playstyle, I guess every mmo has its own brand of a devilish asshole. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:04:53 pm by Nice_Boat »
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Crovax

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »
Any video footage? Sounds like it will be a funny one to watch :D

Dillinger

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2013, 03:34:28 pm »
good event, but ugly organization

Neuromancer

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2013, 04:23:36 pm »
The point you seem to be missing is that you're having "fun" at expense of others.
Most of mechanics in fonline is based on this fact.

You are purposely ruining the game for people that find fun in exploring the lore and pve'ing who finally got an event of their liking.
If you are referring to roleplaying, and if u ever played any p&p game you would accept a possibility of meeting evil alligned group of 5 people, who would run over and backstab you, in order to get goods, money, reputation ( whether it's good or bad ) or simply just for having bloody fun in a dystopian post-apocalyptic setting.

As for the event, and this thread - I love it.

"... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - F. Nietzsche

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »
The point you seem to be missing is that you're having "fun" at expense of others.

You are purposely ruining the game for people that find fun in exploring the lore and pve'ing who finally got an event of their liking.
If you are referring to roleplaying, and if u ever played any p&p game you would accept a possibility of meeting evil alligned group of 5 people, who would run over and backstab you, in order to get goods, money, reputation ( whether it's good or bad ) or simply just for having bloody fun in a dystopian post-apocalyptic setting.

Doesn't mean people have to love you for it, does it? Anyway, I enjoyed the rant, and I will most definitely try to get back at you eventually, but for now lets all agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:52:21 pm by Letoo »

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Prayer

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2013, 05:17:58 pm »

Doesn't mean people have to love you for it, does it? Anyway, I enjoyed the rant, and I will most definitely try to get back at you eventually, but for now lets all agree to disagree.
Doesn't mean people have to offend each and everyone of us as well.

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2013, 05:20:57 pm »

Doesn't mean people have to offend each and everyone of us as well.

I don't blame them and you've earned it, fair and square. As long as you 'have fun' murdering people they will have fun thanking you for it accordingly.

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

AlbertStarski

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »

What I'm going to say, tho, is that THIS IS JUST A GAME and it's for fun

Have you heard about Hinkley area ? You should check it out !

cubik2k

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2013, 08:42:18 pm »
I am the author of this event and I have nothing to do with the BBS or any other faction, nor with any of the players. Event was for all for fun. It was a battle with mutties, and as in every fight you could be killed.  There were some idiots who took the opportunity to kill other players, it is not my fault. Please do not blame or fault on Kilgore, BBS or any other faction or GM. For my part, I have shown a lack of bias in this event.
It was my fault this event.
I'm sorry for the loss of moral, material and promise that will not be more events.

And to the author of this topic:
note the man that although most of the time you flown as a lost sheep in this event, and you died every moment, instead went out from this location, and now you write some pathetic subjects.
Remember also that you revived a few times when you lay dead, it was not a spontaneous resurrection, it was a revival.
Each participant in the event, I tried to be treated equally.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:52:46 pm by cubik2k »