April 26, 2024, 01:19:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 02/09/2013 #3  (Read 14341 times)

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
Re: Changelog 02/09/2013 #3
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 08:01:19 am »
There are mainly two typs of players in Fonline. The people enjoying pvp and the guys that love Fonline because it gives them both, player interaction and hording stuff. You guys want the worlmap to be a gigantic fight pit, thats fine. Bear in mind that there are other people around you that love the game for other aspects and you guys don't even compromise. I hope no one will listen to such a crowd. Player protection is "one way", and I guess its not the final way, of giving new players a good start into the game. Atleast its something. And for all the guys thinking "I better play a game with a small player base rather than with low level protection!" did you ever played Fonline 2238? If you did you know what its like having a small player base...

Czarny

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 08:28:01 am »
Maybe I miss something, but chance of encounter depends  mostly of your Outdoorsman skill right ?
Give a boost to it for new players, but not depended on level but hours of playing and you get rid of alts problem at the same time.

Ah, and this should be an option to choose when you are creating characters if you like it or not.

Ox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:34 am »
I dont see what the issue is with a lvl 10 protection cap.

I doesnt take that long to lvl up to 10, helps new players learn the ropes.
The Wastes still needs civilised people.

kaincallavis

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »
I dont see what the issue is with a lvl 10 protection cap.

I doesnt take that long to lvl up to 10, helps new players learn the ropes.

Helps anyone who isn't new have free cave and locker farming...
Level 3 protection max.

Frankly I don't think its necessary at all. We have 400+ players consistently. It was taken away and its not like we have had a mass exodus away from the server.
We have a small handful of players who still feel it is necessary and a lot of players (even some of whom are brand new) that are asking for no protection.

I think the players have spoken. You will always have a few people begging for the easy street. Fact is, Fallout Online is not meant to be easy street.
For those who enjoy the pve and hoarding aspect of the game just be careful where you farm. Up north in those urban areas I have yet to encounter another player, for example... Plenty of easy lockers. There might be some players there after I said it but the point remains valid. Look for spots, there are LOT of remote locations to farm anything you need with very very few adversaries.

The people that want to hunt other players are going to be looking for the most trafficked areas.
-Kain

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 11:17:19 pm »
i'm a newbie altrough a deep fan of Fallout series. Hello everyone :)

now to the subject:
low-level players PvP protection is, too say it short, not needed in Reloaded.

firstly, it's way easier to be killed by dogs or any other mobs encountered on world map.

secondly, Fallout was always about survival and giving such a protection wipes survival part off the game, it makes it another boring grind game on the market and this fact alone can and will throw new players away.

thirdly, Fallout was always about survival. killing it you kill Fallout. newbies will not taste the thrill. that's bad.

fourthly, without protection new players are more prone to work in groups, with protection you dont need any interaction or "safe" thinking to progress.
Rubber Bob, you should find a partner ;) i don't try to force your view, it's immature.

fifthly, survival has greatest influence at the beginning of Reloaded journey. later, when player gets familiar with mechanics it looses it's magic - i. e. it's simply downgraded by player's character getting stronger.

so please don't kill Fallout.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 11:43:22 pm »
Test the latest changes, should be satisfying for everyone.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
Low level ain't necessary newbie always, could be just an alt - and if they got protection, nobody prevents them from taking their best armor and weapons and hunt in big and in safety before other players.
and try to PK other low level newbs without a fear of retaliation.

From other thread:
The basic problem is that you don't need a level 30 character to PK a low level character.

While that would mean level 30's would encounter each other at the regular rate, it also means low level builds would encounter each other at the regular rate.

I can promise you what would happen is people would build low level alts designed specifically to PK.
Already happened.

One of my low level crafter alts had two failed PK attempts by some newb/low level alt wearing combat armor.

Congrats, you have accomplished your mission.   ::)
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.